• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 7

Iceman10

Established Member
Would it really be an exposure if City narrowly miss out on the title to Liverpool tho? I mean they've got 198 points in two season, first manager to retain the title in a decade, will probably get over 90 points again this season regardless of who wins the league. If anything it shows he's a victim of the standards he's setting if failing to win the league means he's been exposed. He's also won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies in the last 2 years.

In his first year it was "look Pep can't win the PL his way what a fraud". Then he won it with 100 points, then he retained it with 98 points as part of a domestic treble. Exposed? I'm not sure, winning 3 in a row was always gonna be a tall ask. It's such a rarity that it happens. Mourinho never managed it, Wenger didn't even get 2 in a row. Benitez couldn't win 1 with Liverpool. Neither of the two previous City managers did with while City were still spending millions. Heck the great Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's only managed to do it once for all their dominance.

Agree with what he has done at City, in line with high expectations and the CL being a knockout competition. I kind of just want to see him exhausted at City and move to another club to see if Bayern was a blip or not.

Pepes blue pill

Would it really be an exposure if City narrowly miss out on the title to Liverpool tho? I mean they've got 198 points in two season, first manager to retain the title in a decade, will probably get over 90 points again this season regardless of who wins the league. If anything it shows he's a victim of the standards he's setting if failing to win the league means he's been exposed. He's also won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies in the last 2 years.

In his first year it was "look Pep can't win the PL his way what a fraud". Then he won it with 100 points, then he retained it with 98 points as part of a domestic treble. Exposed? I'm not sure, winning 3 in a row was always gonna be a tall ask. It's such a rarity that it happens. Mourinho never managed it, Wenger didn't even get 2 in a row. Benitez couldn't win 1 with Liverpool. Neither of the two previous City managers did with while City were still spending millions. Heck the great Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's only managed to do it once for all their dominance.

People need to realise being contrarian is cool if your warren buffet and making fortunes from it, otherwise you just sound stupid most the time

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Doesn't feel like City's titles really count anyway. They were just an ordinary club, never even a regular PL team, but they just activated a lot of cheat codes. Hardly admirable or memorable compared to other era's.
Tbh, I've always found it easy to look past the 'oil money' thing and just appreciate the football for what it is. I think, in most cases, big clubs have done unscrupulous things to get to the top and stay on top, and this is just City's turn.

Pepes blue pill

Tbh, I've always found it easy to look past the 'oil money' thing and just appreciate the football for what it is. I think, in most cases, big clubs have done unscrupulous things to get to the top and stay on top, and this is just City's turn.

So true, not all equal but currently you got, city and their dodgy owners, chelsea and abramovich, liverpool sponsored by standard chartered and Arsenal with visit Rwanda on their shirts, all pretty ****ty

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah fair enough. It's the romance of football I think to have some local lads in the team who have been at the club forever and some fallen players who find a second wind, etc.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
But, Wengers last 6 years and Pep's 6 years. Is there a difference in resources and possibilities? If you swap their position. Would pep have achived the same results? Good football is good football. Not sure it has anything to do with if a club deserves it or not.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But, Wengers last 6 years and Pep's 6 years. Is there a difference in resources and possibilities? If you swap their position. Would pep have achived the same results? Good football is good football. Not sure it has anything to do with if a club deserves it or not.
Both managers' last 6 years? Of course there was a difference in resources. Would Pep have achieved the same? Very doubtful, but I'd have backed him to have done better than Wenger.

The 'deserving; argument is a strange one... You've got owners, the manager and the players. It's all down to whether you think the football the players are producing deserves the honours and, as we know, the manager is responsible for that. Somebody has to win.

Who really deserves glory these days, and what's the chances of it? Shrewsbury... they deserve it, don't they? Is it ever going to happen for them? No. Question is, where do we draw the line that divides what's fair from 'not' fair. Would it be the same as 'advantaged' and 'disadvantaged'? I think it's the same thing, which is why I personally can't be arsed with the resources argument.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Both managers' last 6 years? Of course there was a difference in resources. Would Pep have achieved the same? Very doubtful, but I'd have backed him to have done better than Wenger.

The 'deserving; argument is a strange one... You've got owners, the manager and the players. It's all down to whether you think the football the players are producing deserves the honours and, as we know, the manager is responsible for that. Somebody has to win.

Who really deserves glory these days, and what's the chances of it? Shrewsbury... they deserve it, don't they? Is it ever going to happen for them? No. Question is, where do we draw the line that divides what's fair from 'not' fair. Would it be the same as 'advantaged' and 'disadvantaged'? I think it's the same thing, which is why I personally can't be arsed with the resources argument.
Deserve might be the wrong word tbf. But when clubs cheat and abuse the rules that were set against financial doping to basically be able to buy any players it's hard to be happy and say they deserve it - "Great work" etc..

I might not have the word to define it but I sure don't respect the people involved.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Fixture scheduling is a total mess this season. On Oct 27th Arsenal v Palace, Liverpool v Sp**s, Norwich v United all kick off at the same time.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom