• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
BBC asked 24 TV pundits for their top 4 prediction.

Summary: overwhelming predictions for
City 1
Liverpool 2
Sp**s 3
Arsenal 4
———————
Chelsea and United miss out

That’s what the pro pundits think.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

City 1
Liverpool 2
Sp**s 3
Arsenal 4
———————

Pretty accurate tbh. I don't see much changing there. Its below those 4 where most of the unpredictable stuff is likely to happen with Chelsea and Utd state. Probably one or two of Everton, West Ham, Wolves, Watford and possibly Leicester may give them a fight for finishing in Europa places.

goonerfamily

I went for 4th, which is the aim. I think City and Pool are the top 2 while Sp**s are still slightly better than us but the gap is very very small now.

Think people are underrating Sp**s in this thread. They are more of an established side than us and have bought very well. Could see Liverpool burning out and Sp**s finishing above them. Don't think we'll overtake them this season but the season after is where we dethrone them hopefully (especially if Poch goes)

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Top4 should be the minimal goal. We have a better squad than last season and Chelsea/Man Utd didn't push on the transfer market and look much weaker in certain areas.

It's make or break season for Unai, he need to produce the results and I'm fully confident he can do it.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

City 1
Liverpool 2
Sp**s 3
Arsenal 4
———————

Interesting.

Have you made an updated squad cost list yet?

Manberg

Predator
It's the performances and results against the would be mid table clubs that worry me. They can set themselves up well and frustrate us as we keep seeing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's the performances and results against the would be mid table clubs that worry me. They can set themselves up well and frustrate us as we keep seeing.

We have a lot more new ammo to help with that now though. We were so so predictable last year.

Aevi

Hale End FC
A couple of new/clarified rules...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...er-league-season-rules-teams-players-and-more

"Handball - If a player deliberately touches the ball they are penalised, but a foul will also be given if they create a chance or score a goal from an accidental handball. Any incident where a player's arms have been raised above shoulder-height is also likely to be given, or if they have made their body 'unnaturally' bigger.

However, if the ball hits a player's hand or arm from close-range, their arm is close to the body or used to support their body while falling will usually not be punished.

Substitutions - Players must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline unless the referee allows them to leave on the half-way line for safety or injury reasons.

Goal kicks - The ball is in play from the moment it is kicked and moves. Opposition players still in the area because they have not had time to leave are permitted, and can intercept the goal kick.

Yellows and reds - If the attacking team wishes and the referee has not started to issue the card, they can take a quick free-kick at this point so long as it creates a goalscoring opportunity. The referee will then issue the card when the ball next goes out of play.

However, if the referee was about to send off the player who has given away the foul for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, they will only receive a yellow card if the attacking team takes the quick free-kick.

Dropped balls - If a dropped ball is given inside either penalty area, it is dropped for the defending team's goalkeeper when play restarts.

For dropped balls outside the penalty area, the ball is dropped for a player on whichever team last touched the ball. All other players must remain at least 4.5 yards away from the ball until play restarts.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The substitutions is a weird one, my gut feeling is that it won't be followed at all. Players walking to the benches is just so ingrained in how the game is played.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The substitutions is a weird one, my gut feeling is that it won't be followed at all. Players walking to the benches is just so ingrained in how the game is played.

Actually that is the best rule I see.
It is beyond irritating when on final minutes of play, the players walk slowly, pretend to be tired, clap at the fans, pull their socks as they stroll etc...

The quick-free kick is interesting as the balancing act might prove costly for the attacking team.

Imagine as we have a counter, a defender clatters into Laca with a dangerous two-footed tackle. Özil quickly takes the free kick to Auba, who gets one-on-one with teh keeper and then misses.

Instead of a sending off to oppo defender, due to that quick free kick, only a yellow will be given

Aevi

Hale End FC
The quick-free kick is interesting as the balancing act might prove costly for the attacking team.

Imagine as we have a counter, a defender clatters into Laca with a dangerous two-footed tackle. Özil quickly takes the free kick to Auba, who gets one-on-one with teh keeper and then misses.

Instead of a sending off to oppo defender, due to that quick free kick, only a yellow will be given
I still feel a red card should be a red card no matter what. I guess, thinking about it though, it just gives the "victim" team an extra option so it beneficial overall. I wonder if teams will genuinely consider it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
During the AFCON, it was actually strange seeing the players walk off at the nearest point. It'll take some time to get used to for the fans for sure.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom