• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
FKSoy5lDL_WczTpADbeni_zDYLijAH5hycwfGGIqARA.png

We'd have to be perfect imo. I honestly don't see United losing another game.

IF we could win our 5 remaining games I think we’d have a decent chance of finishing above Leicester, Wolves and possibly Chelsea. Hard to see us not dropping some points against Sp**s and Liverpool though.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
FKSoy5lDL_WczTpADbeni_zDYLijAH5hycwfGGIqARA.png

We'd have to be perfect imo. I honestly don't see United losing another game.
Thanks for this.

United with the easiest run. And they're in great form. Chelsea should also be able to pick up quite some points.

Hope we manage 6th or 7th. Glad to see we've found some form too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope Leicester don't finish in the top four, ****s.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hope Leicester don't finish in the top four, ****s.
My friendship groups pretty much exclusively support United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

If Leicester drop out of the top 4 then every single one of my mates are using the 'we don't play on thursdays' line. I don't think I could survive that

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Top 5 is set now. 6 to 10 are the teams in contention for Europa League. 12 points left to play for and we should be picking up at least 9 imo. At this point I'd be disappointed if we didn't get EL.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Which positions are likely to give Europa League-spots? I know some people prefer not to get there but I think it`s quite important. We need all the money we can get and it has provided very valuable playing for time for the likes of Saka, Willock, Smith Rowe and Nketiah the last couple of seasons.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I was told by someone that eighth will get Europa.
8th place might get Europa League.

If Man City's appeal is not successful, and a team from the top 5 win the FA Cup, then the Europa League second round qualifying spot will go to the team finishing eighth.

FA Cup semis are Arsenal - Man City and Man United - Chelsea, so the winner is probably going to be in the Top 5, or we win it and get into Europe.

Manberg

Predator
Is there a difference between 5th to 7th places in the tournament? I mean, does 5th enter at a later round or 7th have a qualifying round etc?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Chelsea and United looking good, but still a vast gulf between them and City / Pool, this year and next, in my eyes. ~100 point teams are a lot to chase down.

EinmalImmerEwig

Is there a difference between 5th to 7th places in the tournament? I mean, does 5th enter at a later round or 7th have a qualifying round etc?
Yup. The first two qualifiers from England go straight into the Europa League group stage, and 7th ( or 8th ) will go into the second qualifying round.
Of course there is also the possibility that Manchester United or Wolves win the Europa League, and get automatic Champions League qualification.
If Wolves win the Europa League, finish outside the Top 6, and Man City don't get banned, then only 6th place will get Europa League, as only 7 English teams are allowed to compete in UEFA Competitions.

It'll be a lot clearer when all the brown envelopes have been handed in and checked.

There is still a chance that Manchester City will not be banned, and Wolves have as good a chance as any to win the Europa League, with all matches being one-off affairs.

EinmalImmerEwig

No EL for 8th then
I have heard this too.
Allegedly their lawyers are a lot better than the opposition. In fact also allegedly the opposition has no lawyers worth the name.

Also Man City could actually be innocent, in a Court of Law.

The case that UEFA initiated, and that was prosecuted by UEFA, and judged by UEFA was that the sponsorship money came directly from the owner, rather than Etihad.

Now all they have to prove is that the money came from Etihad, and not directly from the owner.

The news will break on Monday, and I think they'll be able to prove they are innocent, according to the Law*.

*The Law is an ass on plenty of subjects, just to clarify my position.

Top Bottom