• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aevi

Hale End FC
New season, new team, do we have what it takes to break back into the top 4 this year? With our new signings, you'd hope so. We were only off of a spot by 1 point in two of the past three years, so we haven't been far off the rest of the pack.

Here are the teams this year...

4us2nCgl6kgZc0t3hpW75Q_48x48.png
uyNNelfnFvCEnsLrUL-j2Q_48x48.png
IcOt-hrK04B-RlRwI3R0yA_48x48.png
EKIe0e-ZIphOcfQAwsuEEQ_48x48.png
teLLSaMXim_8BA1d93sMng_48x48.png
fhBITrIlbQxhVB6IjxUO6Q_48x48.png
8piQOzndGmApKYTcvyN9vA_48x48.png
C3J47ea36cMBc4XPbp9aaA_48x48.png
UDYY4FSlty6fXFBzvFfcyw_48x48.png
0iShHhASp5q1SL4JhtwJiw_48x48.png
z44l-a0W1v5FmgPnemV6Xw_48x48.png
udQ6ns69PctCv143h-GeYw_48x48.png
96CcNNQ0AYDAbssP0V9LuQ_48x48.png
y-we_-8ySOubta5psWzDoA_48x48.png
wF8AgQsssfy3_GLyVR3dSg_48x48.png
y1V4sm2SEBiWUPRIYl5rfg_48x48.png
k3Q_mKE98Dnohrcea0JFgQ_48x48.png
lHr1L31i7aJS-O8tUdHOIQ_48x48.png
bXkiyIzsbDip3x2FFcUU3A_48x48.png
-WjHLbBIQO9xE2e2MW3OPQ_48x48.png

With a club-by-club guide...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49086586

stiiphunn

Established Member
It'll be very difficult to get Top 4... But we've got a good shot. Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham are probably thinking the same thing.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We should get fourth easily, if Sp**s fail to bring in Dybala we probably have the third best squad in the league. Think we're comfortably better than Chelsea and United.

Emery will get the sack if we're not in the CL next season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well enough there for top 4 . Even our new CB takes a mean free kick .

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
With the inexperience of Lampard, minus Hazard and Luiz, Chelsea are definitely going to have problems.
United's equally inexperienced OGS, lack of signings and very thin frontline makes for United to have some issues.

On the other side, with us strengthening in key areas and having Hector Holding return to their places, Top 4 is an absolute must. If we fail to reach it and also not win Europa, then Emery needs to get sacked.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I hope one of Leicester/Everton/Wolves/West Ham can even sneak into the top 6 and push Chelsea or Utd out if they struggle. They all have building blocks to make a step up and have made some decent signings. West Ham quietly looks the best of the lot imo.

Then again, Leicester have lost Maguire without reinvesting the money (yet), Wolves haven't changed much and now have more games with the EL, Everton are always making the next step and never do, and West Ham always have something go wrong. So we'll see.

Aevi

Hale End FC
4th place if all our signings do well.
You don't think we can push higher if our signings all work out? Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and Luiz firing on all cylinders give me sight of a comfortable third.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think the pressure is on emery this season. For me last year he gets a pass. I like most, found our capitulation at the end of the season awful, and his selections were certainly a factor.

However, he inherited a pretty unbalanced squad, with a huge wage bill full of dross. The squad wasn't particularly big, and was full of overplayed mediocre players. Whatever system he chose didn't work with those players, and any attempt at rotation was bound to cost him.

This year, he's got a group of players carefully selected to plug our gaps, both long term and temporary, with several clear conceivable potential setups. This is a squad that should be in the champions league.

Chelsea should struggle. We need to make them struggle when we play them. United are very uninspiring, but with the help of refereeing decisions they largely will limp up the table. I don't fear their squad at all though.

I think it will go as follows:

Man city
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
United
Chelsea
Everton
Wolves

We could take 2nd, but i think the coach is the difference between us and then. More so than the squad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You don't think we can push higher if our signings all work out? Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and Luiz firing on all cylinders give me sight of a comfortable third.
Just think City and Liverpool are still miles ahead and Sp**s have a settled team with a couple of top signings.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Definitely an upgraded squad.

4th if Mustafi and Kola don’t play much part and Xhaka stops giving the ball away, oh and Sokratis calms down a bit. Much will depend on injuries too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think we’re finishing 3rd as long as we sort out our away record.

People are forgetting we could have finished 3rd last season but didn’t because we bottled those last few games.

Top Bottom