• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
As **** as we've been, we only have 3 losses. It's still possible to salvage this season. However, team selections are still woeful so it's looking dire at the moment.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As **** as we've been, we only have 3 losses. It's still possible to salvage this season. However, team selections are still woeful so it's looking dire at the moment.

I don't think it's possible.
Too much damage was done by Emery's **** tactics, dropping all those points against weak opposition.

If we win v. Chelsea we can get closer, but then Sp*rs are already in a much better position, playing their game and motivated by Mourinho in charge. So if Chelsea fall out of Top 4 positions, we're not goign to replace them there.

Leicester are cruising and have accumulated a great deal of points, it will take a massive implosion coupled by an incredible turn of form from us to pass them come May.

As it stands and doubt there will be big changes, only 4th place will be up for grabs, but we don't have it in us to get into it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Liverpool will win the league and City will be runners up, Leicester are the best of the rest and will get 3rd...4th will unfortunately be between Chelsea and Sp**s, we are fighting for 6th...which is tragically hilarious :facepalm:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Liverpool will win the league and City will be runners up, Leicester are the best of the rest and will get 3rd...4th will unfortunately be between Chelsea and Sp**s, we are fighting for 6th...which is tragically hilarious :facepalm:
At this rate I am hoping for another LCFC miracle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At this rate I am hoping for another LCFC miracle.

I don’t really mind Liverpool winning the league, not unbeaten obviously!

They stopped Sp**s winning the Champions League, which would have killed me inside...and I like Klopp.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As Leno is our player of the season so far (we'd be staring at relegation without all his saves so far), we're in a very dire situation like United are for the past 3-4 seasons.

De Gea has been their POTY for like 3-4 seasons straight, has constantly pulled them out of the hole by having tons of massive performances.

This coupled with massive drought of goals from midfield and wingers, makes for a very difficult season ahead and I feel even Freddie will not be able to bring us back so quick.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
As Leno is our player of the season so far (we'd be staring at relegation without all his saves so far), we're in a very dire situation like United are for the past 3-4 seasons.

De Gea has been their POTY for like 3-4 seasons straight, has constantly pulled them out of the hole by having tons of massive performances.

This coupled with massive drought of goals from midfield and wingers, makes for a very difficult season ahead and I feel even Freddie will not be able to bring us back so quick.
Lucky for United they actually killed his stock a bit and got him to sign a new deal. Gone down in the last 2 seasons since initial RM interest and he is STILL their best player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still think fourth is achievable if we handle this right.

Leicester won on the weekend but Vardy looked knackered. Three games in a week coming up as well as the Christmas period, beyond their first XI they have very little depth.

They’re heavily reliant on a soon to be 33 year old massively outperforming his xG.

As for Chelsea, they look very inconsistent to me, they’ve now lost two on the bounce and their defence has been giving away goals for fun. If we can beat them over Christmas we’re right back in the mix.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I still think fourth is achievable if we handle this right.

Leicester won on the weekend but Vardy looked knackered. Three games in a week coming up as well as the Christmas period, beyond their first XI they have very little depth.

They’re heavily reliant on a soon to be 33 year old massively outperforming his xG.

As for Chelsea, they look very inconsistent to me, they’ve now lost two on the bounce and their defence has been giving away goals for fun. If we can beat them over Christmas we’re right back in the mix.
Jesus Christ!, did you hack the WhatsApp conversation my dad and I had after the Foxes victory Sunday???
Apart from the xG bit, word for word the same... Was more from a LCFC viewpoint than us getting back in the mix but still.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool lost one game last year and didnt win the league. You could draw 38 games and still get relegated. It's not a great barometer of success.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Top 4 is definitely achievable. If we get some momentum going we've got the attacking talent to win a lot of games.

zilfy

In the summer there was talk about 5th place being enough to get CL this year due to man city's CL ban.
Is that still a thing?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Still a possibility. No one really knows what is going on though. Will EUFA finally grow a backbone and hit City hard? Or will they just fine them like they usually do?

Seems more likely not much will be done and City will be allowed to enter CL.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ons-League-UEFA-prepare-admit-defeat-FFP.html
What the **** is the point of FFP then/ What the **** id the point?
So over this sport. Title is literally bought every year. Clubs blatantly cheat and get away with it. Sickening. All while we as fans pump millions into this sport.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What the **** is the point of FFP then/ What the **** id the point?
So over this sport. Title is literally bought every year. Clubs blatantly cheat and get away with it. Sickening. All while we as fans pump millions into this sport.

FFP was utterly pointless from the start. It was created supposedly to stop clubs spending more than they earned. Which to me looked like they wanted to keep the status quo, big clubs could solidify their positions as they have the largest revenues. It doesn't encourage competition.

But once they introduced it they should have enforced it. So now we are in a situation where FFP wasn't needed in the first place but when clubs break the rules it isn't enforced anyway. It is just a waste of time.....just like VAR in my opinion.

mpower2540

Think Sp**s are being overrated here. I’ve watched nearly all their games since Mou has been there and I’ve been far from blown away. He’s simplified things in terms of less intensity, moved Alli closer to Kane and relying on his attackers but that CM and defence is rubbish as far as I’m concerned. They were dreadful last night, completely bullied.

I have a feeling that Mourinho came into that team expecting a lot of those players to be better than what they are and that he wouldn’t need January funds to get them back into the top 4. Think he’s in for a nasty shock, in fact I think the penny has already dropped with Dier, a player he apparently wanted when he was at Utd, hauling him off before half time the other night. I’m almost certain it’ll be Leicester and Chelsea if they keep their strikers fit.

Top Bottom