• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We talk about top 4 and relegation at same time :lol:

giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Race for 5th is intriguing. 7 teams involved. Chelsea, Sp**s, Sheffield, Wolves, Everton, United, Arsenal. We have a good run leading up to our difficult run in and it coincides with difficult runs for most teams. With the City game rearranged we can build up momentum and we will need it as that fixture will likely be shoved in with our hardest. Wolves, Leicster, City ,Liverpool are likely to follow the fixtures below but let's focus on the next 6.

Arsenal:

Everton
West ham
Brighton
Southampton
Norwich
Wolves

Within that same period the following fixtures occur:

Chelsea vs United
Chelsea vs Sp**s
Everton vs United
Sp**s vs Wolves
Chelsea vs Everton
Man United vs City
Sp**s vs United
Everton vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs City
Man United vs Sheffield
Sheffield vs Sp**s
Everton vs Leicester
Sp**s vs Everton

Those are guaranteed dropped points as they play each other. That's not even factoring Europe and the other tough fixtures where points can easily be dropped. It would take a monumental effort but going on a winning run would make for an interesting run in with one big game after another.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think we still have to aim for top four tbh, Leicester look vulnerable even though it’s fourteen points with twelve to play.

They’ve been ropey ever since they scraped a draw against Norwich back in December.

They’ve won a couple of games but their defence looks leaky, Ndidi is injured and chance creation has been an issue. Vardy has only had four shots in 2020.

As for Sp**s they’ve outperformed xG to a ridiculous extent lately and I always believe that catches up to you sooner rather than later. It did with us and Utd last year on our winning runs and I’m sure it will with them.

Chelsea are so up and down and have a tough run in, they’ve still got games against four of the big six left to play as well as Wolves, Everton and Sheffield Utd.

I honestly believe that third place is still in play, we’ve got a nice run of games now. Arteta shouldn’t discount the league at all.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think we still have to aim for top four tbh, Leicester look vulnerable even though it’s fourteen points with twelve to play.

They’ve been ropey ever since they scraped a draw against Norwich back in December.

They’ve won a couple of games but their defence looks leaky, Ndidi is injured and chance creation has been an issue. Vardy has only had four shots in 2020.

As for Sp**s they’ve outperformed xG to a ridiculous extent lately and I always believe that catches up to you sooner rather than later. It did with us and Utd last year on our winning runs and I’m sure it will with them.

Chelsea are so up and down and have a tough run in, they’ve still got games against four of the big six left to play as well as Wolves, Everton and Sheffield Utd.

I honestly believe that third place is still in play, we’ve got a nice run of games now. Arteta shouldn’t discount the league at all.
reported

Manberg

Predator

Third place? Leicester are 16 points ahead of us. What are you smoking?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Third place? Leicester are 16 points ahead of us. What are you smoking?

My mistake on the point differential.

Form wise though it has been lost a bit how much they’ve struggled recently.

12 points from the last available 30, injuries have started to take their toll and their squad is the weakest compared to the rest.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hypothetically if we win all our remaining games (we won't) we'll definitely get top 4. No other side bar the top 3 will get 70 points this season, maybe Sp**s at a push but they don't exactly look convincing. Every side will be dropping points.

The only problem is we still have City away, Sp**s away and Liverpool at home and I'd be amazed if any of those games end with 3 points. Assuming we don't win any of them then the maximum amount of points we can get is somewhere between 61-64, again this is assuming we win every other game which is a tall ask in itself. Basically if we win all our remaining games we should get top 4, but dropping points in 2 or more kills our chances. We have to be perfect or near to do it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hypothetically if we win all our remaining games (we won't) we'll definitely get top 4. No other side bar the top 3 will get 70 points this season, maybe Sp**s at a push but they don't exactly look convincing. Every side will be dropping points.

The only problem is we still have City away, Sp**s away and Liverpool at home and I'd be amazed if any of those games end with 3 points. Assuming we don't win any of them then the maximum amount of points we can get is somewhere between 61-64, again this is assuming we win every other game which is a tall ask in itself. Basically if we win all our remaining games we should get top 4, but dropping points in 2 or more kills our chances. We have to be perfect or near to do it.

Liverpool could be the one tbf, we play them in between the CL semi final 1st and 2nd legs.

Seen as the title will be already won by then I could see Klopp resting the front if they’re still in the CL.

We should still be in the Europa of course but if there’s a chance of getting top four when we play them that has to be the priority.

Sp**s and Chelsea have a pretty atrocious run in compared to ours as well which helps of course.

GoonerJay24

This whole situation with Manchester City has been a long time coming, honestly no team should have that much money invested into them.

Better to go the Sp**s and Arsenal route by gradually building your club up

GoonerJay24

One game at a time but if the team get their act together they should finish top four; I just don't see sufficient quality that matches ours in the other teams.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No Son and Kane now for Sp**s... with that fixture list they’re surely going to drop points.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This whole situation with Manchester City has been a long time coming, honestly no team should have that much money invested into them.

Better to go the Sp**s and Arsenal route by gradually building your club up
And they have enough money to pay their way out of trouble so don't celebrate just yet.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
We can most definitely end up less **** than those two. I'll be genuinely disappointed as if we failed as favourites, if we don't finish 4th. We're 25/1 ffs. That's an insult.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom