• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoonerJay24

Even if we somehow beat Wolves and Southampton away (I can’t see both happening), and lose to Pool, City and Sp**s, and win all other games... that’s only 59 points for us (bear in mind Leicester are on 50 points with 11 games to play). I doubt 59 points is enough for top 4. Especially not enough to beat Leicester for third. The form you’re asking us to go on to get there between now and the end of the season is title winning form and our squad’s not capable of that. We can even have draws in games we’re expecting to win. Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment, top 4 won’t happen.

I think fourth and certainly fifth is possible but not third

TornadoTed

Established Member
Clawing back 7 points on Chelsea isn't beyond the realms of possibility but we also have to claw back the points advantage United, Sp**s, Sheff Utd and Wolves and leapfrog them too which is another story.

Sp**s I'm not so worried about with Kane and Son missing and Mourinho in charge. I could see Chelsea running out of steam, also Wolves if they do well in Europa as they have a small squad. Sheff Utd could go the distance as they only have the league to concentrate on, we've seen the huge advantage that gave Leicester and Chelsea in the past few years. United are my biggest concern, they seem to be hitting a bit of form.

All this considered I think we need almost perfection in our last 11 games, probably can afford to drop points in 2-3 games at most.

5th on the other hand is much more plausible. So much depends on City and their ban appeal.

Brett

Yup don't do this to yourself guys. Yes we have improved but be ready for no champions league next year; and a turbulent summer with Auba saga. We need to back Arteta big time this summer. As far as this season goes just enjoy it as it comes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Harsh to blame Freddie...he was just here for so long, because baldy wouldn't let Arteta leave until after we played City.
I'm not blaming him, but ultimately he was useless.:lol:

Some of his decisions were hilariously bad as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Know how this will end already. Go on a run and lead by one or two points after 37 games.

Then Deeney scores a 90th minute winner at home against us final day and we drop out.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This has been the worst season I think I’ve witnessed in my lifetime? Or that I can fully comprehend anyways.

Beyond gutted.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If only we can know for certain whether or not 5th will give CL.

For certain it won't. We won't finish 5th anyway.

Well be playing one game a week for the rest of this and next season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This has been the worst season I think I’ve witnessed in my lifetime? Or that I can fully comprehend anyways.

Beyond gutted.

Longest season ever so far, that Watford collapse seems like years ago.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For the fixtures that remaing i can see us finish 7th or 6th cant see us beating Leicester Man city Sp**s and Liverpool. meaning europa league at best.

Ashybashy86

This season has the potential to be the worst in recent history if Liverpool go unbeaten. And I don't think we will play in Europe at all next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Missing out totally on Europe will let us play one game a week next season which isn’t a bad platform for a new manager.

Probably impacts the level of player we can attract though.

Club is in a great decline, I did predict it though, a return to 6-8 after Wenger.

Pepes blue pill

Whatever happens I'm not too fussed, if we make the European spots great but if not we only play twice a week next season n would need to take advantage of that

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Better off with a season out of that Europa league. We dont have the balls nor talent to win the competition and it's just a distraction. Better of with one game a week and kick on from there.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hopefully CAS does not act like useless ***** and let City stall on the European ban, actually think we have a chance on fifth! No more messing aroung though, boys. Looking at you, Mesut. Looking at you, Bellerin.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom