• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The annoying thing is Leicester were looking really leggy and they’d struggled to get any results in recent weeks.

Now they’re rested you wonder if they’ll be totally reinvigorated. Should sew up top 4 no problem.
Both teams in the CL spots got helped by this break. Leicester and Chelsea were wobbling big time but now its a fresh start in a sense. Sp**s have also been fortunate as they had a massive injury list for once in their life.

Form wise we have been quite negatively affected.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Both teams in the CL spots got helped by this break. Leicester and Chelsea were wobbling big time but now its a fresh start in a sense. Sp**s have also been fortunate as they had a massive injury list for once in their life.

Form wise we have been quite negatively affected.

Im hopeful Arteta will have been able to get a few more training sessions in with the lads to get his ideas across but yeah it’s not really ideal.

Sp**s probably have Son back by now as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Us beating City is essential here especially with Sp**s and Uniter playing on the Friday. We then play Brighton and it's a great chance for us to move ahead of them both, potentially.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Interesting to see that Sheffield Utd couldn’t win yesterday. I think both them and Wolves should be targets for us to overtake with their fixtures.

Think we can get to sixth but probably need to beat both Brighton and Southampton.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Interesting to see that Sheffield Utd couldn’t win yesterday. I think both them and Wolves should be targets for us to overtake with their fixtures.

Think we can get to sixth but probably need to beat both Brighton and Southampton.

And what good is 6th? Another year in that Thursday night crap we cant win. Another year of Thursday-Sunday matches.

We are going to have to get rid of a number of players to free up money so our squad wont be able to cope on all fronts.

If we cant finish 4th (man city may overturn their ban) may aswell finish 9th.

No player is signing for us because we have Europa League football and no player is staying with us because of it.

It has no significance unless we win it which we have shown in the last 3 years it's a level above us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

And what good is 6th? Another year in that Thursday night crap we cant win. Another year of Thursday-Sunday matches.

We are going to have to get rid of a number of players to free up money so our squad wont be able to cope on all fronts.

If we cant finish 4th (man city may overturn their ban) may aswell finish 9th.

No player is signing for us because we have Europa League football and no player is staying with us because of it.

It has no significance unless we win it which we have shown in the last 3 years it's a level above us.

If you look at our rivals for top four next year I’d be pretty confident that no matter what happens this summer that City and Liverpool will finish above us.

Utd have a squad that’s really coming together and if they keep Pogba and maybe add Sancho I feel they’d easily finish above us.

Then Chelsea have added Werner and Ziyech already and will maybe get Havertz on top. Already it looks unlikely we’ll get CL football in 2021/22 through the league.

Our best bet is through the Europa League and the money we get from it is vital, the club needs European football in some form.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If you look at our rivals for top four next year I’d be pretty confident that no matter what happens this summer that City and Liverpool will finish above us.

Utd have a squad that’s really coming together and if they keep Pogba and maybe add Sancho I feel they’d easily finish above us.

Then Chelsea have added Werner and Ziyech already and will maybe get Havertz on top. Already it looks unlikely we’ll get CL football in 2021/22 through the league.

Our best bet is through the Europa League and the money we get from it is vital, the club needs European football in some form.

How much did we earn from Europa Legaue this year?

It is not a profitable competition and we have shown we dont have the ability to win it. When the champions league teams drop down we have no chance.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How much did we earn from Europa Legaue this year?

It is not a profitable competition and we have shown we dont have the ability to win it. When the champions league teams drop down we have no chance.
I think it's definitely a profitable operation.

Found these figures: €2.75m for qualification, €1m to win the group, €600.000 per win, €200.000 per draw, €4.5m for losing the final (€2.4m for the semi's, €1.5m for the quarter's). That's excluding matchday revenue (don't know how that's organised by UEFA) and TV (€168m divided by the teams, based on market power of the club, so presumably large sum for Arsenal). Definitely not a windfall compared to the Champions League, but much better than nothing.

It's obviously a second tier tournament, but there is still some stature and exposure from participating in it. Surely, players prefer to play a European tournament than no tournament.

I'm with @Rex Banter on this one. I'm afraid domestically our competitors are running away from us (at least short term), so we have to try through Europe. It's better than not being a factor at all.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think it's definitely a profitable operation.

Found these figures: €2.75m for qualification, €1m to win the group, €600.000 per win, €200.000 per draw, €4.5m for losing the final (€2.4m for the semi's, €1.5m for the quarter's). That's excluding matchday revenue (don't know how that's organised by UEFA) and TV (€168m divided by the teams, based on market power of the club, so presumably large sum for Arsenal). Definitely not a windfall compared to the Champions League, but much better than nothing.

It's obviously a second tier tournament, but there is still some stature and exposure from participating in it. Surely, players prefer to play a European tournament than no tournament.

I'm with @Rex Banter on this one. I'm afraid domestically our competitors are running away from us (at least short term), so we have to try through Europe. It's better than not being a factor at all.

We’re a club that makes a larger proportion than most through match day income so the more games you have the more valuable it is for us.

Also the tv money like you say is important. With no EL I’d say the chances of us getting CL next season are slim to none.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In 2018 we got to the semi-finals.
In 2019 we got to the final.
2020 was a **** up, and although I would have had us an outside bet this season, with a bit of luck who knows...it's not like the Champions League, were we have had no chance in the 2010s due to the difference in quality between us and our opponents, we have a chance to win the Europa.

Plus as others have mentioned, money is crucial and a possible return to Champions League.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My idea is.

Have no Europe next year. What does that mean?

It means a few things.

- We need less players and hence less wages/contract extensions with agents etc. Therefore savings money.

- Similar to above we cut the squad of players that do not have a future at Arsenal. Mustafi, Sokratis, Miki etc without worrying about having squad depth.

- More time for Arteta to coach those players he believes are assets to Arsenal and can improve. He has 1 full week to drill his team and focus on objectives.

- Less injuries. We seem to be made of chocolate and pick up injuries like no other team. Even though the same players dont always play every game theres plenty of times our players play twice a week.

- Most of all the players have one objective which doesnt become compromised by other things. We focus on top 4. Not fa cup not anything else. One goal one direction.

Now nothing insures this will work. But if by making Europe means we keep the same players making mistakes because we need numbers and if it means players are playing 2 games a week and travelling and getting tired therefore making more mistakes I'm all for missing out.

Now if we can spend 100+m this summer while offloading the rubbish I'm all for it. But if this summer is going to be limited and we therefore are forced to keep the dirt and have another year trying to coach players who dont have the ability no.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
United looked a lot better than Sp**s.

United have a better team. More quality all over the park. And the worrying thing is they have the money to exploit this situation.

Sp**s on the other hand will be back down to 6th/7th/8th from now on. Worse if/when Kane leaves.

Top Bottom