• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zilfy

So Bergewein brilliant in Tottenham's first goal.

Fernandes with United's goal.

Well at least we got Cedric Soares, right? It's not like we needed a new midfielder or anything

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leicester being held at Watford at half time.

If Rodger's boys drop points today, you thinking what I am thinking @Rex Banter

Goonger

Has anyone looked at how likely we are to finish in Europa League places? I had just assumed after Brighton we would be way off, but given how the competitions are going perhaps not.

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong about any of the below.

In a normal season, top 4 qualify for Champions League.

5th place, League Cup & FA Cup Europa League.

Now, Man City have won League Cup but will finish top 4, so down to 6th place for Europa League.

The other FA Cup semi finalists are very likely to finish in the top 4, so down to 7th place for Europa League.

We are currently 2 points behind Sp**s in 7th, so easily catchable.

However, I've not even yet taken into account a possible European ban for Man City, or the fact they are still in Champions League & Wolves & Man Utd are among the favourites for the Europa League. I'm not quite sure of the different permutations there but it could be that 8th or 9th even qualify.

Now I know many would be happy to sack it off, but it does give us some revenue stream, and Arteta has indicated in terms of strengthening for next year we have 3 different scenarios depending on where we finish. Also,it gives a chance to give game time to young / fringe players.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Has anyone looked at how likely we are to finish in Europa League places? I had just assumed after Brighton we would be way off, but given how the competitions are going perhaps not.

Now, Man City have won League Cup but will finish top 4, so down to 6th place for Europa League.

The other FA Cup semi finalists are very likely to finish in the top 4, so down to 7th place for Europa League.

However, I've not even yet taken into account a possible European ban for Man City, or the fact they are still in Champions League & Wolves & Man Utd are among the favourites for the Europa League. I'm not quite sure of the different permutations there but it could be that 8th or 9th even qualify.

Now I know many would be happy to him it off, but it does give us some revenue stream, and Arteta has indicated in terms of strengthening for next year we have 3 different scenarios depending on where we finish. Also,it gives a chance to give game time to young / fringe players.

Not sure how it works with all these teams still in the Cups and European games, but Im confident well get Europa. Even CL would have been a possibility had we not ****ed up against Brighton (given the possible City ban)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Now I know many would be happy to him it off, but it does give us some revenue stream, and Arteta has indicated in terms of strengthening for next year we have 3 different scenarios depending on where we finish. Also,it gives a chance to give game time to young / fringe players.

At this point I think Man City get a 1 year ban so 8th will get a Europa spot (although that means we will have to qualify if we finish there).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I look at Leicester right now and I don’t think they’ve got enough in the tank to beat some of the trickier sides like Everton or Palace, let alone the bigger games where Brendan usually gets out coached.

If we pip it, it’d be a final day of the season job but if Leicester don’t bank some points in the next couple of weeks, they’re in trouble for me.
Good call here, all the way back in February. Really frustrating looking at the table knowing there's two slots probably available for the top 4 yet the team has dropped so many stupid points. Didn't realise Leicester had fallen off so badly, should've taken advantage...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we can be in touching distance of Sp**s by the time that game comes round on the 12th.

The run after tonight is pretty crazy though. Wolves, Leicester, Liverpool & Sp**s in 10 days. :eek:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good call here, all the way back in February. Really frustrating looking at the table knowing there's two slots probably available for the top 4 yet the team has dropped so many stupid points. Didn't realise Leicester had fallen off so badly, should've taken advantage...

You could see in the games right after the Liverpool battering they were done. Looked dreadful since.

Early on both Vardy and more importantly Maddison were massively outperforming their xG stats.

He had something like double his xA at one point and as soon as that eventually levelled out they struggled to score.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think people are being way too optimistic re. European qualification.

Most of the top number-crunchers rank our odds of CL qualification at under 1%.

See e.g.
EbxRYrtU4AMR-bq

Or: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

In fact, even Europa looks unlikely.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think we will finish 6th or 7th, no chance of CL after the Brighton defeat. We should probably be thankful to come out of this season with Europa League football anyway.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Literally came in here to say forget about it. We need too much going our way and for us to be perfect.

Top Bottom