• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I'm 100% certain Arsène would've finished top four this season if he was still here. No way he wouldn't have beaten the likes of burnley and Aston Villa.
Agreed.

Dumping your girlfriend may be the right choice in a vacuum, but it isn't if you go turn around and propose to a cave troll.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
  • Basing off the fact that we haven't got top 4 without him.
  • Basing off the fact that we only finished below Sp**s once in two decades under him.
  • AMN, Reiss, Nketiah, ESR, Saka all emerged under Wenger and Ljungberg. It's unfair to say that Emery or Arteta are turning them into anything.
  • Basing on the fact that Wenger got 3rd in his first half season and got 1st in his first full season.
This is Arteta's best sequence of results, I think 5 unbeaten. I hope it goes on but if we can't keep this up we're going to have to win Europa to get anything out of this season.

Don't badmouth Wenger just to defend Arteta.

I'm not badmouthing wenger but to say he would get top 4 with this current squad is blasphemy.

novar

The important thing is that we no longer play the second worst football in the league, now we play better than Sheffield, West Brom, Fulham and Newcastle, that should be 12 points and with a random draw we reach the 40 point barrier

GoonerJay24

No but he would've lost away at United and every other big/semi big ground which negates beating the crap teams.

You're basing this off absolutely nothing. Thinking Arsène could turn Pepe into a world beater when in his final 10 years he didn't turn anyone into world beaters.

Wenger developed some brilliant players in his final years.

Iceman10

Established Member
As fans a lot of us mess up in that we get caught up in the hype of transfer windows saying they have gone 7/10 or better when later we find out that was not the case. We aren’t scouts and we aren’t professionals in the football business, but there are some lessons for us to learn also, particularly in doing whatever we can to signal resistance against Willian type signings going forwards I think, as well as seeing the lack of translation for Pepe from Ligue 1 to PL.

(edit: this is in response after looking at the OP for this threaf)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not badmouthing wenger but to say he would get top 4 with this current squad is blasphemy.
I voted that we would end up below top-4 anyway. Utd are top of the league with probably one of their worst managers. Sp**s are 6th with a worse squad. Leicester, $ity and Liverpool are probably the best teams in the league, and then it is quite open.

If Arteta put his ego and naiveté to one side, we would have given a good go at top 4. He was almost sacked before he changed his ideas.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I voted that we would end up below top-4 anyway. Utd are top of the league with probably one of their worst managers. Sp**s are 6th with a worse squad. Leicester, $ity and Liverpool are probably the best teams in the league, and then it is quite open.

If Arteta put his ego and naiveté to one side, we would have given a good go at top 4. He was almost sacked before he changed his ideas.

He didn't change his ideas, players came back that suited his ideas better. Hence why we are performing better with those players on the pitch and playing the same with the crap players on the pitch.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He didn't change his ideas, players came back that suited his ideas better. Hence why we are performing better with those players on the pitch and playing the same with the crap players on the pitch.
In the last game? which crap players? Cedric, Willian, Martinelli are all Tet's players.

Nketiah is a youth player, and only Pepe would satisfy your 'crap player' definition. And he was probably our best player that day.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
w9zkevwkvid61.jpg

Elneny not coming away great here. (Granit and Ceballos otoh much better than they are usually portrayed by our fanbase as.)

Partey is in a league of his own. Small sample size, but imo just accentuates that we possibly have the best midfielder in the prem.

Y Coordinate is the percentage of all their passes that went progressive. X Coordinate is the percentage of completed passes.

novar

4+ 90's :lol: not even adding up for me, he has 2 full matches (United and Leicester, both very poor performances from us), 2 halves (Sp**s and Villa) and 65 mins in Newcastle iirc

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Just keep winning and taking it one game at a time and who knows where the chips will fall and where we will finish. Right now, I feel very confident but things can change very quickly as we have seen so I am not going to jump the gun. Just going to take it one game at a time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Next stop United. Who i'm always fairly confident against at home. Plus they'll be absolutely shot to bits after their schedule. They looked very tired tonight.

Auba is well rested, Tierney rested IF he's fit, hopefully he is. Ødegaard in the squad, Gabriel rested...

Win against them and we are 7 points behind united.

Top 4 is well and truly on if we win.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Next stop United. Who i'm always fairly confident against at home. Plus they'll be absolutely shot to bits after their schedule. They looked very tired tonight.

Auba is well rested, Tierney rested IF he's fit, hopefully he is. Ødegaard in the squad, Gabriel rested...

Win against them and we are 7 points behind united.

Top 4 is well and truly on if we win.
Yeah, Im always confident against them also.
Weirdly though, got a feeling that result last night could have the opposite effect.

Top Bottom