• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Melquiades

His hand was not over his head and the ball went to hand his hand didn’t move and he was too close to do anything about it. At least try to be a bit objective man. Just as the Fulham goal should have been allowed. The refs have been inconsistent because Lemina should not have been penalized for that either.

There has been some poor refereeing this season and over the last 5 years.

The point is that there is zero consistency. The Kante one was probably a minor break for us since we're more likely to catch a plummeting Liverpool at this point.

As you say, the Fulham goal should have been allowed.

But there is no argument that the Kante handball is less fragrant than the Fulham one.

And we recently had ESR concede a penalty for a ball drilled at him harder than the Kante one from in close that *also* went off his body first.

There is no standard for handballs. Nobody seems to know what the hell they're doing. On any given play, it's a coin flip for what they call.

Iceman10

Established Member
Good night for us again with teams above dropping points.

I think if United lose to City and we win our next two league matches, it's on.

What’s “on” based on the Manchester derby result? Don’t think it makes any difference for us really as far as any teams within reach are concerned.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There is no standard for handballs. Nobody seems to know what the hell they're doing. On any given play, it's a coin flip for what they call.
Agree, I cannot for the life of me even come close to guessing what is deemed a handball and what not. It is as you say a 50/50 proposition.

blrgooner

Established Member
Worst break today was that Sp**s should have drawn but an obvious Fulham goal was somehow denied for a handball where the hand was at the player's side and the ball lashed in from only a few feet away.

Meanwhile Chelsea weren't penalized when a ball hit Konte's hand when it was waving over his head. The consistency of VAR decisions is absolutely shocking.
I am not one to complain about corruption etc but there is definitely something wrong here.
The Fulham goal which was denied was absolutely ridiculous. I can`t imagine why that would be a handball. VAR disallowing that goal which means that there was a "clear and obvious error" from referee was just incredible.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's like the run in last season all over again, even if we're perfect from now till the end it'll still not guarantee us anything. A lot has to go our way, it's too little too late. Chelsea are in good form, Sp**s are getting back to winning ways, Leicester still there. Then Everton cannot be discounted, Liverpool might recover, West Ham going strong. It'd take an absolute miracle.

GoonerJay24

What’s “on” based on the Manchester derby result? Don’t think it makes any difference for us really as far as any teams within reach are concerned.
Top four position certainly given how inconsistent every side below City have been. Do I expect us to get there though? Probably not with this manager

say yes

forum master baiter
It's like the run in last season all over again, even if we're perfect from now till the end it'll still not guarantee us anything. A lot has to go our way, it's too little too late. Chelsea are in good form, Sp**s are getting back to winning ways, Leicester still there. Then Everton cannot be discounted, Liverpool might recover, West Ham going strong. It'd take an absolute miracle.
We’d have to win at least 9 of our remaining 12 games to have a chance of top 4 tbh. That’s a 75% win rate. By comparison, City are running away with the title at 74%. So there’s obviously very little chance of that happening.

I expect us to finish the season strongly but there’s not much space for us to climb up the table given the number of good teams ahead of us, unless we’re truly exceptional.

Villa, Everton and West Ham are all having their best season this millennium. Leicester have also been great. And then you have the rest of the big 6 who are in all a better position than us.

If we do have a strong end to the season, it will probably be reflected more in our points tally than league position.

Iceman10

Established Member
Pretty ridiculous that we are now five points behind Liverpool with a game in hand. Not something to be proud of though, we are now more or less at parity with clubs above us in the table in terms of matches played but around eight points off the pace for Top 6.

AW49

Hard to look at the table without adding 5 points to our tally from Wolves and Burnley where we were robbed blind from VAR. Would really put us within touching distance of 4th/5th/6th. Anyway, you can’t be 14 points from 14 games and expect to recover. No margin for error from that position.

Goonger

Hard to look at the table without adding 5 points to our tally from Wolves and Burnley where we were robbed blind from VAR. Would really put us within touching distance of 4th/5th/6th. Anyway, you can’t be 14 points from 14 games and expect to recover. No margin for error from that position.

True. Also, how many goals have we literally chucked ourselves...like Xhaka levels of chucking? Anyone know a rough count?

Kav

Established Member
Other teams can make the same argument. There is no justification for our present position other than the admission that we have underperformed and someone should be responsible for the status qou.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I don't care about top 4 or 6 anymore. Just win europa somehow for the cl and show we belong there

But badly want St. Totteringham's day back. Just do that alone. Only 4 points away.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
10 games left with 3-4 you would class as tricky. I'll optimistically say we'll do ok and finish with between 59-62 points. No idea where that'll leave us in the table though.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think we will overtake Villa and Everton, their lack of squad depth is starting to effect them. If we beat West Ham next week I think we could overtake them too, hopefully Sp**s too.

6th would be a very respectable finish when you consider the disaster run we had.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have to finish at least 3rd and win the Europa and Shield, in order to have our best ever season at The Emirates...shame Chris doesn't see that happening :(

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have to finish at least 3rd and win the Europa and Shield, in order to have our best ever season at The Emirates...shame Chris doesn't see that happening :(

He’s got us winning every single game until the end of the season dw.

That’s definitely happening.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think Chelsea finish 2nd or 2rd

Latest posts+

Top Bottom