• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I'm reading a few threads here and wow. We really have our tails up now. Everyone is positive and we're back to thinking that we'll swat away the small sides again.

Its like supporting Arsenal during the 2009-2014 days. We're great, every one of our players is great until we lose a game.

I'm keeping my feet firmly planted. We're on an upward trajectory but this is basically the same lot that took us to the giddy heights of 8th and 5th. Hopefully, Arteta can get a tune out of them to get us back into the top 4.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This squad now believes they can beat anyone. That is key.

I'm not saying anything until we've gone to Liverpool away in the third game and seen what else we do in the window.

I do think regardless of that we will shock the league this season. Always one team that does who gets predicted to be lower than they come.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we'll get top 4. We've got enough in defence and attack and midfield is good enough especially if we get one of the two linked in

We're compact and organised when we need to be and we have Auba. Willian looks a great addition, Pepe will improve, Saka will improve.

Our form is top 4 under Arteta

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Very early days but there has been a sea-change in the last few months. We look good enough to be at least 5th at the moment but let's see where we are at the end of November before getting too excited.

GoonerJay24

This squad has been the third best in the league these last three seasons so we should be aiming for 3rd, minimum 4th and another FA cup

Last edited:

amigo

It's really hard to predict. Two of last years top four were way ahead of us and the other two are strenghening considerably. I do believe we are a very different team under Arteta, much more compact and difficult to beat. We have demonstrated that we can go toe to toe with the big boys under him and so we should win a few more six pointers to make us more competitive. Away games in empty stadia are less daunting. So I am hopeful - I'd even say we can nick a cheeky third - if things click and with the right final squad additions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know things can change but United haven't improved their starting 11 yet and they needed 3 or 4 to really start pushing up there.

Chelsea's defence is still a shambles and their attack will take time to gel.

Liverpool won't be as good this season, I think the mentality of the defence in particular is starting to go on a downward trajectory. Their squad depth is also poor and they've been lucky with injuries over the past two years.

Sp**s have Mourinho, so they're instantly terrible and they've bought poorly as well. Hojbjerg looks a horrendous signing.

Everton could actually be a problem.

We have such a fantastic opportunity this year if we are consistent.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just watching MOTD and Liverpool could finish anywhere from 1st-6th if they play like that every week :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As much hope as I have in a one off match now I still think this squad isn't good enough for top 4.

Atm I think we'll finish 6th, add one or two more midfielders and then I'll start thinking about top 4.

GoonerJay24

As much hope as I have in a one off match now I still think this squad isn't good enough for top 4.

Atm I think we'll finish 6th, add one or two more midfielders and then I'll start thinking about top 4.

This is the third best squad in the country and had been for three seasons, with everything settled behind the scenes we should be aiming for 4th minimally

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As first thought Chelsea will take a while to gel plus their defence will not improve. Lampard is essentially a glorified Eddie Howe. Bloke has no tactics at all.

The only worry with Chelsea is they have a lot of fire power which could turn the tide for them.

Obviously we are yet to see City and United but so far Arsenal are the only side with a convincing win other than Everton. Arteta looks streets ahead of everyone tactically.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
As first thought Chelsea will take a while to gel plus their defence will not improve. Lampard is essentially a glorified Eddie Howe. Bloke has no tactics at all.

The only worry with Chelsea is they have a lot of fire power which could turn the tide for them.

Obviously we are yet to see City and United but so far Arsenal are the only side with a convincing win other than Everton. Arteta looks streets ahead of everyone tactically.

Harsh on Howe. He is good except for transfers.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
The mighty Arsenal on top of the table after GW1

(albeit only on alphabetical order)

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Realistically Liverpool and City were / are too far ahead and Chelsea probably bought too well for us to have title fight aspirations

Think we’re more viable contenders for the 4th slot than we were at this point last year (when I, being a big dummy, put “4th” in last year’s iteration of the poll), but Leicester will be healthy again, United could buy Sancho + a few more players and vault into the upper echelon, Wolves will be dangerous, and Mou / Sp**s probably still have the ability to turn on the spigot and go on a run. It’ll be a battle.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom