• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is looking like one of those seasons where a dark horse could win with a points total in the 80’s.

If that Coutinho loan or Aouar had happened who knows...

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
Well to be honest i have the feeling that we can get top 4 but i have a disgusting feeling that Sp**s can go all the way to the title if tgey dont have serious injuries. Son and kane is probably the best duo in the league atm and if bale hits 80% of his old self they have the best attacking trio in the league... And with mooura bergwain and lamela their attacking depth is immense. Their problem is a creative attacking midfielder and a good defender alongside alderwairel. I dont think that the league would go higher thann 88 points this season and i fear the worst scenario...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hypothetical question. Would you be happy if we achieve top 4 but Sp**s win the league?:facepalm:

Moe-Oh-Dear-God-Barts-Comet.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Liverpool will win the league again. Too much fire power, too much about them. Van Dijk will be a miss and they mightn't even break 90 this season but I believe they'll win it again.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Liverpool will win the league again. Too much fire power, too much about them. Van Dijk will be a miss and they mightn't even break 90 this season but I believe they'll win it again.
Yeah still can't look past them, though I did wonder if no crowds would play a role given that Anfield was a fortress.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Given how all the other teams look at the moment, I think we could potentially get as high as 3rd, with our boring but largely stable football.

Makavelii

Well to be honest i have the feeling that we can get top 4 but i have a disgusting feeling that Sp**s can go all the way to the title if tgey dont have serious injuries. Son and kane is probably the best duo in the league atm and if bale hits 80% of his old self they have the best attacking trio in the league... And with mooura bergwain and lamela their attacking depth is immense. Their problem is a creative attacking midfielder and a good defender alongside alderwairel. I dont think that the league would go higher thann 88 points this season and i fear the worst scenario...
I’ve been having nightmares about this too.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sp**s? I thought that West Ham result (the team we beat) would have put that title talk to bed.

Their defence isn’t good enough. Whilst Lloris is still great, he is also on the decline. Arsenal fans coveting other players as usual.

If we manage maximum points against Leicester and Man U we’d have to be taken more seriously in my opinion. We still have a few gears to go whilst Son and Kane are massively over performing (they won’t keep this up).

amigo

Sp**s? I thought that West Ham result (the team we beat) would have put that title talk to bed.

Their defence isn’t good enough. Whilst Lloris is still great, he is also on the decline. Arsenal fans coveting other players as usual.

If we manage maximum points against Leicester and Man U we’d have to be taken more seriously in my opinion. We still have a few gears to go whilst Son and Kane are massively over performing (they won’t keep this up).
If we beat Leicester and Man United I'd firmly say we are getting top 4.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm scared that Sp**s will pull away from us, but they're a squad of bottle jobs - they aren't winning any titles until they bring in some winners. Jose and Bale is not enough. Lloris and Sissokho have bottled enough to wipe out their world cup!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we are with a shot by Jan then should try to get szoboslai

Why would he even change anything? Rapid Viena were so poor. They are the team that finished second in the Austrian league. Imagine all the other teams below them. That is the level of opposition he is playing against week in week out. Apparently he will come to England and push us to top four. Aouar, the one man creative force is pushing Lyon to 10th place.

Personally I don't think we lack players who are capable of creating. Our lack of creativity stems from a lack of movement and a lack of intent. The lack of intent comes from the messaging of the coaching staff which has been negative in order to fix our defence. Striking the balance will be difficult especially when you look at our fixture list.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why would he even change anything? Rapid Viena were so poor. They are the team that finished second in the Austrian league. Imagine all the other teams below them. That is the level of opposition he is playing against week in week out. Apparently he will come to England and push us to top four. Aouar, the one man creative force is pushing Lyon to 10th place.

Personally I don't think we lack players who are capable of creating. Our lack of creativity stems from a lack of movement and a lack of intent. The lack of intent comes from the messaging of the coaching staff which has been negative in order to fix our defence. Striking the balance will be difficult especially when you look at our fixture list.

He would score bangers from 30 yards though, and isn't that more or less the whole point of football?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He would score bangers from 30 yards though, and isn't that more or less the whole point of football?

We can't even get Auba in a position to shoot from the edge of the box, yet he will come in and score from 30 yards vs the caliber of keepers in England. Okay.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We can't even get Auba in a position to shoot from the edge of the box, yet he will come in and score from 30 yards vs the caliber of keepers in England. Okay.

Firstly I mean the whole 'it's only Salzburg' thing doesn't stand up so much when the likes of Haaland, Keita and Upamecano have come out of there.

Secondly I've not watched a whole match of his so i've no idea what his general play is like, but it's pretty obvious he's an elite striker of the ball. Like he could be up there with TAA in terms of his delivery. We've got Pepe taking weak tea corners and David Luiz taking hopeless free-kicks. I'd say it's pretty useful to have someone who can consistently take good deliveries.

And i'd say he's a better striker of the ball than Auba. Like Auba has a good long shot on him occasionally, but it's not his superpower. Szoboszlai's superpower is his striking of the ball, i'm pretty sure he'd have the better of most of the keepers in the PL.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a long-term target, and if you can get him for half of what Aouar costs then why not. Which other attacking mids are out there anyway?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Having a feeling that there will be a surprise team in top 4. One trend I have noticed is that the number of goals scored has increased ever since PL restart. Number of cleansheets has reduced. I attribute this to playing without crowd pressure. This works in favour of forwards.

One crucial aspect of being a forward is to make the right call at the right moment, be it making a pass or shooting, which area of net to target etc. There are many forwards who would do it normally but fail to do under crowd pressure. Right now, it's just like playing in the nets. We could well see many forwards who were undervalued earlier, play very well without the crowd.

Top Bottom