• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The team, manager and fans are in a good mood now, and we have some 'easy' fixtures coming up as well vs Newcastle in the FA cup, Palace and Newcastle again, all at home.

But looking beyond that, starting at the 26st of January, we face Southampton (a), United (h), Wolves (a), Villa (a) before we get Leeds at home and play again in the EL. Going to be a defining period that.

Season defining period I'd say.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mental weve only won 2 less games than Liverpool. Remember the other season when Liverpool finished 2nd and only lost 1 game? I've a feeling this season could be similar in that drawing games isn't gonna be helpful. Weirdly it might be better to lose than draw and better to win than draw.

rockofcashel

The next five games will define the season..

3 home games which are all winnable.. but perhaps a draw v United mightn't be the worst result

2 away games that Arsenal should be targetting a win and a draw.. I think Wolves are starting to struggle now.. Southampton always seem to be a bogey..

So targetting a minimum 11 points from 15 if Arsenal want to make anything of the season

Do that, and I think they could even be in the shake up for a CL spot

9-10 points.. battling for a EL spot

Less than 9.. mid table mediocrity

15 from 15... dark horse title challenge

There's a lot of points to be dropped by everyone yet... including Arsenal

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Only on AM can people get giddy over 3 consecutive wins and forget that disaster is always a moment from striking at this club. The title? Top 4?

Several factors stand against us in our aspirations to achieve either:

1. An inept manager being carried by the youth players he has derided as not being ready a fortnight ago.
2. A bloated squad filled to the brim with absolute garbage on overly inflated wages.
3. Clubs with squads superior to ours in every conceivable position.

We're enjoying a good run of form but we've no inkling if this is yet one of the many false dawns we've had over the years.

Fortunately, reality will makes its triumphant return when the accursed Europa League resumes later next month :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Only on AM can people get giddy over 3 consecutive wins and forget that disaster is always a moment from striking at this club. The title? Top 4?

Several factors stand against us in our aspirations to achieve either:

1. An inept manager being carried by the youth players he has derided as not being ready a fortnight ago.
2. A bloated squad filled to the brim with absolute garbage on overly inflated wages.
3. Clubs with squads superior to ours in every conceivable position.

We're enjoying a good run of form but we've no inkling if this is yet one of the many false dawns we've had over the years.

Fortunately, reality will makes its triumphant return when the accursed Europa League resumes later next month :lol:

People aren't getting giddy over 3 wins, they're happy because we're playing good football and look like we have a system going forward. That "inept" manager sorted out a crap defence that has been rubbish on and off for over 8 years. A lot of work went into that, to just switch and say right lets attack, it just doesn't work like that.

I firmly believe Arteta can get top 4 this season.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

People aren't getting giddy over 3 wins, they're happy because we're playing good football and look like we have a system going forward. That "inept" manager sorted out a crap defence that has been rubbish on and off for over 8 years. A lot of work went into that, to just switch and say right lets attack, it just doesn't work like that.

I firmly believe Arteta can get top 4 this season.

And I believe he is ill-equipped to lead Arsenal in any capacity. There are several managers currently ahead of him in the table I would gladly have at the helm in his stead.

The FA Cup win has pulled the wool over the eyes of a lot of supporters. Aside from triumphing at Wembley, we've been one of the worst-performing teams in the Premier League in 2020. We have a long way to go to rectify the mismanagement of those no longer at the club. But I'm certain whatever successes we achieve in the coming years, Arteta will have no bearing on.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

I think we'd have a chance this year if the management was better and more experienced.

With Arteta at the helm sixth is the highest we will finish.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Just looking at that Man City game depresses me. Feels like it should say 0-3 before a ball is kicked.

Don't we set an unwanted record if they beat us, too? The most consecutive league wins ever recorded v Arsenal?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Just looking at that Man City game depresses me. Feels like it should say 0-3 before a ball is kicked.

Don't we set an unwanted record if they beat us, too? The most consecutive league wins ever recorded v Arsenal?

The timing of it sucks. We’ll lose because we have an important away trip to Benfica less than 3 days before it. And because they’re probably the best in the league, of course.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom