• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Chelsea look like they're starting to seriously click into gear. Sp**s look like a side that can consistently win games. Liverpool and City are Liverpool and City. Those are 4 team right there that are comfortably ahead of us without even factoring in "unfashionable" teams like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves, Everton, Villa.

It's going to take an unprecedent jekyll and hyde transformation for us to get top 4.

Chelsea look like they're starting to seriously click into gear. Sp**s look like a side that can consistently win games. Liverpool and City are Liverpool and City. Those are 4 team right there that are comfortably ahead of us without even factoring in "unfashionable" teams like Leicester, Southampton, Wolves, Everton, Villa.

It's going to take an unprecedent jekyll and hyde transformation for us to get top 4.

Yeah but these teams dont have Mari, Soares and Willian on 350k per week for next 4 years so jokes on them!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wierd season this every team is close to each other. Disappointing with Villa and Leicester result but nobody knows what will happen

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So we’re finishing 6th rather than 8th.
giphy.gif

Progress.

Jae

It's going to be a long long season with plenty of ups and downs. I'm not expecting anything at all to be honest.

We dust ourselves off and we go again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
8th place would be a good finish for us by the looks of things. Horrible being an Arsenal fan at the moment and just shows that 1 cup win proves nothing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not happening, we don't have the quality. Best bet is we can do something in tbe Europa league. I think Arteta/the team are more suited to cup competitions anyway.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We need to put a run of games together that doesn't seem like happening. Europa and cups are our best route of success.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not happening, we don't have the quality. Best bet is we can do something in tbe Europa league. I think Arteta/the team are more suited to cup competitions anyway.

Arteta will be judged on league performances. Let's not get blind sided by cup competitions. He needs to start improving in the league ASAP. People saying he needs his own players but he has to improve what he has.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Nothing impossible if we rediscover our offensive game if not then it'll be another season when we'll finish 6th maximum

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will be judged on league performances. Let's not get blind sided by cup competitions. He needs to start improving in the league ASAP. People saying he needs his own players but he has to improve what he has.

I agree but can you really expect you to get top 4 with our current squad? Its comfortably worse than then rest of the "top 6".

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree but can you really expect you to get top 4 with our current squad? Its comfortably worse than then rest of the "top 6".

Look. Its not a brilliant squad. But I'm saying that a good manager gets better results with that squad. Emery could so why cant Arteta? Gabriel has been better than Koscielny was. Partey although a different player is at least on par with Ramsey. Saka has developed into a wonderful player which Emery didnt have before. Saka was less developed. Willian is well. There as an option. So Emery came 5th with this group of players more or less. Arguably this is a better group.

But Arteta is likely to finish well away from 5th. It's horrible football. The only reason our defence is better is because we cant attack. If we start attacking and pushing for creativity we will leak goals. There has been no improvement in the league and that's what I'm worried about. A lucky win over Man City wont reel me in.

These players look lost, void of confidence, void of knowing what their meant to be doing. And the longer that continues the harder it is to come back from. Arteta has had 2 windows. Hes bought Mari, Soares, Willian, Gabriel, Partey.

He would have known the Özil situation in the summer. Why did we not prioritise a create midfielder. If we wanted Aouar but didnt have the money then we should have sold players.

Everything the club seems to do is poor.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think people should realise we could literally end up anywhere. Wouldn't rule out relegation if we carry on like this.
We'll never finish bottom 10 no matter how tragic we are i don't think we'll be worse than last season but yeah the offensive game has to improve its getting ridiculous

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look. Its not a brilliant squad. But I'm saying that a good manager gets better results with that squad. Emery could so why cant Arteta? Gabriel has been better than Koscielny was. Partey although a different player is at least on par with Ramsey. Saka has developed into a wonderful player which Emery didnt have before. Saka was less developed. Willian is well. There as an option. So Emery came 5th with this group of players more or less. Arguably this is a better group.

But Arteta is likely to finish well away from 5th. It's horrible football. The only reason our defence is better is because we cant attack. If we start attacking and pushing for creativity we will leak goals. There has been no improvement in the league and that's what I'm worried about. A lucky win over Man City wont reel me in.

These players look lost, void of confidence, void of knowing what their meant to be doing. And the longer that continues the harder it is to come back from. Arteta has had 2 windows. Hes bought Mari, Soares, Willian, Gabriel, Partey.

He would have known the Özil situation in the summer. Why did we not prioritise a create midfielder. If we wanted Aouar but didnt have the money then we should have sold players.

Everything the club seems to do is poor.

Partey has played like 2 and a half games, you cant really include him in this. We were in course for a 6th place finish in Emerys first season until he reinstated Ramsey back into the team. No surprise it all went to **** when he got injured.

Other teams have improved more than we have since then, simple as that.

Also you cant sell players if no one wants them (they aren't very good).

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Emery had better attacking options in his first season, especially in attacking midfield. Özil wasn't as washed up, and he had Ramsey that basically carried the team from January until he got injured. He also had Mhki and Iwobi as options.

Given Özil has been frozen out, we have 1 player that can play between the lines, that is shocking for a club like Arsenal.

Partey has played like 2 and a half games, you cant really include him in this. We were in course for a 6th place finish in Emerys first season until he reinstated Ramsey back into the team. No surprise it all went to **** when he got injured.

Other teams have improved more than we have since then, simple as that.

Also you cant sell players if no one wants them (they aren't very good).

So our squad is only good for 11th/12th in the league. Based on our players thats our level?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We changed so many things off pitch so alot of poor result will happen until you get things right we either do Liverpool and become successful or being utd a good then follow by tragic one and bad transfer windows i like what we did last summer got right players for future i don't include Willian. Last summer we got players Tierney Saliba and Martinelli even Saliba not playing but he'll get his chance so we trying to build something for future

Latest posts

Top Bottom