<

Premier League 2020/2021: Can We Beat The Drop?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by squallman, Sep 13, 2020.

?

Where will we finish?

1. Champions

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Top 4

40 vote(s)
    39.2%
  3. Below the TOp 4

47 vote(s)
    46.1%
  1. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Well then he should have signed an attacking player in the summer. He would have known the situation with Özil and that he wasnt going to include him. Could have had Buendia for about 15-20million. Might not have been brilliant but certainly better than nothing.

Kav likes this.
  2. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Xhaka and Ceballos have put some excellent performances in under Arteta, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

As for the last statement I'm not sure who has said that tbh, I dont really keep track of peoples pre season opinions and opinions on the manager.

3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He wanted Aouar. Think I read a trusted source that said Aouar was his #1 target but Edu gave him Partey. Could also be because the Lyon owner had unjustified demands.

4. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

But not good enough to start ahead of Elneny. Who has done well in a few games. But nothing special.

I dunno. Think the best thing that could have happened was getting beat by City in the semi final. It would have shown Arteta for what he is which is a bog standard mid table manager. He hasnt shown me the x factor or charisma and his words and interviews dont fool me. Non negotiatbles are negotiable. Poor performances are rewarded.

People are saying we need to get some signings in January. But were is the money coming in January if we couldnt afford an attacker 2 months ago?

5. MikelHadADream

I'm sorry I can't fathom not wanting the club to win a trophy because you don't rate the manager.

We obviously need the owners to help out, which by the sounds of it is what they've started to do.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Also it's me or our run of fixture this season is bit difficult? we don't have run of fixtures when we have a 3-4 winnable games lol.

7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Rest of the PL beyond the top 6 has improved massively tbf. Villa were a relegation struggler and Leeds newly promoted and that shows you the level of previously easy games.

No banter teams like Huddersfield, Cardiff or Norwich this year.

Only pants teams are Fulham and West Brom and they’re no pushovers either.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes seem like it every game you go this season you can't consider yourself favorite even at home. Times changed.

Rex Banter likes this.
  9. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

One way or another you'll see Willian

Trofton and Pop Tart like this.
  10. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Any idea what formation United are playing today?

The team sheet looks very odd with 4 central midfielders, Fred, van de Beek, Fernandes and Matic.

It's astonishing really that United can put out a team as unbalanced as that after spending 1 billion since Fergie left.

OSBK likes this.
  11. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

I dont think ole has a clue, the players clearly dont.

I dont think utd can let this go on for much longer, a loss today leaves them with an huge task of reaching top 4. Im just glad ole is there, as bad as we have been sometimes i do think it could be worst.

TornadoTed likes this.
  12. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Grrrr, United have pinched it at the death.

13. MikelHadADream

We need to stay within 5ish points of the top 4 till January the make 2 quality signings at center forward and attacking midfield to have any chance of top 4. And even then it would be very unlikely, squad wise we are miles behind Chelsea, Sp**s and United.

tap-in and Red London like this.
  14. novar

novar Well-Known Member

Just don't lose against Wolves with more than 2 goals and we can still be in the race for top 14

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Red London likes this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

You’re not on shed end :lol:

17. MikelHadADream

Its very wishful thinking I know :lol:

GDeep™ likes this.
  18. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

Must have been a diamond

19. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I dont see us finishing above

Pool
    City
    Chelsea
    Leicester
    Spuds
    Utd

That means 7th at best. We could even finish behind

Saints
    Everton
    Villa

That would be 10th, and I'm an optimist!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Yes, Arsenal is done as a top club. I think it all started when we signed Lacazette.

MikelHadADream and tap-in like this.