<

Premier League 2020/2021: Race for the top 4?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by squallman, Sep 13, 2020.

?

Where will we finish?

1. Champions

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. Top 4

36 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Below the TOp 4

23 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. Jason Jace

Jason Jace Member

A life without hope is not worth living

Arsenal for the league

If we win then I get to have my "I told you so moment"
    If we finish 10th well then, it's not the end of the world

But at least have hope

dbig likes this.
  2. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Confident of Top 4. Comfortably 4th at the very least.

celestis likes this.
  3. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

I am on such a high at the moment with our club, Auba just signed da ting, we have won the FA and Community Shield. We are sitting the top of the league with our new signings playing great in our first game where we even got a clean sheet away to a newly promoted team. I know I need to stay grounded, which, I am doing my best to do so, however, it is hard not to be excited for this season. I FIRMLY believe we will finish 4th this season because I believe in US - BUT - we will have a few hiccups, however, with Arteta at the helm I am confident he will not let us drop down the table.

COME ON GUNNERS! LET'S MAKE THIS SEASON A SUCCESS!

Makavelii likes this.
  4. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Currently 4th.
    If we sign one of Aouar/Partey - 3rd
    If we sign both - decent shot at title but mostly 2nd.

5. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

True dat

Jason Jace likes this.
  6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

The great thing about that era was we usually bounced back with avengeance and the negativity dissipated without too much dwelling. Then we entered the phase where we couldn’t.

squallman and Brett like this.
  7. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

Money isn't everything. We have the better manager. This looks wide open.

Makavelii likes this.
  8. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Everton seem to have built quite a nice squad and gotten a decent manager. This year the competition for top4 will be tougher.

Football Manager and Makavelii like this.
  9. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

See Everton ahead of Sp**s tbh.

10. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Right now they are looking better than a lot of teams, be it chelsea, man u, spuds or even arsenal.

11. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Everton have a couple of issues that won't see them near the top 4 over the whole season.

They're defensively very poor. Mina reminds me of a poor version of Matip, which in itself isn't great. And of course Pickford is probably the weakest keeper in the top half of the table.

They have no depth. When James inevitably starts wavering through the winter schedule they will come unstuck, heavily reliant on him for midfield creativity.

Sp**s will do well this season, they've made astute signings, unlike Chelsea.

All in all the most consistent team will get into the top 4 this season. Chelsea, Sp**s and United are already showing inconsistencies that will crop up throughout the season.

For once we might actually be the most consistent side of the bunch due to our manager.

Weve already capitalised on the opening two game weeks and we need to continue that through the season.

12. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

This so much. For all their spending, I still don’t feel that threatened by them with Lampard at the driving wheel.

I think he’ll be found out pretty quickly. Then when they replace him with someone like Ancelotti, that’s when we should be very afraid.

13. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Top 2 looks clear to me in city and Liverpool.

But after that, the next 5 or so positions are extremely competitive and hard to pick out of
    Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and Sp**s.

It broke my heart watching United catch up and take over Brighton this morning. Was not deserved. At least Chelsea dropped points though.

Football Manager likes this.
  14. Xanth

Xanth Well-Known Member

Still think Chelsea will contrive to finish 3rd. United, however, have looked even worse than I expected, and I already thought they were being overrated because of their easy fixtures post lockdown. There is a very solid chance of us finishing 4th if we get Aouar. The loss of Ndidi is a huge blow for Leicester and Wolves don't have a higher ceiling than Europa because of their defensive style.

15. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I'd love to see this place in a weeks time, if we lose twice.

Structurally right now, with Arteta at the helm and us continuing our good form we are 4th at best. Chelsea and United have last season's momentum and money to deliver over the season.

As is, Sp**s, Wolves, Everton and Leicester are more our level right now and we should compare with them until we have consistently performed better. Well only be able to judge this in about three months.

Bring in Auoar and more importantly Partey, and we should join United and Chelsea as top four contenders potentially. Add to that our continued good form and consistency and third is possible

My personal hopes is for top four, third specifically. Let's continue to integrate our youth and supplement them with class signings. Most importantly I want it to dawn on United and Chelsea fans that we are clearly better than them, Liverpool, City and Europe sensing the return of the kings

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    BigPoppaPump likes this.
  16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

It's like clockwork tbh, Arsenal fans get optimistic really easily then flip out after a few bad results and start calling for Kroenke's head. It's like how people loved Raul one week and hated him the next.

SA Gunner likes this.
  17. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

Think we may be underestimating Sp**s a bit... couldn’t give two ****s about them but let’s be honest. If Son, Kane continue to play like they are with Bale somehow staying injury free, they could cause serious damage.

chelsea will pick up form and be trouble. Really think 4th is ridiculously difficult despite the incomings of two potential midfield talents.

What a season to look forward to, though

Makavelii and SA Gunner like this.
  18. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Man you must be one hell of a pessimist to think Auoar and Partey only make us potential top four contenders.

SA Gunner likes this.
  19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

[​IMG]

Interesting they’re so keen on Leicester and only have us sixth likeliest so far.

20. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

How is that we win two out of two and Chelsea win one from three but they are twice more likely than us to make UCL? Idiots.

Rex Banter likes this.