• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
they still have their fullbacks. And Mane, Salah and Firminho. It's hard to see them getting dragged down just because of a single player, however important.

Now, if Mane lost his form too, then it would rally hit them hard.
I know what you mean but Allison and VVD allow them the freedom to go forward at will. They won't be so gung-ho if they have to defend more. Mane is just fantastic. About time he had a slump.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its pragmatic and it's highly likely we would go to old Trafford and be happy with a draw.

Arteta hasn't got the players he wants in order to go all out vs any team let alone big teams. There is always one eye on making sure we never leave the back door open.

Confidence is fragile. It's only recently that we barely won a game away from home. We haven't dominated a game from start to finish in a convincing manner for a very long time. We have been plugging holes.

We have too many players who just aren't there mentally. I can't fathom us getting 6 points from the next 2 games. I think 4 is respectable and I think that's what Arteta will aim for.

Granted he's probably 3 players away from what he really wants in the starting 11. But nevertheless we do have enough to go at these shoddy defences.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
they still have their fullbacks. And Mane, Salah and Firminho. It's hard to see them getting dragged down just because of a single player, however important.

Now, if Mane lost his form too, then it would rally hit them hard.
Liverpool with Van dijk- 80% win rate. Liverpool without Van Dijk -56% win rate

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Surely we can get top 4? Looking at everyone around us.

Despite the crying I’ve been seeing from you guys that City result doesn’t mean that much.

I voted below top 4, but our summer signings and how weird our competitors look I don’t think 70+ points unreasonable.

Course we can! Played City and Liverpool away, got the second best defensive record in the league and are above all our main rivals for top 4. Villa/Everton won't sustain their form through the Christmas period. Our second set of games have all the big teams at home which is a huge bonus.

blrgooner

Established Member
Course we can! Played City and Liverpool away, got the second best defensive record in the league and are above all our main rivals for top 4. Villa/Everton won't sustain their form through the Christmas period. Our second set of games have all the big teams at home which is a huge bonus.
Completely agree on that. We are likely to reach our best level of performance only by second half of the season and at that time, having no big away game (except Chelsea) will make a big difference.

say yes

forum master baiter
Surely we can get top 4? Looking at everyone around us.

Despite the crying I’ve been seeing from you guys that City result doesn’t mean that much.

I voted below top 4, but our summer signings and how weird our competitors look I don’t think 70+ points unreasonable.

It's been a good start for the season for us. 5th in the table after 5 with our two hardest games already played. Sp**s, United and Chelsea all beneath us.

Definitely think we'll challenge for top 4 this season, although suspect we'll narrowly miss out and finish 5th.

2 spaces between Sp**s, Chelsea, United, Everton, us and Leicester is a tough ask.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's been a good start for the season for us. 5th in the table after 5 with our two hardest games already played. Sp**s, United and Chelsea all beneath us.

Definitely think we'll challenge for top 4 this season, although suspect we'll narrowly miss out and finish 5th.

2 spaces between Sp**s, Chelsea, United, Everton, us and Leicester is a tough ask.
I don't think Chelsea will threaten the top four as long as fat Frank is there and and they have Kepa starting for them.
They'll need to score 3-4 goals per game to win a game. That's unsustainable.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The season has really been a strange one to date. Be that a combination of no fans, VAR levelling the playing field, teams being stronger whilst other teams are weaker, lack of pre season, packed schedules. There really is a lot going on.

Where we and others finish will come down to consistency. As it always will do. But I think we are looking at who has consistently been the least worst rather than consistently the best. Take the victories when they come and try not to dwell significantly on losses.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As much as I like both, Rodriguez will pack it in come Christmas. No way DCL keeps this kind of scoring up.

Best header of the ball in the business though, so if Digne and Coleman/Rodriguez keeps floating those balls into him who knows.

Their squad is a bit poor after the starting 11 and Pickford will cost them. If they signed Martinez or Romero they probably would have had the best transfer window.

GDeep™

League is very weak
As much as I like both, Rodriguez will pack it in come Christmas. No way DCL keeps this kind of scoring up.

Best header of the ball in the business though, so if Digne and Coleman/Rodriguez keeps floating those balls into him who knows.

Their squad is a bit poor after the starting 11 and Pickford will cost them. If they signed Martinez or Romero they probably would have had the best transfer window.
I was thinking that, had Everton signed Martinez, wow.

Quite telling how their owners back Carlo while our guy is scraping around for pennies.

GoonerJay24

See the difference how West Ham are approaching their match against City compared to us! They have setup in a 343 and got players in the right positions; Souceck and Rice holding down the midfield well whereas we have Ceballos who is weak defensively.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This is looking like the season where Leicester ended up winning. Im starting to think we can actually win the league this season because every team looks vulnerable. Lets see how we fare against Leicester tomorrow. Hopefully Manure and Chelski draw today.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Felt we could win it and that hasn’t changed.

Almost at the end of our nightmare run, won’t get as tough as this for the rest of the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine if we win the league this season...you would probably still have gimps on here complaining about our "XG", while Don Arteta is lifting the trophy :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom