<

Premier League 2020/2021: Race to Stay Up

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by squallman, Sep 13, 2020.

?

Where will we finish?

1. Champions

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Top 4

38 vote(s)
    42.7%
  3. Below the TOp 4

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Biesla has been managing excellently for many years now. Hence why Leeds play good football, hes also been at Leeds for two full seasons. In comparison Arteta has been a manager for 8 months. People need to give the guy a break.

What have we seen so far from Arteta? A cup win, a community shield win, excellent signings in a very difficult transfer window and some of the best team goals we have seen at the club in many years. Trust. The. Process.

Your point with the whole title challenging thing is fair. But at the same time this league is very weird. Anyone could win it this season. Most consistent team will win it, isnt beyond the realms of possibilities.

truth_hurts likes this.
  2. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

This is looking like one of those seasons where a dark horse could win with a points total in the 80’s.

If that Coutinho loan or Aouar had happened who knows...

3. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

If we are with a shot by Jan then should try to get szoboslai

dashsnow17, Sanchez11 and Makavelii like this.
  4. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

Well to be honest i have the feeling that we can get top 4 but i have a disgusting feeling that Sp**s can go all the way to the title if tgey dont have serious injuries. Son and kane is probably the best duo in the league atm and if bale hits 80% of his old self they have the best attacking trio in the league... And with mooura bergwain and lamela their attacking depth is immense. Their problem is a creative attacking midfielder and a good defender alongside alderwairel. I dont think that the league would go higher thann 88 points this season and i fear the worst scenario...

Makavelii likes this.
  5. greekgooner

greekgooner Member

Hypothetical question. Would you be happy if we achieve top 4 but Sp**s win the league?:facepalm:

6. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

[​IMG]

Oxeki, Dj_sds -, Makavelii and 3 others like this.
  7. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

This is not fifa.

Macho and greekgooner like this.
  8. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Sp**s would still bottle a hypothetical league.

tcahill, Oxeki, Sanchez11 and 4 others like this.
  9. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Are you telling me that Harry Redknapp could get it right? Never. Sp**s cannot and must not win tbe league.

Oxeki and Makavelii like this.
  10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Liverpool will win the league again. Too much fire power, too much about them. Van Dijk will be a miss and they mightn't even break 90 this season but I believe they'll win it again.

Godwin1 likes this.
  11. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Yeah still can't look past them, though I did wonder if no crowds would play a role given that Anfield was a fortress.

12. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Given how all the other teams look at the moment, I think we could potentially get as high as 3rd, with our boring but largely stable football.

13. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

I’ve been having nightmares about this too.

greekgooner likes this.
  14. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Sp**s? I thought that West Ham result (the team we beat) would have put that title talk to bed.

Their defence isn’t good enough. Whilst Lloris is still great, he is also on the decline. Arsenal fans coveting other players as usual.

If we manage maximum points against Leicester and Man U we’d have to be taken more seriously in my opinion. We still have a few gears to go whilst Son and Kane are massively over performing (they won’t keep this up).

Makavelii likes this.
  15. amigo

amigo Member

If we beat Leicester and Man United I'd firmly say we are getting top 4.

Oxeki and Macho like this.
  16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I'm scared that Sp**s will pull away from us, but they're a squad of bottle jobs - they aren't winning any titles until they bring in some winners. Jose and Bale is not enough. Lloris and Sissokho have bottled enough to wipe out their world cup!

17. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Why would he even change anything? Rapid Viena were so poor. They are the team that finished second in the Austrian league. Imagine all the other teams below them. That is the level of opposition he is playing against week in week out. Apparently he will come to England and push us to top four. Aouar, the one man creative force is pushing Lyon to 10th place.

Personally I don't think we lack players who are capable of creating. Our lack of creativity stems from a lack of movement and a lack of intent. The lack of intent comes from the messaging of the coaching staff which has been negative in order to fix our defence. Striking the balance will be difficult especially when you look at our fixture list.

tcahill, DanDare and Trilly like this.
  18. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

He would score bangers from 30 yards though, and isn't that more or less the whole point of football?

19. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

We can't even get Auba in a position to shoot from the edge of the box, yet he will come in and score from 30 yards vs the caliber of keepers in England. Okay.

DanDare likes this.
  20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Firstly I mean the whole 'it's only Salzburg' thing doesn't stand up so much when the likes of Haaland, Keita and Upamecano have come out of there.

Secondly I've not watched a whole match of his so i've no idea what his general play is like, but it's pretty obvious he's an elite striker of the ball. Like he could be up there with TAA in terms of his delivery. We've got Pepe taking weak tea corners and David Luiz taking hopeless free-kicks. I'd say it's pretty useful to have someone who can consistently take good deliveries.

And i'd say he's a better striker of the ball than Auba. Like Auba has a good long shot on him occasionally, but it's not his superpower. Szoboszlai's superpower is his striking of the ball, i'm pretty sure he'd have the better of most of the keepers in the PL.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a long-term target, and if you can get him for half of what Aouar costs then why not. Which other attacking mids are out there anyway?