• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think we're getting 4th and I'd be delighted with that. Depending on whether Chelsea pick up we could even threaten them. We're a miles better footballing side than United and Sp**s at the moment.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
With Spur's decisions their competing for top 4, with the favouritism they get we'd be competing for the title. If we dont get top 4 this year we surely get Europa and blow those teams out of the water

Mudi

Maybe not this year but next year def!

İt seems like our defense is finally set (replaced Bellerin, Leno and Holding in one transfer period).

We have also fixed our attacking midfielders (Martinelli, ESR, Ødegaard and Saka)

2 positions that needs improvement: CF and CM
İdeally get a mobile technical CF and keep laca as back-up. Get rid of Auba.

Bench Xhaka and have a WC deeplying midfielder.

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-???
Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli
???​

That's a top 4 and maybe in 3 years title challenging team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think it would be great to get top 4. But I don’t think there is any pressure on us to get it. I think the plan was always next season l. I think by end of this month we will be out of it. If the club really believed they had a good chance of top 4. There would have agreed for a new midfielder in December and he would be here today. With partey and el neny who is the clear 3rd choice midfielder and xhaka about to have his usual red card any game. We will be out of this soon.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think it would be great to get top 4. But I don’t think there is any pressure on us to get it. I think the plan was always next season l. I think by end of this month we will be out of it. If the club really believed they had a good chance of top 4. There would have agreed for a new midfielder in December and he would be here today. With partey and el neny who is the clear 3rd choice midfielder and xhaka about to have his usual red card any game. We will be out of this soon.
Yeah, this is a good observation. It will be very tight at the end and a new player could make the difference. I think they're so afraid of fkin it up like last time in trying to bridge the gap short term they'll only try to bring in the right players. I could see us bringing in someone but only if the stars align.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We've done well to insert ourselves into the race after a terrible start, i'd be absolutely gutted if we miss out now. Home fixtures are key, we need to maximise the points.

ARS - BUR BRE LEI BRI MUN LEE EVE WOL with the Liverpool game still to be rearranged.

TOT - They have favourable home games, but also have to play Chelsea, City, Utd and Liverpool away from home.

WHM - Similar situation to Sp**s. Playing a lot of the big boys away from home.

UTD - At the moment, i'm not overly worried by them, feel they could drop points against anyone.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think wenger openly criticising English refs after he left arsenal did us no favours.

BTW remember saka getting kicked from behind and the ball not even near this season?

Mike Dean gives a yellow.

Worst decision I have ever seen.
I think it will take the refs not being invited to the WC to wake up the FA.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Today's results puts a huge dent in our hopes.

****en Sp**s 2 points behind with 2 games in hand.

They have the advantage and no European football either.

No partey either.

Ughhh what a day.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we still in good position no doubt manutd and Sp**s will get thier s**t together but we need to stay in touch until the end no one expected us competing for top 4 but after 20 games we rightfully put ourselves in mix just need to keep going whatever the results are the next season with few new additions we'd be even better.

Think people are setting themselves up for disappoinment thinking we get top4 this season. That would be nice bonus.

I will maintain if we can keep improve like we have been doing recently we will have a real shot next season!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Today's results puts a huge dent in our hopes.

****en Sp**s 2 points behind with 2 games in hand.

They have the advantage and no European football either.

No partey either.

Ughhh what a day.
Really? I’ve never been more confident of an Europa finish atleast until today.

Results went against us today but there aren’t a lot of teams with a starting 11 better than ours.

If Ramsdale, Tomiyasu or Saka are gone for a considerable time I think we are in problems. Everyone else has very capable deputies off the top of my head otherwise.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Midfielder and Striker is needed if we’re serious about top 4 though even if just loans.

Lacazette the only guy who can somewhat convincingly play target man/false 9 in the squad unless Balogun wakes up.

Xhaka, Sambi and AMN seems a bit light, one bout of covid cases and we’re talking about Ben White or academy guys in midfield.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Xhaka, Sambi and AMN seems a bit light, one bout of covid cases and we’re talking about Ben White or academy guys in midfield.

Midfield is a big worry for me, Partey (as inconsistent as he is) is a big miss...plus isn't Niles leaving for Roma too?

We really need someone there...even someone like Ramsey for 6 months, could give the team and fans a boost...the board need to do something this month.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Really? I’ve never been more confident of an Europa finish atleast until today.

Results went against us today but there aren’t a lot of teams with a starting 11 better than ours.

If Ramsdale, Tomiyasu or Saka are gone for a considerable time I think we are in problems. Everyone else has very capable deputies off the top of my head otherwise.
Europa yeah.
But top 4 not so sure.

Today's results especially Sp**s last minute winner makes it very difficult.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Midfield is a big worry for me, Partey (as inconsistent as he is) is a big miss...plus isn't Niles leaving for Roma too?

We really need someone there...even someone like Ramsey for 6 months, could give the team and fans a boost...the board need to do something this month.

Why go for an injury prone Ramsey when Gini Wijnaldum is available? Our best bet is to offer PSG a 6 month loan deal + option to buy then just go for a better target in the summer.

He’s perfect for the style of play that Arteta is looking to implement with suffocating the opposition. He was a key player for Liverpool not long ago.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Why go for an injury prone Ramsey when Gini Wijnaldum is available? Our best bet is to offer PSG a 6 month loan deal + option to buy then just go for a better target in the summer.

He’s perfect for the style of play that Arteta is looking to implement with suffocating the opposition. He was a key player for Liverpool not long ago.

I would take Gini, if that is a serious option...great player.

Think Ramsey would do very well here, if we could even get him though...think playing for Arsenal again would help him find his motivation, clearly has a connection with the club and fans and the thought of getting us back into the Top Four/winning another trophy, would really get him going.

We obvs wouldn't be getting the old him, but we would get someone who could really contribute here, I feel.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
After this match, I realize that our signings are really good. We have a very good generation. Just need to an upgrade from CM and CF. I think we can do something better in the next season maybe we can compete for the champion

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I would take Gini, if that is a serious option...great player.

Think Ramsey would do very well here, if we could even get him though...think playing for Arsenal again would help him find his motivation, clearly has a connection with the club and fans and the thought of getting us back into the Top Four/winning another trophy, would really get him going.

We obvs wouldn't be getting the old him, but we would get someone who could really contribute here, I feel.

I was a massive Aaron Ramsey fan but his injury record is a major red flag for me. The best thing for the club is to stay as far away from both Ramsey and Wilshere tbh as I don’t think they’d give us what we need to secure a CL spot and we can’t rely on them.

For me, it’s Gini or we move our summer business forward and go for a type of midfielder like Ruben Neves - would be hard to get him January tho.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom