• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Before the City game I felt things go against us too much to get top 4 and the game only cemented that. We look like a top 4 side without lucky dice

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Midfield is a big worry for me, Partey (as inconsistent as he is) is a big miss...plus isn't Niles leaving for Roma too?

We really need someone there...even someone like Ramsey for 6 months, could give the team and fans a boost...the board need to do something this month.
Can Ramsey stay fit for six months? I hear you though. We need bodies.

mpower2540

My worry is we’ve got a bad habit of chucking leads away. Everton, Man Utd, Palace, even today within the context of how the game was going we really should’ve come out with something.

I think we’re the best team in terms of talent and even game plan however our penchant to hit the self destruct button I think is going to cost us a top 4 place this season. I can just see us imploding in the NLD.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
My worry is we’ve got a bad habit of chucking leads away. Everton, Man Utd, Palace, even today within the context of how the game was going we really should’ve come out with something.

I think we’re the best team in terms of talent and even game plan however our penchant to hit the self destruct button I think is going to cost us a top 4 place this season. I can just see us imploding in the NLD.

On the other hand though we've got a very nice habit of usually getting the first goal. I think only the first 3 games of the season did we concede first. I think it's a lot to do with how we seem to start very quickly.

I'd like to think it's becoming a very daunting thought for the opposition to play against Arsenal again.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
At the end of the day, I think Tottenham and United would be ahead and the real fight will be for the 6th position with West Ham. I do think Arsenal will edge it and will end up in the sixth position.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Maybe not this year but next year def!

İt seems like our defense is finally set (replaced Bellerin, Leno and Holding in one transfer period).

We have also fixed our attacking midfielders (Martinelli, ESR, Ødegaard and Saka)

2 positions that needs improvement: CF and CM
İdeally get a mobile technical CF and keep laca as back-up. Get rid of Auba.

Bench Xhaka and have a WC deeplying midfielder.

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-???
Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli
???​

That's a top 4 and maybe in 3 years title challenging team.

LB can be improved imo, CM can be improved. ESR-Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli line is good and you can't find a much better striker than Lacazette, but he is aging, looking for a new striker between 22-24 is the right strategy. Then Arsenal can really fight for the TOP4 consistently.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
People are delusional if we weaned the team off of Xhaka early in the year and developed some of our younger midfielders we might be well positioned to be in CL. Xhaka is worst player at his position on any top 6 contender, everyone knows to target him for pressure and instigation and he will just meltdown and destroy world class performances by others. We are one midfielder who is good and not named Xhaka away from 4th. We will be lucky to be 6th if Xhaka plays. Without him we are a CL team. His 5 year career at Arsenal has literally torpedoed the club’s development of other central midfielders while he buggers us in almost every big match. We can’t absorb the minus 6-12 points he gifts the field every year. You put Xhaka in Barca 2010 instead of Busquets or Xavi and change nothing else and 2010 Barca would struggle to play in Europa.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Can anyone explain why we have only 15 more games listed in the PL and were missing from matchday 25 and 28????

Mudi

LB can be improved imo, CM can be improved. ESR-Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli line is good and you can't find a much better striker than Lacazette, but he is aging, looking for a new striker between 22-24 is the right strategy. Then Arsenal can really fight for the TOP4 consistently.
LB would be the least of our concens. A striker (and maybe 2 given Laca, Auba and Nketiah leaving), and 2 central midfielders (Elneny, AMN and improving on Xhaka) is what we need most now.

amigo

Ok so for those who revelled in our (somewhat false) position, we're not fourth anymore. So what comes next?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Why are we not submitting an application for postponement against Sp**s. If all of the players who were not available today plus Cedric and Saka are not available, we only have 11 first team squad players available (after looking on squad web site). Even if there were a couple of exaggerations regarding injuries (i.e. Saka), it wouldn't be hard to convince these players were injured. A **** load of defenders but very few midfielders or forwards available. Oordegaard needs his COVID symptoms to continue.

Don't we need 13 first team players and a keeper for the game to continue? This is not a **** and giggles game, its the most important game of the season so far, so we should be seriously looking at this. Especially since we have to play pool in the return leg of cup a few days after this.

Almost certain teams have had games postponed with far fewer unavailable players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why are we not submitting an application for postponement against Sp**s. If all of the players who were not available today plus Cedric and Saka are not available, we only have 11 first team squad players available (after looking on squad web site). Even if there were a couple of exaggerations regarding injuries (i.e. Saka), it wouldn't be hard to convince these players were injured. A **** load of defenders but very few midfielders or forwards available. Oordegaard needs his COVID symptoms to continue.

Don't we need 13 first team players and a keeper for the game to continue? This is not a **** and giggles game, its the most important game of the season so far, so we should be seriously looking at this. Especially since we have to play pool in the return leg of cup a few days after this.

Almost certain teams have had games postponed with far fewer unavailable players.
Bang on the money here. We need to start being abit more streetwise. We were caught cold against Brentford but we have seen other teams play the system and time we did the same. There's no guarantee we beat Sp**s with those players who are missing but I'd much rather give it a go with Ødegaard, Partey, ESR and Tomi than without them.

Plus it adds to Sp**s fixture congestion problems.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Its an Arteta/Wilshere midfield for Sunday. both registering this afternoon. You heard it here first!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The wiki table is looking good right now...

271493307_635986004378976_6601894070072767518_n.jpg

...think it's time we start admittimg we are right in a title charge, just got to pray we can hold of the might that is Brentford and Everton!

Those scummy Saudi Magpies and smelly Scousers to get relegated, God willing 🙏

Top Bottom