• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The good thing is, what you would class as our main rivals for top 6....Sp**s, Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Everton are all much the same as us currently, in terms of their inconsistency. I don't see a Leicester or equivalent pulling too far ahead like last season where they become too difficult to catch, unless that team is Brighton! 😱

I like the look of West Ham.

All of a sudden they’ve got a squad. They don’t have to run Benrahma, Bowen and Fornals into the ground every week. They create a lot of chances and they’ve got some good defenders now as well.

Leicester on paper probably have a better team than us as well. If I had to guess now I’d say I reckon we get 7th ahead of Sp*rs. We’re too inconsistent.

You can’t guarantee we’ll win almost any game apart from the likes of Watford, Norwich and Burnley.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Beyond the top 3 it's wide open and so competitive. Expect West Ham, Leicester, Sp**s & Man U to be in the mix for the European spots all season. That's where we should be as well hopefully.

Beyond that you've got Everton with a good squad and potential from Brighton as well. Wolves seem to be coming back strong this season and it wouldn't be shocking if Leeds and Villa find some form given the quality in their squads. That's going to make it close from 4th downwards

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We are too inconsistent currently for top 6, however, hoping we can improve this. Don't have to play in Europe which is beneficial compared to our competitors but I think our big concern is the AFCON period, where we will be without a lot of key players. If we can get through this period in reasonable shape on the points table and injury table, then I might start to believe in top 6.

Barry

We are too inconsistent currently for top 6, however, hoping we can improve this. Don't have to play in Europe which is beneficial compared to our competitors but I think our big concern is the AFCON period, where we will be without a lot of players. If we can get through this period in reasonable shape on the points table and injury table, then I might start to believe in top 6.
That's the period that I'm worried about as well. Think Partey in particular will be a massive loss and we might struggle for goals if anything happens to Laca.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's the period that I'm worried about as well. Think Partey in particular will be a massive loss and we might struggle for goals if anything happens to Laca.

I put in the AFCON thread that Partey, Auba and Elneny might only miss one league game which is Sp*rs away.

Talks of PL players maybe being allowed to go from January 3rd so they’d then defos miss Sp**s but have an outside chance at Burnley.

There’s an international break in January so I’d gamble and say they’ll defos be back for the Wolves and Chelsea games afterwards.

Last edited:

Barry

I put in the AFCON thread that Partey, Auba and Elneny should only miss one league game which is Sp*rs away.

Talks of PL players maybe being allowed to go from January 3rd so they’d then defos miss Sp**s but have an outside chance at Burnley.

There’s an international break in January so I’d gamble and say they’ll defos be back for the Wolves and Chelsea games afterwards.

Would be great if it turns out to be just a single match. Hopefully Sp**s will be as bad as last time and it won't matter at all. In theory our 8th placed finish last year gives a slight advantage through the middle and back end of the season against the teams in Europe and if they start picking up injuries then that'll show even more. We just need some consistency now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would be great if it turns out to be just a single match. Hopefully Sp**s will be as bad as last time and it won't matter at all. In theory our 8th placed finish last year gives a slight advantage through the middle and back end of the season against the teams in Europe and if they start picking up injuries then that'll show even more. We just need some consistency now.

Obviously all depends on Gabon, Ghana and Egypt all going out relatively early.

If one of them makes the final they’d miss four league games but with the draw and their squads we should be alright.

Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Morocco, Senegal and maybe Algeria should really be the only teams getting to the final.

MartiSaka

I put in the AFCON thread that Partey, Auba and Elneny should only miss one league game which is Sp*rs away.

Wow I didn't know this, thought it would have been 3 games min at that time of year for sure. It will depend how successful their respective countries are also?

MartiSaka

If one of them makes the final they’d miss four league games but with the draw and their squads we should be alright.

Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Morocco, Senegal and maybe Algeria should really be the only teams getting to the final.
Ah ok, Gabon shouldnt get far but thought Ghana would be a decent side. These sides include our two big losses.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think we might just finish 4th. Looking at United's haven't yet played Man City, Sp**s, Chelsea, Arsenal. We only have United and Liverpool out of the top teams. So I think we overtake them. I think we can beat United at Old Trafford. Arteta is making us hard to beat even if we struggle with out creativity. We've clearly started better than Sp**s who've lost 4 times already. That leaves Leicester as a key top 4 rival and it will be interesting to see how we perform against them in the up coming game. But they've also yet to play Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool. We have the opportunity to move up the table

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
United still are favourites for that 4th spot IMO, even with Ole in charge.

Their squad are just that good, and able to outperform any other team who are looking to challenge.

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
United

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ah ok, Gabon shouldnt get far but thought Ghana would be a decent side. These sides include our two big losses.

Ghana and Gabon are in the same group with Morocco who are stacked.

Four third place teams can make it through but there’s a good chance either Auba or Partey will be back after the groups and playing against Burnley.

The Ghana side is ok but Partey is their only real top player, while the five teams above have a lot of good players. If Ghana or Gabon do finish third and qualify they could face Senegal who I’d say are favourites.

If they finish second they probably face one of Ethiopia, Cabo Verde and Burkina Faso in the last 16. Win that and it’ll probably be Nigeria or Egypt.

Thing is unless one goes on a miracle run to the final even then they’d only miss Sp*rs and Burnley because of the January 29th international break.

Barry

Their squad are just that good, and able to outperform any other team who are looking to challenge.

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
United
United will pull it together soon, with or without Ole. They've got Ronaldo in the team FFS. Would be very surprised if they don't finish 4th

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should be challenging for top 4. One game a week, huge investment in the squad, Man United stuttering.

Unfortunately I don't think that will happen, we haven't shown that we can play against teams that are properly organised. Sp**s and Villa were freebies imo, they were both all over the place.

MartiSaka

United will pull it together soon, with or without Ole. They've got Ronaldo in the team FFS. Would be very surprised if they don't finish 4th
Yep, utd not getting top 4 would be equivalent failure to Paris not winning ligue 1. I think it's far more than likely they will turn it around.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

On paper they should be challenging for the title. There's a huge gulf in class between us and them unfortunately.

We have to use no Europe to our advantage.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Maybe if they get Conte in and solidify their defense but right now no:

Goals conceeded 16th
Clean Sheets - 1 - 18th
Shots on Target conceeded - 43 - 14th
Tackles made - 104 - 20th
Errors leading to shots - 8 - 20th
XG Against 14.3 - 15th

Distance covered is one of the lowest in the league too

Last 10 games with Manchester United:

Jose - 3 Losses, 12 goals conceded Moyes - 5 Losses, 10 goals conceded
LVG - 2 Losses, 11 goals conceded
𝗢𝗚𝗦 - 𝟱 𝗟𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀, 𝟭𝟵 𝗚𝗼𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗱.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Got my money on Comoros, Ethiopia or Malawi.

I suggest that everyone puts their houses on either one of those three after I done some in-depth scouting.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Top six for sure, we have our troubles but so do other clubs 4th is going to be a low point total as well historically speaking;it is a possibility if we have good luck with injuries which we basically never do unfortunately. There is a big 3 and everyone else; of the second tier we have the best squad talent wise along with United but United is in shambles right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom