• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine giving up on Champions League, ffs.

Some of you deserve Arteta as your manager!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea, Liverpool, $ity will be top three.

I have hope we can sneak into 6th place if we beat West Ham. If we don't beat West Ham, we might finish in 8th place.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think we are heading for a 7-8th placed finish based on our current level of play. We are often relying on fine margins within games and those fine margins are unlikely to continue to fall so favourably going forward
I still think 7th-8th might be lucky. Gerrard has done pretty decently with the way Villa play and we sit 7th atm with other teams around us improving. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anything other than a win tomorrow and we can kiss our top four hopes goodbye.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Our fixture schedule looks quite nice now.

What I like the most, is that we don't have two tough games in a row at any point currently (might have later if we go far in the Cups).

Only ones I could spot are Arsenal-United on 23.4. and next West Ham-Arsenal on 30.4.

But even there, we can expect West Ham being depleted and tired later in the season with European games etc.

(What I mean with tough games are like against top 6-7 candidates.)

drippin

The top 4 finish hugely depend on our away form we only have 7 points from 8 games that not gonna help to finish top 4.
We can somewhat expect that this young team will improve over the season, and that they will mature mentally for away games especially.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can somewhat expect that this young team will improve over the season, and that they will mature mentally for away games especially.
Yes hopefully it start soon we really have big chance and non of us expected that in start of season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our amazing home form, will get us to Europa level.

But if we want Champions League, Arteta and the players have to sort out the away games...doesn't even have to be that good, it just has to not be total crap, tbh :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It could take longer for the young team to have the confidence to regularly deal with tougher away grounds. it may be next season or even the one after before real progress is made.
Thats why I dont lose my sh!t like so many on here after losing by the odd goal at Old Trafford & Goodison.

Elland Rd can be a real tough place to go & they will certainly have a point to prove so Sat is a test.

drippin

It's mad that Tottenham has 4 less games played than us. It's not gonna help them at the end of the season. They aren't even helped that much with the postponements. They have Reguilon and Lo Celso coming back, with Romero having injury until January or February.

West Ham will surely be worse the longer the season goes.

Currently United is our biggest opponent for top 4. The lose against them hurt with the individual mistakes, but we are now in a very good position overall, compared to what we thought before the season started.

Of course Leicester is a threat too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we got win against Norwich and the game didn't get postponed we'll end the 1st half season with 35 points 8 points better than 1st half of last season. I'm still very dissapointed by Everton and utd games just throw these games away we could have been in much great position

drippin

If we got win against Norwich and the game didn't get postponed we'll end the 1st half season with 35 points 8 points better than 1st half of last season. I'm still very dissapointed by Everton and utd games just throw these games away we could have been in much great position
United game was mostly individual mistakes, and Everton game was affected a lot by Dean (although the performance was not good).

These things are expected from a very young team, especially away from home.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

United game was mostly individual mistakes, and Everton game was affected a lot by Dean (although the performance was not good).

These things are expected from a very young team, especially away from home.
As frustrating as the ManU and Everton games were, they really were reality checks I feel. We are still some way away from being a good team. We have some good performances in us, but we can also be absolute rubbish at times. It doesn't help that Arteta doesn't seem to be very good at in-game management. Still, I remain hopefull. I had us finishing 7th at the start of the season so being around the top 4 at Christmas, albeit with more games played, is totally okay.

drippin

As frustrating as the ManU and Everton games were, they really were reality checks I feel. We are still some way away from being a good team. We have some good performances in us, but we can also be absolute rubbish at times. It doesn't help that Arteta doesn't seem to be very good at in-game management. Still, I remain hopefull. I had us finishing 7th at the start of the season so being around the top 4 at Christmas, albeit with more games played, is totally okay.
Yeah. I feel like emphasizing how the team has responded to the Auba debacle.

It seems they are behind Artata (likely Auba too, but for them it's not maybe so serious?)

What if Arteta wants to get rid of the dis-agreers as fast as possible? To get the team cohesion right, with not too much distracting sounds. And people can always get back to the team.

I'm not sure always if this is right, but I see the point to do it this way.

One has to resolve this issue somehow, because at a top team, not everyone can play.

And if we take Martinelli as an example, he has worked and worked, got his chance and used it. Same with ESR, and earlier Saka.

ESR is 21 (growth injuries), and Martinelli & Saka are 20 years old. THAT IS JUNG.

These guys have apparently scored half of our goals.

drippin

One has to resolve this issue somehow, because at a top team, not everyone can play.

And if we take Martinelli as an example, he has worked and worked, got his chance and used it. Same with ESR, and earlier Saka.

ESR is 21 (growth injuries), and Martinelli & Saka are 20 years old. THAT IS JUNG.

I have to add, that ESR, Saka and Martinelli observed together as potential, is astonishing in the sense that each are 20-21 years old, and each have certain features of their game that compliment each other.

It's surprising that according to Transfermarkt Martinelli is 176 cm tall. I would have thought he is taller.

Saka is 178 cm, and ESR 182 cm according to TM.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah. I feel like emphasizing how the team has responded to the Auba debacle.

It seems they are behind Artata (likely Auba too, but for them it's not maybe so serious?)

What if Arteta wants to get rid of the dis-agreers as fast as possible? To get the team cohesion right, with not too much distracting sounds. And people can always get back to the team.

I'm not sure always if this is right, but I see the point to do it this way.

Was listning to some podcasts and two things really stood out to me:

- The mood at home at the Emirates seems to be 100% behind the team and has been all season. There are comments around how loud it is. No more like a silent library. This really gives me hope and I am happy for the fans going! That is what you go to games for. To push your team forward and join your fellow fans in doing so. Loved hearing the crowd against West Ham. It came across as loud on the TV.

- How young our team is and how much we rely on these young players to really carry us. It isn't the experienced players that carry this team, but the young guns! I love it personally. And now with Martinelli taking his chances that is just fabulous. His second goal was pure quality. To keep his balance, keep the defender off him and finish like he did was very, very nice to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom