• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Was listning to some podcasts and two things really stood out to me:

- The mood at home at the Emirates seems to be 100% behind the team and has been all season. There are comments around how loud it is. No more like a silent library. This really gives me hope and I am happy for the fans going! That is what you go to games for. To push your team forward and join your fellow fans in doing so. Loved hearing the crowd against West Ham. It came across as loud on the TV.

- How young our team is and how much we rely on these young players to really carry us. It isn't the experienced players that carry this team, but the young guns! I love it personally. And now with Martinelli taking his chances that is just fabulous. His second goal was pure quality. To keep his balance, keep the defender off him and finish like he did was very, very nice to see.
Yeah, I haven't seen Arsenal live. I can only imagine, it's always great to hear them!

It's crazy that apart from Laca & Auba, who have basically played half and half as older players, we have mostly 20-24 year olds in our starting eleven + 3 subs.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

6th is probably the most likely position. I still think we're too much of a work in progress to finish 4th. However, everyone else seems to throw away points, so we do better than I expected in terms of position.

The Everton game was deeply disappointing, but somehow we manage to get results at home, and we do pretty well against the "lesser sides".

The gap to the top three seems insurmountable at the moment though. They have their own mini-league right now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

6th is probably the most likely position. I still think we're too much of a work in progress to finish 4th. However, everyone else seems to throw away points, so we do better than I expected in terms of position.

The Everton game was deeply disappointing, but somehow we manage to get results at home, and we do pretty well against the "lesser sides".

The gap to the top three seems insurmountable at the moment though. They have their own mini-league right now.

Only thing in our favour is that Utd and Sp*rs will have a disgusting run in second half of the year.

If there are a round of postponements now, being able to play today could be huge in the scheme of things.

drippin

Only thing in our favour is that Utd and Sp*rs will have a disgusting run in second half of the year.

If there are a round of postponements now, being able to play today could be huge in the scheme of things.
Actually aren't we worse off for the AFCON time than United or Tottenham? We lose Auba, Partey and Elneny. Do they lose anyone?

Of course we now have Martinelli doing Auba's part anyway, because of the conflict. And how good Martinelli is again. So that's fresh.

Yeah, this game going live was very important for the rest of the season. For example our youth got confidence to score away from home.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actually aren't we worse off for the AFCON time than United or Tottenham? We lose Auba, Partey and Elneny. Do they lose anyone?

Of course we now have Martinelli doing Auba's part anyway, because of the conflict. And how good Martinelli is again. So that's fresh.

Yeah, this game going live was very important for the rest of the season. For example our youth got confidence to score away from home.

Auba, Pepe and Elneny missing probably aren’t that big a deal now. Hopefully they could only miss a couple of games anyway.

Also during AFCON we have to play Sp*rs and if they’re having to cram four catch up games into that period it could give us a huge advantage.

drippin

I must admit I've found it a bit of a wrench not being in Europe, but it might well prove to be a blessing in disguise...
Well, absolutely. That Conference League sillyness was appointed to the the clowns, Tottenham.

Who can't even go through the group stage it seems anymore. Eventhough I hoped they will finish 2nd.

It's bullshit, but they will still have a stacked end of the season.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Even though they have 4 games in hand now, that means nothing for Sp**s in the grand scheme of things if they don't pick up the points.

More worried about United rather than them. Rangnick is going to leave his mark soon & they'll be our main challengers for that final CL place.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I still feel 4th is a massive stretch. We have the 5th highest wage bill, the 6th highest squad value and even the most die hard Arteta supporters would probably concede that there are 5 or 6 better managers in the league than him, of course some think there are 19!

With all those considerations I still feel that 5th or 6th would be a good season. It would be massive for the club and boost our summer signing potential though if we over achieved, everything went our way and we finished 4th.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I still feel 4th is a massive stretch. We have the 5th highest wage bill, the 6th highest squad value and even the most die hard Arteta supporters would probably concede that there are 5 or 6 better managers in the league than him, of course some think there are 19!

With all those considerations I still feel that 5th or 6th would be a good season. It would be massive for the club and boost our summer signing potential though if we over achieved, everything went our way and we finished 4th.

If we win our next game away against Norwich and we're on 35 points after 19 games. Repeat that over the next 19 games and we finish on 70 points. That would of been enough for 3rd in the last 2 seasons

The main cavaet to that is we play Wolves twice instead of Norwich twice. But we do look like we're improving over the start of the season

Sp**s have good points per game but if you look at Sp**s fixture list the best team they've beat is City but the second highest placed team they've beat is Wolves. They've lost against Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h) and United (h), plus West Ham and Burnley. The rest of their wins are against relegation outfits. They've yet to play Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton or Burnley.

United are definitely our main threat but their defense and midfield are weaknesses. They still have to goto Etihiad, Emirates and Anfield.

So I'd predict we finish top 5 with a dogfight with United for 4th. We might do it or just miss out. But I'm pretty sure St Totteringhams day is on

mpower2540

I don’t think 4th is a massive stretch at all. If Mikel gets our attack firing then we’re going to be up there. Easier said than done of course but I look at our rivals for it and I really don’t think we have anything to fear.

Sp**s have a top manager but a very average team. Kane still wants out and no one can convince me otherwise, their midfield is hardworking but nothing special and that defence is a disaster waiting to happen.

Man Utd are littered with attacking talent but midfield and defence again I’m not sure about them at all. From all I’ve heard Ragnick is a good coach but it’s his first real top job at one of the biggest clubs out there, he’s a development coach if I’m not mistaken. United are built differently, plus no one knows how long he’s actually gonna be head coach for so it makes it difficult for him to really implement his ideas if he’s only in the role 6 months or so.

We’ve got a good team that imo really isn’t much weaker than our competition.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sure Sp**s have Conte, but at this point we have far better players than them, we really should be finishing ahead of them, especially as we have no Europe. United are a different beast, on paper they really should be finishing above us, but as mentioned previously fixtures are much kinder to us.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Seems 538 actually thinks we’re the favourites.

Genuinely think us keeping Covid cases down so far and playing these games could be huge.

View attachment 5275
Looking at that ranking, they must be valuing points banked so far significantly higher than games in hand. Tottenham behind West Ham is a surprise for example. Overall, despite being favourites they've given us about a 1 in 3 chance of making the CL which is gloomy but sort of backs up the gut instinct; it's definitely doable but a very narrow path through this season with so many teams fighting for one place essentially.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Looking at that ranking, they must be valuing points banked so far significantly higher than games in hand. Tottenham behind West Ham is a surprise for example. Overall, despite being favourites they've given us about a 1 in 3 chance of making the CL which is gloomy but sort of backs up the gut instinct; it's definitely doable but a very narrow path through this season with so many teams fighting for one place essentially.

Injuries and Covid are going to be higher determiners than ever.

Tempting fate but I can’t see Sp*rs and Utd winning all their games in hand.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Injuries and Covid are going to be higher determiners than ever.

Tempting fate but I can’t see Sp*rs and Utd winning all their games in hand.
Yeah I agree, They are both going to get a lift from there manager upgrades, but we also seem to be hitting some form now as well. I just think for Sp**s especially with their squad, that the fixture congestion is going to cost them points.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We’ve gained ground on United, but I think we’ll blow that advantage against City and Sp**s again.

I think the major point here is that we maintain our consistency in games we should be winning. That is what will get us into the Champions League again this season.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Wow, this has been a fantastic couple of days. We are the big winners of the Christmas period - even without playing today. Things begin to look promising.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom