• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebron

After finishing 8th last season and seeing the Top 4 strengthen again, I really see our direct competition this season realistically as Tottenham, West Ham, Leceister, Everton, possibly Villa, it will be a race to be in the Top 6, and secure Europa League.
Forgive me but I’ve ruled out Top 4 already, it’s just unrealistic when you look at those squads, we are built on supposed potential now we aren’t on that level.

How do you all think we will fare against these teams? I’m more worried about West Ham and Leceister as they have very settled squads built with experienced league players, established partnerships in midfield etc.

Xhaka and Partey on paper would be the best CM partnership amongst these teams but we can’t get them on the pitch at the same time! We seem to have signed good players but they will have to hit the ground running to get us up to speed,

Haphazard

After finishing 8th last season and seeing the Top 4 strengthen again, I really see our direct competition this season realistically as Tottenham, West Ham, Leceister, Everton, possibly Villa, it will be a race to be in the Top 6, and secure Europa League.
Forgive me but I’ve ruled out Top 4 already, it’s just unrealistic when you look at those squads, we are built on supposed potential now we aren’t on that level.

How do you all think we will fare against these teams? I’m more worried about West Ham and Leceister as they have very settled squads built with experienced league players, established partnerships in midfield etc.

Xhaka and Partey on paper would be the best CM partnership amongst these teams but we can’t get them on the pitch at the same time! We seem to have signed good players but they will have to hit the ground running to get us up to speed,
Squads may be similar to these teams but they all have superior managers, with Arteta in charge I very much doubt we can finish above any of them. I've put us down for a 10-12th place finish.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I would agree with the thinking that Arteta will be the handbrake on our ambitions this season.

I think squad wise we can compete for 5th spot, with Leicester, Sp**s, West Ham and Everton. However this is premised on when Arteta is sacked, and who we bring in to replace him, more than the squad and its capability.

I would go further to say that 4th spot, is not entirely out of the question this season... if we get our next moves spot on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Arteta remains I don't see us finishing higher than 8th, the top 4 will be untouchable to us. Sp**s could manage to sneak into top 4 so that's 5 teams ahead of us. I agree that West Ham, Leicester and Everton will be our competition. If they all finish ahead of us we could end up 9th.

If we get a proper manager by Oct/Nov, we could get 6th.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Race out of the bottom 6 would be more appropriate. Haven't improved the squad at all, Arteta still manager, already lost 3 without scoring but we're gonna gain at least two places when Sours, West Ham and Leicester have already shown far more? And besides by the time Arteta is sacked we'll be well off the pace.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Top Four is beyond us at the minute, no matter who the manager is.

Though feel with the right manager, added to no Europe this season, feel Europa League should be easily gettable this season.

Have no faith in the board to move on from Arteta, so just got to hope Mikel gets lucky and stumbles across something that works.

IstraBalagina

With a competent manager we could've challenged for top 4, but Arteta is still in charge and 3 defeats is a huge setback so top 6 is the best we can hope for atm.

Riou

Can see us getting Conference League and the club spinning it as a success, when that would only have been somewhat acceptable last season and not this one.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're not finishing 8th. By the time the club sacks Arteta and bring in a new manager, 8th would look almost impossible.

Riou

When I first started supporting the club /got interested into football, I thought fans of clubs that weren't battling for 1st , were wasting their time.

So this thread would be very sobering to younger me :lol:

Lebron

It’s soul crushing I get it but I just don’t see how we can rival United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool. We are relying on one midfielder (Partey) being fit to even be able to put out a decent team. Never thought we’d be at this point tho.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We are relying on one midfielder (Partey) being fit to even be able to put out a decent team. Never thought we’d be at this point tho.
That's not exactly a new thing, has been a problem for ages.

We have relied on injury-prone players in midfield like Wilshere, Ramsey and then the ****housery happened to Cazorla. And the depth has been always neglected in addition to that. Midfield is so important, and Arsenal just can't have a proper one.

It's also almost cursed, with Partey becoming injury-prone straightaway when he entered the building.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This should be moved to the football thread. Arsenal have no business with top 6 at least until Mikel is binned.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Had we had a normal DOF and a manager we could've spent the same amount of money and assembled a team that's gunning for top4.

We still have a team capable of top 6 with a shout for a CL place fight. Leno/Rams - Tommy - White - Gabriel - Tirney - Party - Sambi - Ode - Pepe/Saka/ESR - Auba/Laca. Pretty good.

Unfortunately, we have a manager who'll be fist-pumping 8th placed finish at the end of the season.

Standards of this club are degrading every day.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The next games till the next international break should be indicative. We need to beat Norwich, Burnley, and Brighton, and at least draw the NLD. If our current form continues the board should pull the plug, arguably they should perhaps do it anyway.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I agree with the majority. The squad looks capable of 5th or 6th if it clicks however Benitez, Rodgers, Nuno and Moyes are light years ahead of Mikel. Unless the board wake up from his hypnotic spell they will all finish above us.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom