• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
So sick of our rivals getting lucky last minute winners. Sick to the teeth of football these days. Cavani looked offside too. Not even a check
How is it possible for VAR not to check there, looked offside from the naked eye.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How is it possible for VAR not to check there, looked offside from the naked eye.
According to all reports it was onside but I mean we have seen the lines for more obvious offsides but no lines or anything there. West Ham are out of CL race. So between Sp**s, United and us it's all to play for.

Sp**s and United have gotten results playing ****. We have gotten results playing well. If Sp**s and United kick on and actually start playing well it will be difficult.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
According to all reports it was onside but I mean we have seen the lines for more obvious offsides but no lines or anything there. West Ham are out of CL race. So between Sp**s, United and us it's all to play for.

Sp**s and United have gotten results playing ****. We have gotten results playing well. If Sp**s and United kick on and actually start playing well it will be difficult.
Even worse we have had a few loses playing well. I agree it's not necessarily a good sign Sp**s/utd are playing **** but still collecting the results. If they hit some form, it will be difficult for us

GDeep™

League is very weak
@14Henry @MartiSaka that Rashford goal was checked and it was clearly onside. It was not showed on tv because the decision was made very quickly. You could hear the crowd cheer twice, once for the goal and once for VAR confirming it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
@14Henry @MartiSaka that Rashford goal was checked and it was clearly onside. It was not showed on tv because the decision was made very quickly. You could hear the crowd cheer twice, once for the goal and once for VAR confirming it.
Yeah it may have been onside. The only point I'm making is we have seen decisions that were more obvious checked with the lines and abit of a delay. Yet this one 2 seconds and check over. It was close it wasn't super obvious that he was onside at first glance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even worse we have had a few loses playing well. I agree it's not necessarily a good sign Sp**s/utd are playing **** but still collecting the results. If they hit some form, it will be difficult for us
That Everton game was a disgrace. Everton one of the worst sides in the league the drubbing boys for everyone and we lost. Also draws against Palace and Brighton pathetic.

We need a big win tomorrow and to go on a run.

Our big problem is that in order to get top 4 we can't rely on us earning it. We are relying on Man U and Sp**s playing ****. We can't string 5 or 6 wins together. We can't seem to take advantage of situations when the others drop points and we can't beat any team above us. But the other teams can.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Burnley H
Wolves A
Chelsea A
Brentford H
Liverpool H
Watford A
Leciester H
Villa A
Palace A
Brighton H
Soton A
United H
West Ham A
Leeds H
Newcastle A
Everton H
Sp**s A
Wolves H

Rest of our league fixtures.

Think we will need 35 points from those fixtures to stand any chance of 4th place.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Burnley H
Wolves A
Chelsea A
Brentford H
Liverpool H
Watford A
Leciester H
Villa A
Palace A
Brighton H
Soton A
United H
West Ham A
Leeds H
Newcastle A
Everton H
Sp**s A
Wolves H

Think we will need 35 points from those fixtures to stand any chance of 4th place.

Looking at the fixtures getting to 70 points is doable and I think that should be enough to just about get 4th.

Out of Sp*rs and Yanited I think it's those dipsh!ts down the road that worry me the most, so if we could by any way possible get a win at the toilet bowl then that'd be a big boon in reclaiming the coveted 4th place trophy.

We'll need the form we displayed from Southampton onward, up until our disappointing showings in the cup. We cannot afford any bullsh!t though, no silly red cards and I don't care about valiant defeats.

Although City was an excellent performance that needs to be the last time something like that happens this season as we just cannot afford to lose points in that manner.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Looking at the fixtures getting to 70 points is doable and I think that should be enough to just about get 4th.

Out of Sp*rs and Yanited I think it's those dipsh!ts down the road that worry me the most, so if we could by any way possible get a win at the toilet bowl then that'd be a big boon in reclaiming the coveted 4th place trophy.

We'll need the form we displayed from Southampton onward, up until our disappointing showings in the cup. We cannot afford any bullsh!t though, no silly red cards and I don't care about valiant defeats.

Although City was an excellent performance that needs to be the last time something like that happens this season as we just cannot afford to lose points in that manner.
Yeah spot on. Give me playing bad but 3 point over a heroic performance and nothing or a point.

I think we will need a huge slice of luck. A Kane injury would be nice. Maybe a De Gea injury too or United going far in the CL.

We have 0 margin for error now.

The 2 Wolves games, Sp**s, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are vital. 10+ points from those fixtures and fingers crossed

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Wolves away game after the break, will be absolutely massive for us.

If we win it, that could be the result that gets us Champions League when we look back after the season ends...need a result in that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly believe that if we finish with more points than 16 other teams then we might finish top 4. Just a hunch.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I honestly believe that if we finish with more points than 16 other teams then we might finish top 4. Just a hunch.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The Wolves away game after the break, will be absolutely massive for us.

If we win it, that could be the result that gets us Champions League when we look back after the season ends...need a result in that.
Yeah Wolves are right up there in with a shout for CL/EL. Wolves are a tough team. I think this Wolves team and their set up are much more difficult than the Wolves of Nuno that at the start was a tough place to get 3 points.

Defensively they give you nothing and midfield they have experience. One place lacking is probably up front. Jimenez doesn't look the old him. Silva doesn't look the part and Traore is on his way. Podence is a good player.

Goonger

Burnley H
Wolves A
Chelsea A
Brentford H
Liverpool H
Watford A
Leciester H
Villa A
Palace A
Brighton H
Soton A
United H
West Ham A
Leeds H
Newcastle A
Everton H
Sp**s A
Wolves H

At the beginning of the season I set us a 70 point target for Arteta & the team to show good improvement, and a total like that would have us pretty much top 4.

We hit the 35 point mark 19 games in the season, so we basically need to maintain the same form for the 2nd half of the season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
At the beginning of the season I set us a 70 point target for Arteta & the team to show good improvement, and a total like that would have us pretty much top 4.

We hit the 35 point mark 19 games in the season, so we basically need to maintain the same form for the 2nd half of the season.

And this is the encouraging part for me. Despite having a horrible start and iffy first half of the season, we managed to accumulate 35 points overall. Now, with the team settling into a rhythm, and able to reliably do the business against 14 to possibly 16 teams in the league, does it bode well for the second half of the season.

Reinforcements this window would really give us the boost we need to kick on, especially in midfield. Get in a player or two, and keep the squad in good health and Im quietly confident of our chances this year.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And this is the encouraging part for me. Despite having a horrible start and iffy first half of the season, we managed to accumulate 35 points overall. Now, with the team settling into a rhythm, and able to reliably do the business against 14 to possibly 16 teams in the league, does it bode well for the second half of the season.

Reinforcements this window would really give us the boost we need to kick on, especially in midfield. Get in a player or two, and keep the squad in good health and Im quietly confident of our chances this year.
I get your sentiment but I think we also have to accept that Sp**s had their problems, changed managers and had Europe. United also have played below par, have changed managers and have had their issues and they are level or ahead of us.

I feel while we have improved and done well we have maybe missed a few opportunities. The Everton game and the performance against United in my opinion has been the difference between a very good chance and an OK chance.

Even 3 points from them 2 games instead of 0 could have made the difference. Fine margins. Need a big win today and a draw in the Chelsea/Sp**s match. Or even a Chelsea win. Sp**s cannot win that match today.

Goonger

Yeah, we lost nearly a third of our games first half of the season, and we still managed to get to 35 points.

If we can turn a couple of those losses into draws or wins that could go a long way.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Auba and Pepe could be the pendulum swing for us, I think they can give us something extra in the run in. We can't just keep relying on the same group as now, Laca doesn't score enough and the rest are still young and a bit inconsistent. We know Auba and Pepe get goals when given the chance.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Auba and Pepe could be the pendulum swing for us, I think they can give us something extra in the run in. We can't just keep relying on the same group as now, Laca doesn't score enough and the rest are still young and a bit inconsistent. We know Auba and Pepe get goals when given the chance.
You’re right.

We need something extra and not just the same 11 as teams can sus that very quick.

Pepe can be that player if he wants to.

Top Bottom