• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Was a disappointing Jan but people over react.
Still a long way to go. On Balance of play we should have beat Burnley & got a draw against Man City.
Man U have a massively better squad than us simple FACT.
Tottenham are probably a similar quality team to us but have more strength in depth & an elite level manager.
As i have said before they didnt give Conte mega money to manage something they havent for years & finish behind us.

Improvement & Top 6 has always been the realistic aim for us this season.
We should finish 6th imho which is our level at the moment with a young team that is heading in the right direction.

A challenge for top 4 this season should be seen as a bonus.
Honestly, the January transfer window was somewhat better than given credit for. We didn't panic buy, and we've set ourselves up well for the summer window.

The only worry is that the clearout has left us rather threadbare. I suspect the target for this season was top six, and a continued revamp of the squad.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So 150 million to improve on 4 points from last season. 65 point got you fourth last season. It looks like 64-65 will do this season
You act like nobody else ever spends money.
Man U didnt spend over £100m to go from 2nd to outside the top 4.
Chelsea spent around £100m also.
As said Sp**s didnt bring in Conte to finish below us for the 1st time in years.

Unfortunately the simple fact is we had a very poorly assembled bloated squad on the decline that needed a massive rebuild
Now things look better but we still need to add to it with the right players to honestly say we have a genuine top 4 level squad.

Yes we could get top 4 but we are not favourites & 6th is probably more realistic tbf.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Honestly, the January transfer window was somewhat better than given credit for. We didn't panic buy, and we've set ourselves up well for the summer window.

The only worry is that the clearout has left us rather threadbare. I suspect the target for this season was top six, and a continued revamp of the squad.

Yes indeed, our squad setup may be light and possibly short of top four this season, but in the bigger scheme of things its well set for the injection of some quality players again.

I suppose the club have targets in mind, probably split into top four and non-top four. Either way, its a good position to be in, if there is money to be spent this summer.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Yes spot on i think we are light but as you say at least we didnt panic buy.
We obviously tried seriously for a CF as we had a large bid accepted. I am also 100% sure we looked at loan options for cover but the right deal could not be done.
What i will say is that we look to be rightly imo getting away from overpaying ageing players with Özil & Auba both gone in 12 months.
We were kinda held to ransom on these deals to maintain the appearance that we were a big club & could hold onto 'superstars'.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Just frustrating because CL is like, right there… just within arms reach. I mean, we got to go for it.

amigo

Yes spot on i think we are light but as you say at least we didnt panic buy.
We obviously tried seriously for a CF as we had a large bid accepted. I am also 100% sure we looked at loan options for cover but the right deal could not be done.
What i will say is that we look to be rightly imo getting away from overpaying ageing players with Özil & Auba both gone in 12 months.
We were kinda held to ransom on these deals to maintain the appearance that we were a big club & could hold onto 'superstars'.
"It was a good window because we didn't panic buy?" Surely that's not the benchmark. A good window is when you buy what you need and fill the holes in the squad not when you sell your best striker and don't replace him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
"It was a good window because we didn't panic buy?" Surely that's not the benchmark. A good window is when you buy what you need and fill the holes in the squad not when you sell your best striker and don't replace him.
I guess you might be able to claim it to be a good window if we then go ahead and spend a lot of money in the summer that provides us with top quality players that improve the team and provide us with success next year. I would hope this is the case and not just Kroenke trying to reduce his expenditure after arsenal's financial hits with covid/no europe. You would think its the former, but people are still making some assumptions here about what this window means.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
When you are paying a player over 300k a week with discipline issues but also very importantly has not produced anywhere near form in the last 18 months to justify the bumper pay packet its probably a sensible decision imho.

Ideally we bring in a replacement but its tough especially in Jan.
We tried.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The ****ness of the Sp**s squad outweighs it.

Seriously tho, a coach can only do so much, unless Kane and Son go super Saiyan for the remainder of the season I don't see why they should be finishing above us.

Besides A-M assures me that people are overhyping Sp**s anyways.

Now you speaking my language.

This is a mother ****ing dogfight right now, and we are right there struggling in the mud. Anything can still happen with 17 games to go.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If we cannot finish above this United and this Sp**s side it reflects REALLY badly on the team and the manager.
If Sp**s or Man U finish below us would it then be fair to say it reflects REALLY badly on both their team & manager? 🤔
Man U simply have a miles better squad than us no way they should finish below us.
Sp**s have top level players like Son & Kane, more depth squad wise & experience. They also have an elite level manager.
We have Laca & Xhaka, kids & a lot of signings people on here wrote off before playing a game for us
Dont forget also according to many a totally useless manager.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Check these boots out for size...

If we beat Wolves away, we will get Champions League.
If we draw Wolves away, we will get Europa League.
If we lose Wolves away, we will get Conference League.

...Riou has spoken!
Don't cave to the negative peer pressure infesting this board. I know you're ready to believe again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
None of this bullshit about “top 4 wasn’t the target”. The target would’ve been set on the assumption that Utd and possibly Sp**s would’ve been well ahead of us. They’re not, they’re ****. Not finishing above them would be unacceptable.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The ****ness of the Sp**s squad outweighs it.

Seriously tho, a coach can only do so much, unless Kane and Son go super Saiyan for the remainder of the season I don't see why they should be finishing above us.

Besides A-M assures me that people are overhyping Sp**s anyways.
A coach that has to spend the most to win cant do sh!t when given anything less

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
None of this bullshit about “top 4 wasn’t the target”. The target would’ve been set on the assumption that Utd and possibly Sp**s would’ve been well ahead of us. They’re not, they’re ****. Not finishing above them would be unacceptable.
We should have a points target for the year and I doubt we are above our mid year goal currently; it's just teams like Utd are way below their expected points that has given us a chance for top 4.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A draw tomorrow would be a half acceptable result. Wolves are a good side and playing there won't be easy. We need to take something from the game after Sp**s getting beat and United dropping points. We can't keep missing opportunities.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom