• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our next six games, before Leicester away...

Norwich, home
Burnley, away
Sp**s, home
Brighton, away
Palace, home
Villa, home

...after the start we have had, if we have any desire to make Top 6 this season, we really need 6 wins in a row.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If we have any kind of aim in the league this season i think it is to avoid relegation. So there is no race for top 6 but most definitely a race for top 17. Very sad since the aim a year ago was to reach the Champions League.

Multipass

Norwich, home
Burnley, away
Sp**s, home
Brighton, away
Palace, home
Villa, home

...after the start we have had, if we have any desire to make Top 6 this season, we really need 6 wins in a row.

Unfortunately we're not winning 6 in a row. I can imagine us doing well including a result against Sp**s that gets our hopes up, only to lose to brighton after dominating the first 30 minutes, having a first half sending off, and a sucker punch goal in the 90th minute.

The true arsenal way.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Norwich, home
Burnley, away
Sp**s, home
Brighton, away
Palace, home
Villa, home

All those games are winnable, you could accept dropping points in one of them, but more than that and the season is done for already.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
All those games are winnable, you could accept dropping points in one of them, but more than that and the season is done for already.
I disagree, if we only draw against Brighton and win the other 5 that's actually insane results for us.

We are aiming top 6 imo so it's doable with 5 wins and 1 draw

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Norwich, home
Burnley, away
Sp**s, home
Brighton, away
Palace, home
Villa, home

I still think its too early for pulling any calculators out to be honest. We could literally lose all those games and still be in the running for top six, that's how low a points total the chasing pack settle on these days.

Any movement in the manager department would be more around whether there are signs of progress during these games, with the new players brought in, I'd say.

GoonerBoy19

Let's see if we could score a goal against Norwich before making any predictions. The way we are playing at the moment it's very unlikely we will win next 6 games.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Let's see if we could score a goal against Norwich before making any predictions. The way we are playing at the moment it's very unlikely we will win next 6 games.

We'll know within the first 20 minutes how its likely to play out in that match.

If we struggle to impose ourselves and create chances, then I wont have hope for a result.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It seems like it'll be between us, Norwich, Wolves, Leeds, probably Brentford and Newcastle for the relegation places. Out of all these, we are the only ones still goalless and pointless. This is a tangentially Arsenal related thread to talk about our chances of avoiding relegation and our rival's performances. This is not a joke, we have played TWO of the relegation contenders now and don't look to be winning the 2nd. It's a real worry.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Sp**s and Brighton next up, Man City have Chelsea and Liverpool away. Could be above them by the international break. :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s and Brighton next up, Man City have Chelsea and Liverpool away. Could be above them by the international break. :lol:

200w.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
First 5 games i thought we'll get 10 from 15 points considering our 2nd half of last season form just unfortunate we got hit by covid and injures from first game. Even after back to back wins we are already playing catch up and that will always add pressure.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

First 5 games i thought we'll get 10 from 15 points considering our 2nd half of last season form just unfortunate we got hit by covid and injures from first game. Even after back to back wins we are already playing catch up and that will always add pressure.

We should have won the first game anyway. Stop making excuses, please.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

haven't won in two years with this guy as ref, he's the one that didn't send Jorginho off at the Emirates but did send David Luiz off at Wolves

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We’ve played 5 games including the worst two teams in the league and scored 2 goals. And goals were the problem last season.

8th is this guys ceiling unless he snaps out of this dull style of play. He’s too safe, too defensive and needs to start taking risks. You need players in the opposition box to score, so its time to empower the defenders. They don’t need every body back helping out. Packing your own box when your 1-0 up against Burnley is not the way to play.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Ok Im going for 6th.
Horrible start unlucky with injuries/covid & having to play the 2 best teams in Europe so early. but now i have seen a couple of games with our young team/new signings i think we will be ok.

Obviously need to improve significantly in the final 3rd.

The NLD could go either way but reckon we will manage to get above either Sp**s for the 1st time in years or Leicester by the end of the season.

I think our squad is similar standard to Leicester & not far off Sp**s.
We are way off top 4 quality but ahead of the likes of Everton & Villa so 6th seems about right.
Obviously all the other teams in the league have way better managers according to many on this thread.

I can certainly see why the jury is still out on Arteta but I am not going to write off a young manager doing a major rebuild 18 months or so into his 1st job.
He gets the season to show his worth & if we can get top 6 i think that will be a decent showing.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'd like to see Laca come in against Sp**s, Auba should ride the bench - he was awful in the last match. I'd rest up Saka as well who hasn't done much either.

Goonger

We got 61 points last season after a **** start to the season all the way up to Xmas.

Now, given we have no European football & have made some ok signings, to show signs of progress I think we should be aiming for round about the 68-70 point mark.

That would have been top 4 last season, but given how the current top 4 look, think your more looking at 5th or 6th.

Splitting that up, your talking about 18-20 points by game 10. So you are looking at winning at least 4 out the next 5.

Defensively I think we're now good enough to do that, but attack wise it's a big worry. We really need to start clicking ASAP, starting by beating Sp**s this weekend.

Top Bottom