• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

elemoo

We have to finish ahead of one of Pep, Klopp, Tuchel or Conte to get CL football.

Exactly! And I really don't see it happening - that's 4 of the worlds top 6 managers. They also have better starting 11's with world class quality for those tough games they need to dig themselves out of. They also have better squads.

I'd argue that it would take one of those teams o really bottle it for us to stand a chance, otherwise we are looking at battling for 5th/6th with Man U and perhaps West Ham or Newcastle, which is about where we should be considering our quality of players and manager and the type of football we play.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Exactly! And I really don't see it happening - that's 4 of the worlds top 6 managers. They also have better starting 11's with world class quality for those tough games they need to dig themselves out of. They also have better squads.

I'd argue that it would take one of those teams o really bottle it for us to stand a chance, otherwise we are looking at battling for 5th/6th with Man U and perhaps West Ham or Newcastle, which is about where we should be considering our quality of players and manager and the type of football we play.

You folks are really underestimating the work being done at the club under Arteta.

The football we have played over the last season is evidence enough that we are on the right track technically and tactically. Its of a very high standard.
Its no coincidence that the players who have worked with him directly, especially the ones who are no longer at the club or contributing the first team, have such praise for the work being done behind the scenes.

If we get the players we need for our system, then watch out for us next season.

elemoo

You folks are really underestimating the work being done at the club under Arteta.

The football we have played over the last season is evidence enough that we are on the right track technically and tactically. Its of a very high standard.
Its no coincidence that the players who have worked with him directly, especially the ones who are no longer at the club or contributing the first team, have such praise for the work being done behind the scenes.

If we get the players we need for our system, then watch out for us next season.

Oh absolutely, I actually agree we are on the right track and going in the right direction (though not sure it's significant enough in terms of squad depth considering we now have 5 subs + EL).

Unfortunately, the teams above us are also improving and as things stand they are simply better equipped with better managers. If everyone performs to the best of their abilities next season, we are probably 5th/6th. Personally I hope we really challenge for top 4 but haven't seen anything to suggest we are as good as the current top 4, so here's to hoping Chelsea and Sp**s slip up.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're not finishing 4th. If we'd gotten all of Raphinha, Lisandro, Tielemans then it would have been a maybe. But now I don't see it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m more pessimistic because those guys are literally 4 of the best managers in the world.

The only guy who’s up there with them is probably Carlo right now. We need one of them to have a really awful season whilst we need to overperform yet again to get in there.

Frustrating but my realistic prediction is 5th. Don’t think it’s even on Arteta if we don’t get CL football fwiw. The top 4 is just stacked.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Chelsea should be unsettled with the ownership change, a lot of changes in defence; depends what business they can do in the transfer market. Having said that they seem to be a club that does their best work in new changing environments. Sp**s still quite reliant on Son and Kane having good seasons IMO.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Oh absolutely, I actually agree we are on the right track and going in the right direction (though not sure it's significant enough in terms of squad depth considering we now have 5 subs + EL).

Unfortunately, the teams above us are also improving and as things stand they are simply better equipped with better managers. If everyone performs to the best of their abilities next season, we are probably 5th/6th. Personally I hope we really challenge for top 4 but haven't seen anything to suggest we are as good as the current top 4, so here's to hoping Chelsea and Sp**s slip up.
If everyone plays to their optimum ability then we get top4. Its the same situation for all top 6 clubs.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’m more pessimistic because those guys are literally 4 of the best managers in the world.

The only guy who’s up there with them is probably Carlo right now. We need one of them to have a really awful season whilst we need to overperform yet again to get in there.

Frustrating but my realistic prediction is 5th. Don’t think it’s even on Arteta if we don’t get CL football fwiw. The top 4 is just stacked.
We saw what happens when Arteta has Europe to deal with, we absolutely crumble. I don’t see us getting top 4 with Arteta as manager trying to win Europa is the best bet but even then I don’t have much faith in him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finishing top 4 next season will require most of our team stay fit and also remain to be seen what depth signings we'll make.

Oh not losing 13 games would help too. If you capable of winning 22 league games then you have big chance for top 4 finish just don't lose more than 10.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

6th as it stands, also the guy needs how to draw a game, 13 losses is not acceptable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Currently we on course finish 5th-6th. Of course things will change but if our first 11 stay fit doubtful they will we'll have chance for 3rd or 4th. We already improved our attack the defense too with Saliba coming back didn't sell key player only remaining how we improve the depth that what important because we'll go from fielding Holding Elneny Tavares and winger to someone who you can trust it play big part.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Currently we on course finish 5th-6th. Of course things will change but if our first 11 stay fit doubtful they will we'll have chance for 3rd or 4th. We already improved our attack the defense too with Saliba coming back didn't sell key player only remaining how we improve the depth that what important because we'll go from fielding Holding Elneny Tavares and winger to someone who you can trust it play big part.
:lol:
Thought you were tired of the "4th place trophy" all those years ago.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hard to predict at this stage.. I'm expecting around 70-75 pts at least + good football then we'll see where that ends up.

Top Bottom