• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

City, Sp**s and Liverpool top three with Chelsea, Arsenal and United battling for fourth, Chelsea will get it comfortably in the end. Expect the likes of West Ham, Villa and Leicester to be up there for most of the season before falling away.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think there's some over the top rating of our rivals on display.

Man City and Liverpool are clear obviously. Chelsea, Sp**s and us, there's not a lot of difference.
Man Utd are still a mess. Not buying this ETH hype and even if he is as good as people make out it'll take him a year or two to sort them out.

4th is very attainable and I expect us to get it.

Sulosky

In a dream world if we could keep our best XI healthy we would no doubt fight for top4. Put is need only Saka or Partey to get a long term injury and it's game over, man.. game over.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Title should be changed to

Premier League 2022/23: The Final Countdown.​

Because that's what it really should be for Tets.

1. Backed to the hilt unlike any manager in Arsenal's history.

2. Given endless excuses by the media & his supporters.

3. He has all his players now.

When it eventually goes pear-shaped for him, he should get sacked immediately as he's never going to be the hidden genius he's made out to be.

Mraven

A-M is stuck in a fixed mindset.

Last summer: Most on here didn’t consider our young players would improve so they didn’t expect a push for CL.
This summer: Most on here don’t consider our young players will improve so they don’t expect top 4 and cup.

Mraven

Think the thread title should be changed until we do enough in the market to show we're serious about top 4.
What have Chelsea, United or Sp**s done? Jesus on Nketiah is the clearest upgrade for any of the top 4 contenders.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Absolutely no reason to think we can't get Champions League through the league.

We are slight outsiders, but still have a great chance of getting 4th...nothing to overly fear from United or Chelsea right now, and I can't see that changing by the end of the window either.

How we start, will be very important though...an early away win, at a difficult ground like Selhurst Park, could really set the tone for us.

Praying we have all/at least most of our players and transfers, available for that match 🙏

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
We end 3rd next season. Jesus will carry this team.

Ten Hag's first season will be too tough, Conte will be 5th and I can see a mid season sack coming for Tuchel.

You guys overrate the Italian clown on the sidelines who moves like an arctic penguin

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We've definitely got a chance of getting 4th and I think we'll be there in the mix come the end of the season.

We've got a thin squad, quality wise at the moment and need at least another couple of difference makers by the end of the window. I expect our attacking players will continue to improve - Martinelli in particular is one to watch this season. Jesus is going to bring everyone round him up another level as well. Wouldn't be surprised if our defence tightened up either, especially if Tomiyasu & Tierney can stay fit.

Personally I think we'll fall just short again - I've lost confidence in Arteta after choking the end of last season and the other blips we've had. He's not a bad manager at all, but he's no Wenger and he's up against the best in the world.

dbig

Think we've the squad the make top 4, but I don't believe Arteta knows how to coach a proper attack or do proper rotation.

Wouldn't mind if we can scrape our way there, but I don't expect it, especially if we also manage to go on deep cup runs.

Haphazard

We end 3rd next season. Jesus will carry this team.

Ten Hag's first season will be too tough, Conte will be 5th and I can see a mid season sack coming for Tuchel.

You guys overrate the Italian clown on the sidelines who moves like an arctic penguin
Conte is a proven winner in the PL and Serie A, He used Kane and Son to overtake us to 4th within 6 months and has added good backup in Midfield and Attack.

The amount of overrating of our squad is something else, not to mention we have a manager with a 35% loss rate who cannot step up when the pressure is on. We are not sniffing Top 4 let alone 3rd.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Conte is a proven winner in the PL and Serie A, He used Kane and Son to overtake us to 4th within 6 months and has added good backup in Midfield and Attack.

The amount of overrating of our squad is something else, not to mention we have a manager with a 35% loss rate who cannot step up when the pressure is on. We are not sniffing Top 4 let alone 3rd.
Buddy overtake. They were 1 or 2 pts behind us when Conte took over. Don't pretend like Conte took over with 20 pts behind us and overtook us by 10 pts.

Relax. Conte is trash there is a reason why he can't stay somewhere

Haphazard

Buddy overtake. They were 1 or 2 pts behind us when Conte took over. Don't pretend like Conte took over with 20 pts behind us and overtook us by 10 pts.

Arteta stans were making CL comps and singing songs about Arteta guiding them to the CL

Also:

Arteta bottled it massively

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I think saying Conte is trash is pushing it, he is certainly not a trash manager. Go and see what players say about him and look at his record.

What he needs to do is two things. One, he needs to stay at Sp**s beyond the next 12 months and take the club up a level. Two, he needs to show that he can compete with the best in the game right now, over a 38 game season.

I have my doubts that he is amongst the elite right now, but he is definitely the best or one of the best, of the rest.

mpower2540

I think saying Conte is trash is pushing it, he is certainly not a trash manager. Go and see what players say about him and look at his record.

What he needs to do is two things. One, he needs to stay at Sp**s beyond the next 12 months and take the club up a level. Two, he needs to show that he can compete with the best in the game right now, over a 38 game season.

I have my doubts that he is amongst the elite right now, but he is definitely the best or one of the best, of the rest.
I’d say he’s elite. Pretty much anywhere he’s been he’s produced an upturn in terms of form and it’s not just some new manager bounce. He’s tactically astute but his ability to get player buy in really shows he belongs in the top bracket. He minimises his teams weaknesses while maximising it’s strengths.

He comes across as a guy who cares far more about his reputation than any club he represents. If things turn there I can see him leaving pretty sharpish.

Personally I think Sp**s are at a critical point now of the Son and Kane era. They’re both in their primes with an absolute top manager, if they can’t win anything in the next couple of seasons when are they going to win things? Will be interesting to see.

Tomb Bombadil

We don't have one of the 4 best squads and we don't have one of the 4 best managers. So both have to get better or we are not getting Top4. With the squad so young they should be better next year but it really depends how much and how much Arteta is gonna improve tacticly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom