• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Piers Morgan weighs in, on us next season.

BIoodBrother

People need to get a hold. We bottled it. But we missed Tierney and our most important player Partey and played the second half of a season with a striker that failed to score and was replace with an academy kid.
We need to keep Partey and Jesus fit, just as Sp**s need Kane and Son.
We are starting this season in a race for top 4 with Chelsea and Sp**s for 2 maybe 3 CL places behind City and Pool as things stand.
Everything else but CL after this season is not enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why we posting Jabba the c*nt on here.

Man got embarrassed on his own show by a trade union rep ffs.

Him being interviewed by Andy Jar Binks too...Talksport, ffs 🤮

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Calling this is very difficult.

On the one hand, if we carry on out-investing City and get those target players, squad cost should carry us over the line.

On the other hand we have Europe to contend with and likely to bring more injuries. And we have a weaker manager compared to Conte, Pep, Tuchel, Klopp and ten Hag.

If ten Hag can revive dormant United we're probably 5th, but he'll have to beat Conte, which is a tall order.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Liverpool and City seem pretty much uncatchable for everyone. Below that, it's going to be rough between us vs Chelsea, Sp**s and Man Utd. Chelsea & Sp**s seem to have the better manager. Don't know what Ten Hag will do, but he has a monumental task ahead of him.

Mikel needs to step up his game big time. But with the PL being so unpredictable I really don't even know what to predict or expect from next season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Voted top 4. The last awful season saw us with a slim chance at 3rd and IF we get our targets, it's doable regardless of how the teams outside the top 2 strengthen. I just can't find an excuse not too except possible managerial failure.

Tom Mix

Subtle downgrading of expectations. "Race for the Champions League".... meaning "Race for the Fourth Place Trophy".

Where, oh where are the black scarves and the airplanes with messages now that we need them? Stamford Bridge? Maine Road? Anfield?

Arsenal fans pissed on the Messiah and are now dealing with scribes and pharisees.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think next season will be much like last.

City & Pool top 2
Chelsea 3rd
Sp**s, Utd & Arsenal will battle for 4th.

Going by last year, we were a win away from 4th & that was a season where we were playing with an out of sorts Auba & then a past it Laca, & big chunks without KT & Partey. We relied on our youth & we still were in the fight til the end.

Yes I know other teams like Utd & Sp**s also had their issues, but if you look at it like that & say ok all teams will improve & strengthen, the level will not be a lot different.

If we have a strong window & next season have KT & Partey fit & in form, plus have more firepower up front, we have a great shout for 4th.

I would argue we should really have gotten 3rd last season had it not been for pressing the self destruct button in some games..

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think we will get 4th. We always overrate Sp**s. Conte is a good manager but I don't think they are going to pull away from us. United could go either way. I'd prefer them to be thinking Ten Haag instantly makes them a top team, but in reality many have tried, and every new season has been approached with great optimism.

We could even pip Chelsea to 3rd if we get the signings that are on the table. We were injury ravaged when it mattered, and we bottled it this year whilst also overrelying on a small squad.

Our main CF scored a remarkably poor goal tally, and then we relied (with some success) on a forward who didn't start for championship Leeds.
Jesus, Rafinha, a new LB, and possibly tielemans or someone similar, and less brutal injuries makes us competitive. Anyway, I'd prefer to approach it with a little optimism.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We achieved 5th with no real squad and really should have been top 4, so we really should be aiming for 4th at a minimum. Hopefully, we'll be playing champions league in 23/24. We have to be really.

OSBK

Established Member
Im not so sure next season pool will be the same force. Losing mane is massive, not just his goals but his all round game. Jota, firminho, nunez dont even come remotely close to replacing him. I think letting him go is liverpools biggest mistake, if they dont win the league again next year or the CL then klopp is under serious pressure. He wouldve been there a long time, spent alot and only got 1 league title and 1 CL. If klopp was at chelsea he wouldve got the bullet by now. City are well ahead now, city had quite a few injuries last season. Now with a squad that includes phillips and haaland then its game over. This is a mirror of pep at bayern, klopp got one over on him then after that he blew klopp away.

chelsea, unless werner turns into vardy then i think they struggle for top 4. Losing rudiger and christensen is huge and as well as silva did he aint going to play 38 games next season. Sp**s look like they are going for quanitity over quality, the likes of persic is a waste of money and will turn into anwillian signing.

if and a big if we land our signings then i dont see how we dont finish outside of the top 4. Utd and newcastle are stil 3-4 windows behind us.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Im not so sure next season pool will be the same force. Losing mane is massive, not just his goals but his all round game. Jota, firminho, nunez dont even come remotely close to replacing him. I think letting him go is liverpools biggest mistake, if they dont win the league again next year or the CL then klopp is under serious pressure. He wouldve been there a long time, spent alot and only got 1 league title and 1 CL. If klopp was at chelsea he wouldve got the bullet by now. City are well ahead now, city had quite a few injuries last season. Now with a squad that includes phillips and haaland then its game over. This is a mirror of pep at bayern, klopp got one over on him then after that he blew klopp away.

chelsea, unless werner turns into vardy then i think they struggle for top 4. Losing rudiger and christensen is huge and as well as silva did he aint going to play 38 games next season. Sp**s look like they are going for quanitity over quality, the likes of persic is a waste of money and will turn into anwillian signing.

if and a big if we land our signings then i dont see how we dont finish outside of the top 4. Utd and newcastle are stil 3-4 windows behind us.

Disagree on Klopp, He's singlehandedly turned Liverpool from a joke club into serious contenders for every competition they play in, inside a few years. Imo he basically stays as long as he wants. More or less agree on everything else tho.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Personally think we get 4th next season, City win the league quite comfortably again and Liverpool will probably be 2nd. Chelsea/Arsenal/Sp**s will battle for 3rd/4th and Man United are still a banter club with a lot of issues, even if Ten Hag does a great job he'll need more than 6 months to turn the ship around.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Subtle downgrading of expectations. "Race for the Champions League".... meaning "Race for the Fourth Place Trophy".

Where, oh where are the black scarves and the airplanes with messages now that we need them? Stamford Bridge? Maine Road? Anfield?

Arsenal fans pissed on the Messiah and are now dealing with scribes and pharisees.

Keep an eye when a subtle change is made and the title becomes "race for the CL"

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

City & Liverpool have 1/2 locked. Sp**s have recruited well & Chelsea are finally moving.

The season hasn't started & already we have an uphill battle on our hands.

TornadoTed

Established Member
At this moment in time,

City to win in, Liverpool a respectable 2nd

Sp**s, Chelsea, Man Utd and us 3rd-6th with 65-75 points. Any order wouldn't surprise me, all it takes is a bit of luck/bad luck with injuries, new signings being spectacular/disappointing to swing a season by 8-10 points.

If we have any ambition for top 4 we'll sign Nkuku/ Gnabry type of players no matter the cost.

Arteta talked about increasing our goal tally to 90-95 region. I reckon a forward line of;

Nkuku Jesus Saka
could easily get us 50+ if the signings hit the ground running. 15 more from their respective substitutes combined gives us close to 70.

7nish from our backline sounds plausible.

The difference from 95 would be 18 which means we must sign a goal scoring CM to make up for our lack of goals from central midfield.
Also, Ødegaard must improve massively and aim for 10 atleast.
It goes without saying that Partey MUST stop aiming row Z!

Sorry for the bad grammar if any and the optism. I'm just that kind of guy :pray:

Alexs

I’m optimistic too: 5th. Ifs and buts with any team and we had no Europe or cup distractions to speak of. And we still have Arteta.

Top Bottom