• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's a worry but we've not reached capitulation point yet. City drew vs Everton and lost vs Brentford at home let's not forget.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We’re clearly missing Jesus too. When he got injured many thought that was it but we did very well without him, doesn’t mean you’re not missing him though and it’s perhaps starting to show.

At some point you gonna suffer when you replace that level of quality with a level below.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I just don’t understand why a two game blip weighs more than 19 games of being by far the best team in the country. There’s always a period in the season where you struggle a bit, even Man City nearly blew a 14 point lead over Liverpool.

I agree with you but beware.

You know this is going to mutate into people saying ''A__G said we'd definitely win the league'' after we limp home in 3rd.

Like when people turned you saying Cedric and Mari were okay squad fillers into them being your favourite Arsenal players ever :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I just don’t understand why a two game blip weighs more than 19 games of being by far the best team in the country. There’s always a period in the season where you struggle a bit, even Man City nearly blew a 14 point lead over Liverpool.

AG on fire today

cat-typing-cat-typing-fire.gif

You're right though, I don't really get how people are trying to make such a negative of what's been 19 almost flawless games from us.

It is what it is though cuz.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Look, Brentford are better than they sound. They were really good and extremely organised. We were pretty good in midfield and up top, but we were against a very well organised setup with so many men behind the ball, on their best run of the season.

It highlighted that we lack a truly world class forward, which we knew anyway. It highlighted that we should be using Trossard a lot when teams defend us in this way.

Thought Ødegaard was brilliant, but won't he credited as such because of the end product in front of him wasn't there.

Defensively I thought we were not too good down our right side, and also a bit sleepy at times. That needs sorting.

We aren't gonna walk this league winning every game. We need to pick up the performances again and we absolutely can, but for sure we need to address these dead ball goals conceded. I didn't count how many times we had an opportunity to intervene for their goal, but I'd guess 4.

Also, Salibas foul conceded leading to the 3 kick was clearly a sneaky foul ON him.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Results like last week and today can be compensated if we go to grounds like Anfield and Etihad where we always lose and win. Can we do that?

Our record in big games has been amazing tbh. I’m more worried about losing to random teams these days. The top end of the league this season is unquestionably poorer this year, but the “median” quality is insane. If you’re even half a length off your stride you will get punished.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our record in big games has been amazing tbh. I’m more worried about losing to random teams these days. The top end of the league this season is unquestionably poorer this year, but the “median” quality is insane. If you’re even half a length off your stride you will get punished.
If we can't win these games then there's no hope for us at all.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I mean the evidence tells us we can. I am worried about the apparent lack of a planB though as I expect more and more teams to just use this blueprint against us second half of the season. Feel like this is being lost on some of the moral high grounders that are banging on about the first half of the season. This isn’t the first half anymore… can’t expect to use the same strategy and surprise them a second time. As a wise man once said…

1676144901298.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes, but tbf we have been winning those games, it's only really the last two games in which we've slipped.

Everton is completely understandable, that happens from time to time (new manager comes in, has a bounce and his style of play is the total worst for us). Brentford we really should've held on after leading but again I chalk it to inexperience.

We've got a tough run of City, Villa Away, Leicester Away and we play Everton again. I think we need to see how we clear this run before we start worrying.

We just need to relax a bit for now.

ronaldo-calma.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I mean the evidence tells us we can. I am worried about the apparent lack of a planB though as I expect more and more teams to just use this blueprint against us second half of the season. Feel like this is being lost on some of the moral high grounders that are banging on about the first half of the season. This isn’t the first half anymore… can’t expect to use the same strategy and surprise them a second time. As a wise man once said…

View attachment 13035

Christ, Bush absolutely butchered that saying didn't he. Thank fully J. Cole saved it:

"Fool me three times, **** the peace sign. Load the chopper, let it rain on you".

But to your point, I don't think it's really lost on anybody, I just think the doom and gloom is a teeny bit too excessive in response to our last two games.

If we continue not being able to break teams down (so it happens two times more against low blocks) then that's when you start drawing conclusions that we might be f*cked.

But don't forget that we scored against Brentford, so we did break them down, it's just that we conceded a silly goal.

Yes adjustments are needed but really, we'll need to see how we respond, this season's history proves that we can do it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yes, but tbf we have been winning those games, it's only really the last two games in which we've slipped.

Everton is completely understandable, that happens from time to time (new manager comes in, has a bounce and his style of play is the total worst for us). Brentford we really should've held on after leading but again I chalk it to inexperience.

We've got a tough run of City, Villa Away, Leicester Away and we play Everton again. I think we need to see how we clear this run before we start worrying.

We just need to relax a bit for now.

ronaldo-calma.gif
If we don't clear that run we're done. That is why I asked, do people honestly see us going away to Anfield and winning? Going away to the Etihad or St. James Park? Or even at home against Chelsea. Because that's what it's going to take if we can't win against the lesser sides. People think this is moaning but it's acknowledging the fact that every relatively "winnable" game you don't win, you end up needing a win at a FAR more difficult place to compensate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we don't clear that run we're done. That is why I asked, do people honestly see us going away to Anfield and winning? Going away to the Etihad or St. James Park? Or even at home against Chelsea. Because that's what it's going to take if we can't win against the lesser sides. People think this is moaning but it's acknowledging the fact that every relatively "winnable" game you don't win, you end up needing a win at a FAR more difficult place to compensate.
We've beaten Sp**s twice. Chelsea away. Liverpool and United at home.

We lost a random match against United when we were the better team. We drew with Newcastle which is no bad result given the form they were in at the time.

There's nothing to say we can't beat Chelsea at home. Or Newcastle away if they hit a rough patch. There's no easy game in the PL and we see all the teams dropping points. United midweek. Us today. City before. Newcastle today. The league is difficult and you have to be on it every single game every single minute.

Let's see what Wednesday produces. But right now a draw for me isn't even a bad result. Anything that stops City gaining on us. Obviously a win would be a huge statement.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes but I didn't see us going to Stamford Bridge and winning, or going away to Tottenham and comfortably winning or even necessarily beating Utd at home (given history and their ascendency), I certainly didn't see us doing all of those things together.

We need to take this one game at a time mate; we don't play Liverpool till April, City away till late April, Newcastle till May.

We don't even necessarily have to win all of those games either, remember that a draw will be a good result in most of those circumstances so I'm not buying that things are so bad.

Let's clear the run first then we can think about those other games.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
While some small adjustments are needed, if you adjust too much you'll end up throwing out the dishes with the dishwater. We need to get better at executing our plan A, part of that will be Jesus returning, part of it will be players becoming more familiar with the style of play and learning how to play against a low block. Got to stick with what we're doing and do it better, every team is terrified of playing us now and thats with good reason.

Going to Anfield and winning, definitely, they're completely disorganised and have no cohesion along with a rake of injuries. Etihad we can pull it off because City wont be going for a nil all draw or to snatch a winner against the run of play. Against Chelsea? Definitely, they're all over the place atm and have no identity.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's perfectly natural to be concerned about our form and what could happen if we wobble further in these next few fixtures. The reality is that we had before the last couple of matches played about as well as we can play while City have played about as poorly as they can play and we've now thrown away 2 chances to ensure that if City do get their act together, they can't catch us. Now we're in a position where they can catch us pretty quickly without even hitting the kind of form we've seen them hit numerous times in the 2nd half of a season to win the title. Yes, they've looked poor for most of the season and yes, that may continue but we can't take for granted that it will. The bottom line is that we blew a golden opportunity to put some real daylight between ourselves and them and now our margin of error is thinner than it should be. That's not being gloom and doom or afraid of a title scrap, that's objective reality and anyone not concerned by how poor our football has been for weeks now is not being realistic.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

It happens.

Man Utd 96/97 - back to back defeats of 5-0, 6-3 and 2-1. Still won the league.

We won the league in 01/02 with a run that included 3 draws sandwiched in between a 4-2 defeat at home to Charlton.

A defeat to Everton and drawing against the league's form team of Brentford is way too early to panic, but we do need the team to start stepping up soon.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom