• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It happens.

Man Utd 96/97 - back to back defeats of 5-0, 6-3 and 2-1. Still won the league.

We won the league in 01/02 with a run that included 3 draws sandwiched in between a 4-2 defeat at home to Charlton.

A defeat to Everton and drawing against the league's form team of Brentford is way too early to panic, but we do need the team to start stepping up soon.
2001/02 okay maybe, 87 points won the title. 96/97 United won the title with 75 points. Really depends on if City become City.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Can we just please never sign Chelsea players again.

Since Jorginho we have been dogshit.
I sincerely hope people are joking when they say this. I'm not a fan of Jorginho but he's only played 37 minutes since coming here. The entire team doesn't regress by Jorginho being on the bench ffs.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I sincerely hope people are joking when they say this. I'm not a fan of Jorginho but he's only played 37 minutes since coming here. The entire team doesn't regress by Jorginho being on the bench ffs.
No they just seem to bring some voodoo curse to our club anytime they come near us.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
We are the youngest team in the league also.

The future is bright.

If it’s not to be this season we still have years of players reaching their potential.

Jesus signed a 5 year contract with us.

We’re only starting.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The future is bright.

If it’s not to be this season we still have years of players reaching their potential.

We’re only starting.

Yes this is the @DUFFMAN I remember, forget all this stuff about Chelsea players; we are still very much in it this season and even if we don't do it, I can only see us getting better.

I think there's much to be positive about regarding the future, I honestly do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

The future is bright.

We’re only starting.

Important to remember this (especially after a poor bit of form) if this season does go badly, this is the beginning of this team not the end of it.

Still hope we can do it this season obviously, but we have a 5 year period now to really push for as many trophies as possible...why it's important to win the Europa this season if we can win the Prem, we need as much silverware as possible in this period.

Bradpiff

The future is bright.

We’re only starting.

I remember reading posts like these back in the Walcott days, youth is nothing if they don’t win anything

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
One team doped up on 'new manager juice' + a monumental VAR error = 5 points lost. Is 'Arteta Luck' (tm) running out?

I'm up for the run-in, but then again I've seen us win the title - some of you may not survive.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
One team doped up on 'new manager juice' + a monumental VAR error = 5 points lost. Is 'Arteta Luck' (tm) running out?

I'm up for the run-in, but then again I've seen us win the title - some of you may not survive.
I guess the way we should look at it is....after these 2 **** results we are still 6 points clear. The incredible start has us with a margin of error. However we need to maintain that margin.

People forget we have rode our luck in matches. Leeds we should have lost. Had we lost that game but beat Brentford I dare say we wouldn't be as worried. Or had we drew with Chelsea away and beat Brentford the same.

You just can't win every game you are supposed too. While I think City will win comfortable today would you really put your house on it? I wouldnt.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

I guess the way we should look at it is....after these 2 **** results we are still 6 points clear. The incredible start has us with a margin of error. However we need to maintain that margin.

People forget we have rode our luck in matches. Leeds we should have lost. Had we lost that game but beat Brentford I dare say we wouldn't be as worried. Or had we drew with Chelsea away and beat Brentford the same.

You just can't win every game you are supposed too. While I think City will win comfortable today would you really put your house on it? I wouldnt.
Agreed on all points and yes, I would bet your house on it.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Exactly. Utd are flying & could only draw at home against Leeds. There are no gimmes in this league & when you are at the mercy of VAR f*ck ups, these results will happen.

All is not lost. It's still in our favour, but we need to switch on again, & quickly.

AmsterdamGunner

Important to remember this (especially after a poor bit of form) if this season does go badly, this is the beginning of this team not the end of it.

Still hope we can do it this season obviously, but we have a 5 year period now to really push for as many trophies as possible...why it's important to win the Europa this season if we can win the Prem, we need as much silverware as possible in this period.
Even if this is just the beginning, you never know how many chances you get to win the premier league. If you have the chance you have to do everything to take it, being the youngest team shouldn’t be an excuse. Maybe our team will get better but also Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle will get stronger. It seems they are all in a transition phase now, like we were the last couple of years. They will all be much stronger the next couple years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even if this is just the beginning, you never know how many chances you get to win the premier league. If you have the chance you have to do everything to take it, being the youngest team shouldn’t be an excuse. Maybe our team will get better but also Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle will get stronger. It seems they are all in a transition phase now, like we were the last couple of years. They will all be much stronger the next couple years.
People said the same this year. And the year before.

Why should Chelsea not have been stronger this season but will guaranteed to be next? The same with United.

There are 0 guarantees in football.

Most peoples predictions for top 4 this season were in no order.

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
United/Sp**s.

At least 2 of those teams are nowhere near. The margins in the PL are so fine that a 5% drop off can see you drop by 3 or 4 places. Poor signings that on paper looked good. A manager running his course. So many variables.

Plus it's not like we, as a club, aren't trying to win or make the most of this opportunity. We are but you are fighting against other teams with their own objectives. All the will in the world doesn't guarantee wins.

Haphazard

I think Arteta needs to rotate a bit and try something different, in the last 2 games we did not play well because they nullified our threats quite well. I think he should try to fast track Viera , start Trossard and Tomi as well cos Martinelli and White look a bit tired to me.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

I think Arteta needs to rotate a bit and try something different, in the last 2 games we did not play well because they nullified our threats quite well. I think he should try to fast track Viera , start Trossard and Tomi as well cos Martinelli and White look a bit tired to me.

Fast track Vieira for the title run-in?
Danny Devito Smh GIF

AmsterdamGunner

People said the same this year. And the year before.

Why should Chelsea not have been stronger this season but will guaranteed to be next? The same with United.

There are 0 guarantees in football.

Most peoples predictions for top 4 this season were in no order.

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
United/Sp**s.

At least 2 of those teams are nowhere near. The margins in the PL are so fine that a 5% drop off can see you drop by 3 or 4 places. Poor signings that on paper looked good. A manager running his course. So many variables.

Plus it's not like we, as a club, aren't trying to win or make the most of this opportunity. We are but you are fighting against other teams with their own objectives. All the will in the world doesn't guarantee wins.
I understand what you say but you are blind if you don’t see that Man Utd, Newcastle and Chelsea are in a transition phase with new managers and a lot of new players in the last year and probably next year. Liverpool and Man City are also in transition because the teams they had a lot of success with are getting older and need new players to replace them.

Ofcourse that doesn’t garantee that they will be stronger in the next couple of years, i’m not talking about next year, but it’s a big chance they will be stronger. This year the PL is much more even, just look at Brentford, Fulham and Brighton, but I think this is not because Brentford, Fulham or Brighton are so much stronger, the top teams are weaker this year.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I very much doubt whether we'll replicate the 50 points in 19 games of this season. That's a generational return for a team like ours. We might be a better team next season but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll have a better shot than this one to win the league. In fact I don't think we will. For me we'll rue this missed opportunity like we rue the 2007/08 and 2015/16 seasons if we don't succeed.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Reasoned take, excellent.

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I very much doubt whether we'll replicate the 50 points in 19 games of this season. That's a generational return for a team like ours. We might be a better team next season but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll have a better shot than this one to win the league. In fact I don't think we will. For me we'll rue this missed opportunity like we rue the 2007/08 and 2015/16 seasons if we don't succeed.
We still have 17 games to play ffs.

Top Bottom