• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

One thing is that we can't go to Anfield needing to win. We need to go to Anfield and try to avoid a defeat there. If we go there chasing a win, we might get blown away. Liverpool have shown that on their day they can still destroy any team at home even though they've largely been ****e this season.

Tbf even if we somehow lose at Anfield, I hope the team are not disheartened as we can still win the title regardless of whether we lose at Anfield + the Etihad. Will be interesting to see how the team manage to bounce back from that as I think there will be an overreaction from our fanbase and the media.

Pretty certain that City won’t be perfect. Worst case scenario we have to get minimum a point from Liv, City and Newcastle then win the rest to get 91 points. Achievable.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Really Man City and possibly Liverpool are the only 2 fixtures where we could go there and play something like our best and still lose.

Man City are Man City, we know the quality they have.

Liverpool are weird. You wouldn't be surprised if they rolled over or if they came out playing like the great side from 2-3 years. They still have that in them in a one off game.

The other 8 fixtures, if we play anything close to our top level we win irrespective of what our opponents do.

WorldbestMartinelli

Not sure where the fear for loserpool is coming from? We clearly have a better first team than them and should go there with confidence to absolutely tear them apart.

Arteta hates to play for the draw. We have the least amount of draw games in the Epl.

The only way we drop points there is if the lads play the occasion and not the match. Jesus absolutely has to start that game tho.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The good thing is that Liverpool are still in with a chance of top 4. Hopefully we can match or better whatever result they get against City when we go to Anfield.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The good thing in that Liverpool fixture is that we can afford to draw, Liverpool can't. They need to win (depending on the city result the previous week). That could play into our hands.

Fabregasm

why worry about Liverpool? We broke many bad trend this season and one more coming your way. Double over Liverpool.

I'm more worried about Leeds for now

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

why worry about Liverpool? We broke many bad trend this season and one more coming your way. Double over Liverpool.

I'm more worried about Leeds for now

I think it’s fairly normal that some on here are unsure about our trip to Anfield especially as we haven’t won their in the PL since 2012. In that timeframe, we’ve conceded 32 goals at Anfield in the PL.

Despite how below par they’ve been this season, let’s not forget they have only lost one game at Anfield this season and conceded 9 goals there:

1299A466-8E64-481A-A2BA-29A31ED61BA4.jpeg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I was thinking actually Wolves might be good. Neves would be a dream signing for cheap and could rotate with Xhaka.

Leicester as well have a bunch of players. I like Outtarra from Bournemouth, been a stand out for them like Gnonto at Leeds.
Neves would be decent backup but I'd rather the little pricks career burn tbh

Ouattara and Gnonto either would be great, shame to see quality players waste away at trash clubs like that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We had some close calls at Anfield in between the maulings. Conceded last minute equalisers in 14/15 (against ten men) and 15/16.

Artemis

We had some close calls at Anfield in between the maulings. Conceded last minute equalisers in 14/15 (against ten men) and 15/16.
Those years were an absolute nightmare. Just a little bit of pressure and the team would collapse.

I'm very confident the team we have now wouldn't crumble under pressure if they're leading. If we are in front in the second half, I'm confident we can see it out.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I think it’s fairly normal that some on here are unsure about our trip to Anfield especially as we haven’t won their in the PL since 2012. In that timeframe, we’ve conceded 32 goals at Anfield in the PL.

Despite how below par they’ve been this season, let’s not forget they have only lost one game at Anfield this season and conceded 9 goals there:

View attachment 13710
Laughing at United, only 8 goals conceded at Old Trafford. So that means 27 away from home :lol:

gkoat

Not worried about city tbh, just that one guy that plays for them. I'd never wish misfortune on another player but luck can come and go. He's gotten the best of it so far this season, so bad luck will eventually come, maybe in the next 9 weeks.

Crazy to think of where the city from 21-22 would be on this year's table.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I'm still not that confident, why? Because we got really tricky away games and we've not been in this position for years.

But, we could actually do a madness at Newcastle, Liverpool and City and we got players in Jesus and Zini with experience from title challenges. Our overall play away this season has been a lot better than previous years.

The thing is that we struggle when teams sit back and try go for the counter, we struggled at least with Nketiah in the team. But right now with Trossard and Jesus back, I don't know if I feel confident or not tbh, maybe just scared to believe and not be disappointed later.

We'll see how it ends, let's keep supporting the boys and enjoy the moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Liverpool can beat them we could be 11 clear that weekend.

They’re going to be playing three times a week pretty much for the rest of the season.

Much rather be in our position than theirs now we’re back to 1 game a week.

Gunners1616

Really Man City and possibly Liverpool are the only 2 fixtures where we could go there and play something like our best and still lose.

The other 8 fixtures, if we play anything close to our top level we win irrespective of what our opponents do.

Chelsea & Brighton at home and Newcastle away are tough fixtures, even if Arsenal play at their best.

Actually i would classify Newcastle away with Liverpool and City away as the hardest tests we have got left.

Chelsea, Brighton and even the West Ham game, could easily be a trap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom