• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 102404

I’ve asked before, if we miss out on the title, does Arteta deserve to walk? Like we wanted him to walk last season?

That's crazy.
Top 4 with 80 points would be a great season and warrant Mikel continuing with his approach.

D

Deleted member 102404

How would you feel if we finished 4th, behind Newcastle and Sp**s?

Not very good! Because of being behind Sp**s.
But then I will feel quite disappointed if we don't win the title too ( I think our first team is better than City's)

However, my own parameters for being satisfied this season with where Mikel is taking the club remains 80 points, 80 goals, top 4. That would represent an accelerating improvement over last year, which was an improvement over the year before.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’ve asked before, if we miss out on the title, does Arteta deserve to walk? Like we wanted him to walk last season?
Can't believe I'm seeing stuff like this. That tweet especially, oh man! :thumbsup:

"Winning the league is the norm for Arsenal."

While it's almost 20 years since it was last won. :lol:

Do you think Klopp deserved to walk when City won the titles? It's a pointless question because the club has a certain expected path anyway, last year was back to UEL, and now it is back to UCL.

Missing top 4 was never going to get him sacked last season as it shouldn't have, because of the progression we saw. Now we see that it was clearly the right call, and I was saying that at the time too. If we for example this season have a very bad injury-crisis and miss top 4 again, I bet the club won't sack him then either. And I have also said they shouldn't.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think our first team is better than City'
No it isn't. :lol:
Their first xi is world class. The only player who is even close to starting for them for our team is Martinelli.

Going by your logic, if Arteta fails to win the title he'd have failed right?

D

Deleted member 102404

No it isn't. :lol:
Their first xi is world class. The only player who is even close to starting for them for our team is Martinelli.

Going by your logic, if Arteta fails to win the title he'd have failed right?

Our defence is better than theirs
I would take both our wide players over theirs
I would take Partey to start (at his best) in a combined team.

They are still favourites because of their experience. That’s all IMO.

I rate our players far higher than you do obviously.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I rate our players far higher than you do obviously.
Not sure this is really necessary tbh.

I rate our players. I just don't rate them above the best team in the world. Two of their squad players are starters in our team, that should be enough to rubbish your point. Like I said, by your logic, if we fail to win the league, then Arteta would have failed seeing that he has a better xi than City right?

It's your opinion though. You're entitled to it though.

D

Deleted member 102404

Not sure this is really necessary tbh.

I rate our players. I just don't rate them above best team in the world. Two of their squad players are starters in our team, that should be enough to rubbish your point. Like I said, by your logic, if we fail to win the league, then Arteta would have failed right seeing that he has a better xi than City right?

It's your opinion though. You're entitled to it though.

It’s just a fact not a dig.
I rate our players higher than you do - based on what you are saying.
I don’t view either Zinchenko or Jesus as just their squad players. By the same token you’d call Bergkamp an Inter squad player they didn’t want or Henry a Juve squad player they didn’t want. Football doesn’t work like that. Players can thrive in environments and systems that suit them.

… and no, that I think we have a better first team doesn’t mean we automatically have to finish above them. Experience, mindset, confidence is absolutely vital in football and City have that way beyond us. That’s why I said they are still favourites. Most of our players haven’t experienced a title run in.

I certainly think we CAN finish above City, though and am not on awe of their players at all. They are very beatable.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

0_GettyImages-1229527204.jpg

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think City are better than us player for player but we have a very balanced team that is really in tune with each other. City seem to have lost a little bit of that balance and cohesion this season with a few players leaving and a stylistic change to incorporate Haaland who feels a very un-City like player.

Riou

No, I'd say top 4 is the minimum & anything more is a bonus right now.

If we still top or close 2nd by end of Jan then its 100 % a fight for the title.

If we don't make it, no, Teta shouldn't go. From where he took the club over from to where it is now, hes turned it around.

We will surely be in CL next season & that was the aim. We only 14 games in, its massively naive to be of the opinion we should win it. Long way to go..

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see this being a title winning squad, unless we seriously add to it in January...it's just too small, with the amount of games we will have after the World Cup.

But maybe IT IS just me, we are doing better than I expected...but I haven't see us win the league since 2004, I haven't seen us properly challenge for it since 2008...maybe I just don't know what a title figghting squad is anymore, it's been too long 😅

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
No, I'd say top 4 is the minimum & anything more is a bonus right now.

If we still top or close 2nd by end of Jan then its 100 % a fight for the title.

If we don't make it, no, Teta shouldn't go. From where he took the club over from to where it is now, hes turned it around.

We will surely be in CL next season & that was the aim. We only 14 games in, its massively naive to be of the opinion we should win it. Long way to go..
For me personally, top 4 is no longer the minimum. I'll accept 2nd. No less.

As a team, we bottled it last season. And by "team" I'm including our management and recruitment apparatus, as that was part of it. I need to see evidence that we have learned from our mistakes and that we're progressing in all facets of the club. For us to come 3rd let alone 4th, from this position would be, in my opinion, a bottle job.

Not having it.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see this being a title winning squad, unless we seriously add to it in January...it's just too small, with the amount of games we will have after the World Cup.

But maybe IT IS just me, we are doing better than I expected...but I haven't see us win the league since 2004, I haven't seen us properly challenge for it since 2008...maybe I just don't know what a title figghting squad is anymore, it's been too long 😅
I hear you. I have been very shy of letting myself get carried away & I know there is a loooong way to go...but !!!

We have shown we are very tight defensively & our midfield functions very well. Our front 3 are all super dangerous & also work super hard - we just need them to start clicking together a bit more.

Look, we are winning a lot of games by small margins & that is down to our defensive unit being so good. If our forwards start really banging the goals, for other teams, that will be a scary proposition & we will have a very high functioning team to rival City.

I know we are only a few injuries away from the team losing functionality, but we just have to keep going & see what happens.

Hopefully the board see the situation & give Arteta whatever he needs to strengthen. January is massive for us - if we get to end of January & we are still top or close 2nd, it's all chips in.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Noticeable issue this, picked up in this brief analysis on how teams are looking to exploit our attacking shape to create counter attack opportunities.

Riou

That style of counter attack was always gonna be on against us, with the way we play now.

I am happy to have that "weakness" to be honest, as it allows us to really dominate games having Olek there...the benefits far outweigh it, imo.

Every team has a weakness in some way, tbh.

Top Bottom