• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That style of counter attack was always gonna be on against us, with the way we play now.

I am happy to have that "weakness" to be honest, as it allows us to really dominate games having Olek there...the benefits far outweigh it, imo.

Every team has a weakness in some way, tbh.
Something similar to how Sp**s outfox City all the time.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That style of counter attack was always gonna be on against us, with the way we play now.

I am happy to have that "weakness" to be honest, as it allows us to really dominate games having Olek there...the benefits far outweigh it, imo.

Every team has a weakness in some way, tbh.

We are going to give up counter attacks like that against us all season - that's the trade off with the way we play. We will eventually draw or lose a game or two because of a counter attack sucker punch but that's the breaks. As you say this style really allows us to dominant opposition teams.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I had a look at last year's PL table at MD14 and forgot that Chelsea were on top with 33 points...I wasn't paying too much attention to other teams last season, why did they fall away so sharply? They were scrapping for top 4 in the end, were their results unsustainable?

D

Deleted member 102404

I had a look at last year's PL table at MD14 and forgot that Chelsea were on top with 33 points...I wasn't paying too much attention to other teams last season, why did they fall away so sharply? They were scrapping for top 4 in the end, were their results unsustainable?

They went through a 9 game run - match day 15 to 23 - where they took 13 points from a possible 27, which put them 11 off the lead and only 5 ahead of 5th place. Too many draws (5) and also lost 2 of those 9 games. They couldn't score goals and the dressing room started to fall apart with Lukaku speaking out about not being happy and his move being a mistake.

Game 15 was against West Ham :alert: which they lost 3-2.

Cautionary tale.

quattro

didn't they start suffering when abramovic got sanctioned?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
:popcorn:
@Juan Matas Beard rn as he checks his phone upon landing down.

Korean Drama Crying GIF by The Swoon

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Love the overall underestimation of Arsenal after last season. We got a payback to City after they bought our players a decade ago.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They lost chillwell and Reece the same time and wing backs was huge in how they played

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Another factor people forget, is we've got the best defence. We've got the best structure and arguably the best personnel now. Gabriel-Saliba-White have been performing as good a unit as any around. We've got the best defensive record despite playing a high line. Only game we really got exposed was United with Partey unavailable.

City's defence this season in comparison has shown a lot of weak points and it's far from watertight.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Only other teams are allowed excuses around injuries according to the media in this country
Well they still reached the top 4 comfortably and were unlucky not to reach the CL semi finals. Point being they had better squad than us and that was proven. I don’t understand why our fans take offence with people saying we have weak squad

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do you believe this stuff? “FootyInsider”?

City sold a bigger player to a club who in the summer would’ve been seen as a bigger threat in Sterling/Chelsea.

I don’t think City care as long as the cash is coming in.
It's just logical, so I put it there, because it agrees with my logic.

Sterling had a year in contract, and he likely didn't want to change countries. Chelsea was his only UCL option who was willing to pay big wages. So City had to sell him there unless they wanted to lose him for free. Also I think they thought he was getting a bit past his prime because he has played for so long. And can replace him.

City surely didn't see Arsenal as any rival, so was okay to sell two rotation players here. I read their forums when there were these rumours, and almost all their fans wanted to keep Zinchenko and Jesus.

Do you think City will sell their rotation players here in the future if we are their biggest challenger for the title? What does your logic say?

Pretty sure they woudn't have sold players to Liverpool when they were both very equal title challengers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Another factor people forget, is we've got the best defence. We've got the best structure and arguably the best personnel now. Gabriel-Saliba-White have been performing as good a unit as any around. We've got the best defensive record despite playing a high line. Only game we really got exposed was United with Partey unavailable.

City's defence this season in comparison has shown a lot of weak points and it's far from watertight.
Actually Newcastle got the best defence this season

Top Bottom