• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Let’s see if City wins against sp**s first, can see them dropping points there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
18/19 PL Season

19 games Liverpool = 51 Points
20 games Man City = 46 points

22/23 PL season

19 games Arsenal = 50 points
20 games Man City = 45 points

This is why I'm still not super confident especially having to play them twice. We need at least 2-3 points (2 draws or 1W1L) from those fixtures.

That 18/19 season could've been a one off freakish occurance though. They won 17 out of the last 18 games but I don't think they've got more than 46 points in the second half of any season other than that one. Obviously it's possible but I'd say unlikely they'll do it again (a bit like our start this season).

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Let’s see if City wins against sp**s first, can see them dropping points there.

I wish. I've watched Sp**s' games vs. Villa, Palace, us, City and Fulham. Bar the first half vs. City and the second half vs. Palace (where they should've been down a few goals already) they haven't been convincing at all. Looked like a **** team devoid of confidence and ideas. Waiting for a disaster to happen until Kane saves their asses again.

Can't see that happening vs. City unfortunately. But one can hope.

amigo

Doesn't Arteta kind of have peps number?

Edit: turns out he only have his phone number

Didn't realize we won 1 and lost 13 of the last 14.

Bit nervous now.
This season we are rewriting all the narratives. This is a different Arsenal. Brighton away check, Brentford away check, Palace away check, Sp**s away check, Liverpool at home check, United at home check, Chelsea away check. I expect the trend of donating six points to City to stop we will at least draw one of the games. And that may be enough to stop them, with the gap we have over them.

Pepesuave

Hard to see City beating us at the Emirates! We had them last season until that joke red card to Gabriel and they still needed a last minute freak winner. We don't need to beat City...a draw will do just fine.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think our performances at home need to get better. We've leaked a lot of goals and have only two clean sheets. Yes we are scoring goals and getting away with it a bit but having a tighter defence is needed.
That's probably us rising to the challenge of taking the game to the opponent when we're at home. We can now afford to be more functional if necessary.

DasBootist

Hard to see City beating us at the Emirates! We had them last season until that joke red card to Gabriel and they still needed a last minute freak winner. We don't need to beat City...a draw will do just fine.
That match felt like a turning point for me with regards to Arteta's reign. We outplayed those steroids bastards in the first half and were deservedly one goal up. Second half killed it with some joke refereeing decisions (their penalty was soft af) but we still held on with ten men right until the end.

I reckon we'll do 'em at the carpet

Armige

Definitely trying to enjoy what is happening, but I'm also not as every game now means so much and it's very hard to be so overly nervous everytime we play.

bergholt

Haaland was quiet that day though

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The refs have been on our side by and large this campaign. Much like Leicester in 2015/16. They like an underdog to come through. It’s in their sub conscious.
Nah. They've still been trying. We're just scoring enough now to overcome it. I dont trust them especially after the yellow card they gave Arteta and the multiple fines we've gotten.

Bucephalus

Nah. They've still been trying. We're just scoring enough now to overcome it. I dont trust them especially after the yellow card they gave Arteta and the multiple fines we've gotten.
They've at least gotten back to a more neutral level of bad. By memory, without looking it up, I think we've gotten one penalty all year, and Saka somehow has more yellows than have been given for fouls against him. But at the same time, we're not seeing the super-soft penalties and soft reds being given against us. I'll take it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good that we are out of the cups early, don't have the squad for all these comps.

We can now focus on the league, with the Europa as a nice back up depending how the race with City goes...feel we will win a trophy this season no matter what now.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We have 3 games in a week starting with Brentford at H on Sat 11th Feb. If we can beat City at the Emirates and assuming both City and us win our respective games prior to our meeting then it would mean we go 8 points clear (with a game in hand) of City, not to mention the psychological advantage we would have.

I mean if we win that, I would suggest that we'd have a finger on the PL trophy.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom