• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Would have been nice to be 8 clear before they faced Sp**s, missed opportunity. Always thought till we beat them in the rearranged fixture still they are favorites, so obviously after this loss, I think the same. Hopefully Sp**s do us a favor.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I knew this would happen too, I was just waiting for us to drop points or lose again and people would lose their ****. This is the reality of a title race, we were never gonna just keep winning every week. People don't realise just how well we did post world cup against West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Sp**s and United getting 13 points when most predicted us to falter. Now we lose a game after that run and it's like everything that's gone before is thrown out the window and we'll revert back to last season.
Meltdown Mania. That December-January was really astonishing. On we go.

Like someone said, it would be better to have two games a week now that there is depth (or soon hopefully even more), to keep everyone sharp (too bad about the Thursday games though, not so much rest).

Looked like Arsenal was not sharp and Everton was almost perfect after a new manager (they're not a bad team). Was one of those games.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I knew this would happen too, I was just waiting for us to drop points or lose again and people would lose their ****. This is the reality of a title race, we were never gonna just keep winning every week. People don't realise just how well we did post world cup against West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Sp**s and United getting 13 points when most predicted us to falter. Now we lose a game after that run and it's like everything that's gone before is thrown out the window and we'll revert back to last season.

It's amazing how dramatic people are after one loss. We would have killed to be in this position in August.

It doesn't mean we can't be annoyed by the performance but if some people think we are just gonna roll up every week and win they have another thing coming.

If City can lose to Brentford and draw with Everton there's no reason or logic why we can't.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The last 6 PL seasons, the champions have lost the following amount of games...5, 2, 4, 3, 6, 3

Which on average is just under 4. A long way to go but its food for thought.

I just hope that Utd match hasn't got the team dreaming too much as that's when you start to tighten up & choke. We need to keep in the moment.

I fully believe this was a loss to a revved up Everton team with new manager bounce & a manager who knows what hes doing. I expect us to get back to business against Brentford.

Tnegs

The Everton game was a bit of a reality check to the team I’m sure Arteta and the boys will learn from it and come out stronger. You can’t afford to take your foot off the pedal in this league good thing is we have a week before the next game to analyze the match videos and prepare better for future fixtures. Good opportunity to make some changes too like bringing in Trossard and Tomi as starters.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What’s concerning is the 2 times we’ve faced really deep blocks we’ve failed to score. We’re going to see that a lot in the 2nd half of the season as we’re due to face so many bottom of the half teams … I hope we find the key to unlock them moving forward.
We need Jesus back asap
We've scored all games except two. And like half the teams in the league haven't scored vs Newcastle to be fair. We faced all the teams already and scored, not sure why it would be more difficult 2nd part of the season?

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We've scored all games except two. And like half the teams in the league haven't scored vs Newcastle to be fair. We faced all the teams already and scored, not sure why it would be more difficult 2nd part of the season?
Erm because stakes change in the 2nd half of the season? Going to West Ham (for e.g don’t know if we do, just first name that came to my head) in September is different to going there in April. We’re likely to see more tactics similar to what Everton did that arteta spoke about now..

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Erm because stakes change in the 2nd half of the season? Going to West Ham (for e.g don’t know if we do, just first name that came to my head) in September is different to going there in April. We’re likely to see more tactics similar to what Everton did that arteta spoke about now..
So you think teams just swap to 11 men behind the ball in the second season? I don't understand why they would just swap tactics to super defensive the last part of the season if they don't usually play like that?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

So you think teams just swap to 11 men behind the ball in the second season? I don't understand why they would just swap tactics to super defensive the last part of the season if they don't usually play like that?

It adds up. Plenty of teams at the start of the season would have dreams of winning, causing upsets and Europe. Come the tail end of the season, dreams are shattered and replaced by the cold, dark fear of relegation.

Also for teams we played early in the season, I doubt the next time we face them they’ll try to “play football” given they now know what we’re capable of.

Xoxo

I don't trust this club especially after the way we bottled 10 points lead in april last season, the likes of martineli and Ødegaard cannot be trusted. Hopefully city wins it if we bottle it

bergholt

Because injuries. In the first half of the season we didn’t have injuries. We know that because it’s in the past. In the second half of the season there’s no guarantee of the same good run with injuries because it’s in the future.

Rattata

Because injuries. In the first half of the season we didn’t have injuries. We know that because it’s in the past. In the second half of the season there’s no guarantee of the same good run with injuries because it’s in the future.
We had injuries in the first half of the season. Stop saying we didn't.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
What a let off. Hope the players are ready to grasp this opportunity with both hands.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom