• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ooooh so he's going to Barcelona for treatment . Probably break the land speed record at Anfield.
The obvious choice since the Norwegian national team was in Spain. I can be a very decent cynic, but I actually believe that light groin strain is real.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@MauveGunner I haven't had the chance to read all of it but is this reddit poster a neutral? There was some really poor / incorrect analysis wrt some of Arsenal's games for example:

“Arsenal were genuinely lucky to beat Brighton away…” lol, what? We were up 4-1 close to the 70 min mark. We battered Brighton and fully deserved the 3 points, Brighton's late surge notwithstanding.

“Chelsea lost to both Arsenal and City 1-0 in their first meeting and both games could have easily ended in draws.” Again, lol what? We absolutely battered Chelsea and it was a travesty that we didn’t put 3 past them.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
@MauveGunner I haven't had the chance to read all of it but is this reddit poster a neutral? There was some really poor / incorrect analysis wrt some of Arsenal's games for example:

“Arsenal were genuinely lucky to beat Brighton away…” lol, what? We were up 4-1 close to the 70 min mark. We battered Brighton and fully deserved the 3 points, Brighton's late surge notwithstanding.

“Chelsea lost to both Arsenal and City 1-0 in their first meeting and both games could have easily ended in draws.” Again, lol what? We absolutely battered Chelsea and it was a travesty that we didn’t put 3 past them.
Stumbeled upon by accident while watching the latest video of Football Iconic, it was linked from there. But I think he's an Arsenal fan writing this and swung the pendulum a bit too far not to come across as too biased. But the overall piece has some food for thought and discussions.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Perhaps unpopular opinion to share in these quarters right now after seeing all the positive statistics, but if we win against Leeds and go 11 points clear, man city’s mentality could be something like- “we have two games in hand, that could make it 5 points behind, we have Arsenal at home, could be 2 points behind, they have Liverpool, Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle to play.”

Whilst I’m bubbling that we’re in a title race, I don’t want to think that it’s in our hands until our opponents, City, no longer think that it’s in their hands, and for now I don’t think they will feel that it’s out of their control.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Perhaps unpopular opinion to share in these quarters right now after seeing all the positive statistics, but if we win against Leeds and go 11 points clear, man city’s mentality could be something like- “we have two games in hand, that could make it 5 points behind, we have Arsenal at home, could be 2 points behind, they have Liverpool, Brighton, Chelsea, Newcastle to play.”

Whilst I’m bubbling that we’re in a title race, I don’t want to think that it’s in our hands until our opponents, City, no longer think that it’s in their hands, and for now I don’t think they will feel that it’s out of their control.
You sound like Redcafe saying "It's weirdly in our hands" and assuming us dropping loads of points while they go on a perfect run is a certainty.

Mohamed7

We did win the league in 97/98 in a similar circumstances where United had a good lead and a number of games ahead of us. We took control of our destiny when we won the Old Trafford match despite us having two/three matches in hand. Won them and United dropped even more points.

It means very little for us. All it takes is for them to win now till after our Etihad match and us drop points at Anfield. FA Cup is against Shef United which they will heavily rotate.

For me, it simpler than other predictions, we must better their result against Liverpool or at least match it if they do win. We must have 4 or more points lead before we play them (counting their games in hand as wins). Four more matches after that which I really believe we will win. We simply cannot allow them to have the title in their destiny. In that scenario, they haven’t failed last few seasons while Pool was chasing them.

MikeVinna

Established Member

That could work to their disadvantage just as well. Games in hand aren’t guaranteed points. Soon as they drop points in one of them they could unravel.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Foden apparently going under the knife to get his appendix taken out. Would that likely see him miss a couple of weeks action for City or is it relatively simple and quick?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom