• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We still have 17 games to play ffs.
Say It Again Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia

Goddamn

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I guess the way we should look at it is....after these 2 **** results we are still 6 points clear. The incredible start has us with a margin of error. However we need to maintain that margin.

People forget we have rode our luck in matches. Leeds we should have lost. Had we lost that game but beat Brentford I dare say we wouldn't be as worried. Or had we drew with Chelsea away and beat Brentford the same.

You just can't win every game you are supposed too. While I think City will win comfortable today would you really put your house on it? I wouldnt.
Agree. I think fans are mostly concerned with the mental effect of these defeats on the team, given how young our side is. Hopefully Mik has some Hollywood level pep talks in his pocket

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I understand what you say but you are blind if you don’t see that Man Utd, Newcastle and Chelsea are in a transition phase with new managers and a lot of new players in the last year and probably next year. Liverpool and Man City are also in transition because the teams they had a lot of success with are getting older and need new players to replace them.

Ofcourse that doesn’t garantee that they will be stronger in the next couple of years, i’m not talking about next year, but it’s a big chance they will be stronger. This year the PL is much more even, just look at Brentford, Fulham and Brighton, but I think this is not because Brentford, Fulham or Brighton are so much stronger, the top teams are weaker this year.
United have been in transition since Sir Alex left. Chelsea are bouncing around signing players for fun and look all over the place. City look weaker. Liverpool too. This idea that the top teams will only get stronger is false.

And one thing. We are where we are with 0 CL influence neither financially or luring top players. We will arguably be stronger and more stable next year.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agree. I think fans are mostly concerned with the mental effect of these defeats on the team, given how young our side is. Hopefully Mik has some Hollywood level pep talks in his pocket
1 defeat and 1 draw in the league. If that affects them they aren't worth a ****.

And let's look at the end of last season. We collapsed and that hasn't seemed to affect them this season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I very much doubt whether we'll replicate the 50 points in 19 games of this season. That's a generational return for a team like ours. We might be a better team next season but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll have a better shot than this one to win the league. In fact I don't think we will. For me we'll rue this missed opportunity like we rue the 2007/08 and 2015/16 seasons if we don't succeed.
The bottom line is. The best team wins the league.

If we finish 2nd this season it's because our team, our level, our management and everything else deserved to finish 2nd.

People are acting like we are choosing to lose games. Its football. It's a 38 game season for a reason to elimate 1 of wins being the deciding factor. We weren't good enough in either of the years you said. The table doesn't lie.

People need to stop looking at individual results and look at total points total. And that means we are and have been the best team all season. Let's not read more into it than needs to be.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We cant be expected to win every game. Its unrealistic.

Look at City for instance. They drew at home to Everton & got beat by Brentford at home. They are at home against Villa today, but could only draw with them away..

The race to the title is rarely linear & there will be blips like this. Its inevitable. What we do know is that at some point we will turn it around.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
One team doped up on 'new manager juice' + a monumental VAR error = 5 points lost. Is 'Arteta Luck' (tm) running out?

I'm up for the run-in, but then again I've seen us win the title - some of you may not survive.
7 points lost to VAR actually: 3 United A, 2 Leeds A and 2 yesterday.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I seriously tempting to not care anymore if we win or not because of multi var errors.

They seem want us to be perfect to win the league and for inexperienced team like us that impossible we need keep pushing tho but these errors will start take affect these 5-7 points is big margin not sure what more gonna happen

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The bottom line is. The best team wins the league.

If we finish 2nd this season it's because our team, our level, our management and everything else deserved to finish 2nd.

People are acting like we are choosing to lose games. Its football. It's a 38 game season for a reason to elimate 1 of wins being the deciding factor. We weren't good enough in either of the years you said. The table doesn't lie.

People need to stop looking at individual results and look at total points total. And that means we are and have been the best team all season. Let's not read more into it than needs to be.
Not sure what you are talking about. All I'm saying this is our best shot at winning a title given the start we've had and the competition we have around us. If we chalk up everything down to fate there's no point in coming to a football forum to talk about it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
7 points lost to VAR actually: 3 United A, 2 Leeds A and 2 yesterday.

Brentford is the worst of the lot. You can almost forgive a decision when there's an element of subjectivity to it. But yesterday, when we now play in a world where offsides are definite whether its inches or yards, to see a goal given because someone just couldn't be bothered to perform their one function.

I don't really know how to accept or process that.

Uncle Good-Advice

Our last three goals conceded?

United - from dubious corner kick
Everton - from dubious corner kick
Brentford - from dubious free kick (and VAR)

Believe me or not when Brentford player crossed that ball I was sure we're going to concede.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not sure what you are talking about. All I'm saying this is our best shot at winning a title given the start we've had and the competition we have around us. If we chalk up everything down to fate there's no point in coming to a football forum to talk about it.

I don't disagree that this may be our best shot. But just because its our best shot doesn't mean if we don't win the league we threw it away. Or we bottled it. Or we didnt want it enough. Or we will never have another opportunity again.

I can see a narrative starting to form already. This idea that if we don't win it this year it will never happen, and we are the worst team ever and that next year everyone will be better and we will be back to 7th or 8th again.

Everyone is looking at Chelsea and Liverpool doing poorly, Chelsea abit of a mess etc and thinking this is a Leicester like season. That couldn't be further from the truth.

My point is its a 38 game season. Some teams start well and fade. Some teams start slow and fly home. Very few maintain stable form all season. It's too early to draw any conclusions yet.

Let's just enjoy the ride.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom