• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

22 points from remaining 30 points? That achievable

To get that we have to beat Chelsea at the Emirates and get at least a point at one of St James’ Park, Anfield or the Etihad.

The rest are winnable games. Very confident if I’m honest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We need Liverpool to take something of City after the break. We also need to come away from the Etihad with something.

City's games arent actually too bad. The FA Cup game is like it doesn't even exist with drawing Sheffield United so can't even be considered when thinking of extra games.

I can see City getting 90 points. It's whether we can get 90 points with better goal difference or 91.

All to play for and we have ourselves in a good position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To get that we have to beat Chelsea at the Emirates and get at least a point at one of St James’ Park, Anfield or the Etihad.

The rest are winnable games. Very confident if I’m honest.
Yeah imo we should beat Brighton and Chelsea so in case we lose at Anfield or Manchester city wouldn't affect us much

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Can't see any team other than Liverpool and Brighton taking points off City. Liverpool are away from home where they've been crap all season. Brighton maybe our only hope apart from us avoiding defeat at the Etihad. City are still favorites for me too like @Yousif Arsenal said.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Staying the bleeding obvious but the game at the Etihad is crucial. Assuming they win their game in hand,

Win - Making up 8 points from 9 games would be too much.

Draw - Making up 5 points from 9 games I think we still do it.

Lose - Making up 2 points from 9 games with our harder run in City are favourites.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
we won, all the ****s that voted no should be called out
I voted no when the poll first changed because at the time our squad wasn't as good as it is now & we lack the experience of dealing with a title run in.

Those 2 factors are still things that massively go against us. If City get injuries they have such a good squad it wouldn't massively derail them. We have just about coped with all the injuries we've had but we are more vulnerable. For the run in, guys like Partey, Xhaka, Jesus & Zinny will be huge.

We CAN do it !!!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We need Liverpool to take something of City after the break. We also need to come away from the Etihad with something.

City's games arent actually too bad. The FA Cup game is like it doesn't even exist with drawing Sheffield United so can't even be considered when thinking of extra games.

I can see City getting 90 points. It's whether we can get 90 points with better goal difference or 91.

All to play for and we have ourselves in a good position.

Funnily City had 90 points on my predictor. So we won the title by 1 point :lol: as stressful as that would be, it would be sweet having them losing it by a whisker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't see any team other than Liverpool and Brighton taking points off City. Liverpool are away from home where they've been crap all season. Brighton maybe our only hope apart from us avoiding defeat at the Etihad. City are still favorites for me too like @Yousif Arsenal said.
I hope they don't go 11 from 11 if they drop points in 2-3 games we'll still have chance

Pop Tart

Established Member
I voted no when the poll first changed because at the time our squad wasn't as good as it is now & we lack the experience of dealing with a title run in.

Those 2 factors are still things that massively go against us. If City get injuries they have such a good squad it wouldn't massively derail them. We have just about coped with all the injuries we've had but we are more vulnerable. For the run in, guys like Partey, Xhaka, Jesus & Zinny will be huge.

We CAN do it !!!
we are still scoring goals and the boys look hungry. i think it go down to the wire but we do it

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Funnily City had 90 points on my predictor. So we won the title by 1 point :lol: as stressful as that would be, it would be sweet having them losing it by a whisker.
We have done really well to get the goal difference almost on par with City's.

I wouldn't rule out things being so tight that goal difference was important. I was so happy to see us with intent to keep scoring today and getting the other 2.

If Liverpool can manage a draw against City it almost means we can afford not to win at Anfield which is a nice weight of our minds.

We are picking up form and scoring goals. Out of all other competitions(obviously by design by mister Arteta). Just hope the internationals will be kind to us!

We are obviously the best team in the league at the moment. We should be going to Anfield and Ethiad and looking for wins because we can do it!

Badger_Revenge

To put things in perspective, city get 33 more points if they win all remaining games. That's 61+33= 94. That is the highest they can get.

Arsenal needs to go 8-1-1 if City are perfect. That gets them 26 points, or to 26+69 = 95. That's a pretty high rate of return (2.6 points/match), but Arsenal have hit that rate during a 13 match run earlier this year. It's not outlandish.

City has one more match to catch up, but also one more match to slip up. They already have one more loss and one more tie than Arsenal. They can add wins but they can't get rid of ties or losses from their record. Every single time they lose or tie, the prospects for Arsenal improve massively. A single loss for city and Arsenal only have to get 2.3 pts/match.

One of those extra matches for city is against Arsenal. That match must be seen as an opportunity for Arsenal, not as a risk. The pressure is on City. This team can beat city. They can certainly tie them at home.

I'm pretty confident.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Great season so far but certainly not gonna get carried away yet.
I honestly don't think you should start seriously thinking about title until 30 games played.
Last 8 games is where squeaky *** time really starts imho. While in double digits still long way out.

Why can't fans begin thinking about the title when Arsenal are 8 pts clear (with an extra game played) with 10 games to go?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Enjoy the next two weeks everyone, love your family and friends and try to enjoy life to the fullest in that time.

Because when the Prem returns, this is it, these next 10 games is everything for Arsenal and us...

milhouse-looking-glass.gif

...may God have mercy on us for what's about to come, because I am ****ing ready for this!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom