• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I just want to put it out there that whether or not we win the league, we are headed for what is to be our best premier league season since 2004 without a doubt. If we don’t win it I’d hate to see meltdowns, blame and such. This team, the manager, the coaching staff and the fans deserve only words of praise, whatever the outcome.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The issues with the Liverpool game are mostly psychological, and yes we must respect that. Liverpool are a dangerous team as United have recently seen, and if they get their chance they will be there to take it.

This is also a different Arsenal team though, and I think this game will be a good indicator of that.

Get the win here, and you will see a lot of opinions and conversations change on AM. Many posters are still very insecure about Arsenal, and its understandable. This game won, changes that big time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What were the bookies saying before the beginning of this season about Arsenal? That's why they are bookies and not coaches and tacticians who actually influence the game played.

There is a psychological and betting aspect to the fixture no doubt. But the game will be won on the field, by the quality of the team and tactics on the day.

If we execute our plans properly and largely nullify theirs, we will win. Forget what the bookies think.
Of course they can be wrong but time will tell. I'm not saying we cant/won't win.

All I was saying is based on the analyst Liverpool are favourite. Based on Anfield and our record there and their record there they are favourites.

I'm not going to waste my Sunday going through this with you. Again....if you know football you know Anfield is arguably the hardest place to go in the PL and get a result.

I'd take a draw at Anfield and a draw at City now if you offered me it. We need to leave those 2 games taking points of both whether that be 3 or 1.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The issues with the Liverpool game are mostly psychological, and yes we must respect that. Liverpool are a dangerous team as United have recently seen, and if they get their chance they will be there to take it.

This is also a different Arsenal team though, and I think this game will be a good indicator of that.

Get the win here, and you will see a lot of opinions and conversations change on AM. Many posters are still very insecure about Arsenal, and its understandable. This game won, changes that big time.
Nothing insecure about thinking that Liverpool away is a big match and won't be easy.

SA Gunner

Nothing insecure about thinking that Liverpool away is a big match and won't be easy.

Where have I said it will be easy and that its not a big match?

Im saying Arsenal supporters are insecure likely because of history, and I understand that. Its got nothing to do with the magnitude of our next tie.

You are allowed to have your opinion on matters of course. But please dont speak as though you are dealing with facts here, and then suggesting differing opinion is wrong.

As you said, its Sunday, I too dont have the energy to go through this with you yet again.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Weird to think if we were second, 15 points clear of 4th and CL football while being 8 points behind City we'd probably all be relaxed and absolutely buzzing with this season, not that we aren't buzzing more that it's difficult atm to really enjoy these games. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Im saying Arsenal supporters are insecure likely because of history, and I understand that. Its got nothing to do with the magnitude of our next tie.

You are allowed to have your opinion on matters of course. But please dont speak as though you are dealing with facts here, and then suggesting differing opinion is wrong.

As you said, its Sunday, I too dont have the energy to go through this with you yet again.

It's the same with the title race in general. People still assume we'll **** it up or City are gonna be flawless based on what's happened in the past. This is a different Arsenal side, the narrative was similar before Sp**s away. Liverpool are weaker than us in every position now. It comes down to how we deal with the situation, if we play to our best we've got more than enough no matter what Liverpool do and no matter how hard Liverpool fans sing YNWA before being silent for 90 minutes.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Of course they can be wrong but time will tell. I'm not saying we cant/won't win.

All I was saying is based on the analyst Liverpool are favourite. Based on Anfield and our record there and their record there they are favourites.

I'm not going to waste my Sunday going through this with you. Again....if you know football you know Anfield is arguably the hardest place to go in the PL and get a result.

I'd take a draw at Anfield and a draw at City now if you offered me it. We need to leave those 2 games taking points of both whether that be 3 or 1.

Agreed & that was back before Klopp set up shop there making things exponentially more difficult.

It is for this reason that I believe a win there will all but give us the title. Imagine the boost from winning at the ground where none of the current team were actually involved with the club the last time it happened!!

89, our 2002 double-winning & Invincible seasons had one common result, victories at Anfield.

It has always been a battleground where Arsenal's title ambitions were decided.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Weird to think if we were second, 15 points clear of 4th and CL football while being 8 points behind City we'd probably all be relaxed and absolutely buzzing with this season, not that we aren't buzzing more that it's difficult atm to really enjoy these games. :lol:

Yep, I've not felt this anxiety about an Arsenal PL season since we were last in with a chance, when Leicester won it.

It's good, but it's also horrible. If you know what I mean!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

No you are trying to criticise people (talking about people being insecure) because they acknowledge Liverpool is tough.

The things I have said.
-the majority of bookies have Liverpool favourites (FACT that can't be argued)
- Liverpool will be a tough match (opinion based on previous history which can of course be changed).
-Anfield is a difficult place to get 3 points.

There's literally nothing above in those points to disagree with. Anyway enjoy your Sunday wherever in the world you are.

SA Gunner

It's the same with the title race in general. People still assume we'll **** it up or City are gonna be flawless based on what's happened in the past. This is a different Arsenal side, the narrative was similar before Sp**s away. Liverpool are weaker than us in every position now. It comes down to how we deal with the situation, if we play to our best we've got more than enough no matter what Liverpool do and no matter how hard Liverpool fans sing YNWA before being silent for 90 minutes.

Its why I laugh when I hear City fans talk, even some professional pundits. City will win it, because well they are City and Arsenal are, well Arsenal.

At least come with something tangible that will actually stop us in our tracks....

Like injuries to key players for extended periods.
Like poor performances, which translates to losses/draws and subsequent confidence dropped.
Like corruption to stop us.

Dont talk to me about fairytales like its tradition to lose at Sp**s, the Etihad or Anfield. If that were the case, Arsenal might as well save the legs, forfeit the game and hand over the 3 points.

SA Gunner

No you are trying to criticise people (talking about people being insecure) because they acknowledge Liverpool is tough.

The things I have said.
- Liverpool will be a tough match (opinion based on previous history which can of course be changed).

There's literally nothing above in those points to disagree with. Anyway enjoy your Sunday wherever in the world you are.

Bro... Bookies have ZERO influence on a game, unless they are involved in match fixing. Do you know something I dont here? I get that you value bookies, I do too, but ultimately they mean nothing on the field of play.

Calling our supporters insecure is not an insult, its an acknowledgement that we have been through some tough times which brings that about. But more importantly its understandable that we feel that way.

I think we think about the game in different ways and that's fine. I have no interest in convincing you of anything.

Lets just sit back and wait for Anfield and discuss what happens thereafter partner.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
They slapped Utd for 7. Shows that you can’t take Liverpool’s poor form into consideration. It’s Anfield and they will turn up for us. You have to assume it’s a Liverpool that will be as good as they’ve been in recent seasons. We can definitely win but we will have to be at our best.

SA Gunner

They slapped Utd for 7. Shows that you can’t take Liverpool’s poor form into consideration. It’s Anfield and they will turn up for us. You have to assume it’s a Liverpool that will be as good as they’ve been in recent seasons. We can definitely win but we will have to be at our best.

Yup, Anfield and every single game needs us at our best, as we saw against the same stuttering Liverpool at the Emirates.

They are still a very good team.

Make no mistake, Arteta and team will be respecting Liverpool at Anfield and will be preparing heavily for that intense battle. But I dont want us to pretend as though we are just going there to lose because its Anfield. Football doesnt work that way.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Its why I laugh when I hear City fans talk, even some professional pundits. City will win it, because well they are City and Arsenal are, well Arsenal.

At least come with something tangible that will actually stop us in our tracks....

Like injuries to key players for extended periods.
Like poor performances, which translates to losses/draws and subsequent confidence dropped.
Like corruption to stop us.

Dont talk to me about fairytales like its tradition to lose at Sp**s, the Etihad or Anfield. If that were the case, Arsenal might as well save the legs, forfeit the game and hand over the 3 points.

This infuriates me to no end!!

Winning the title, God willing, will be doubly sweet because it ends 19 years of hurt & shatters this supposed invincibility that City are supposed to have.

Invincibility is an insurmountable mountain to climb for City, no matter how many billions they throw at it. They've neither the bearing nor the ability to do it.

SA Gunner

This infuriates me to no end!!

Winning the title, God willing, will be doubly sweet because it ends 19 years of hurt & shatters this supposed invincibility that City are supposed to have.

Invincibility is an insurmountable mountain to climb for City, no matter how many billions they throw at it. They've neither the bearing nor the ability to do it.

Unfortunately I dont think it ends there bro.

Even if we win the league, I predict pundits to talk about an "off season". The likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Sp**s and City all coming back strong and Arsenal being back out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed & that was back before Klopp set up shop there making things exponentially more difficult.

It is for this reason that I believe a win there will all but give us the title. Imagine the boost from winning at the ground where none of the current team were actually involved with the club the last time it happened!!

89, our 2002 double-winning & Invincible seasons had one common result, victories at Anfield.

It has always been a battleground where Arsenal's title ambitions were decided.
Yeah it would be a huge statement. We've won away to Sp**s (usually difficult because we often made it difficult and the difference in quality wasn't much). We won away to Chelsea who were a mixed bag.

We played better than United at OT but lost.

A draw away at Anfield is a decent result regardless. A win....and we would look pretty strong for winning the league. We would have to go to the Etihad for a draw but maybe the points difference would mean we could still lose and be top.

I said it yesterday in the Leeds thread when we seemed to be lowering our intensity at 3-0. I wanted more goals. Leeds were there to be smashed. We have a full week's rest for Liverpool. Get the goal difference up because that could be what wins this title. We are only 2 of City.

Henry boi

The things I have said.

Everyone is saying that game is not going to be easy but it can be done
Not sure what you want other posters to say, seems like you want us to give up and not even try
Loser mentality

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately I dont think it ends there bro.

Even if we win the league, I predict pundits to talk about an "off season". The likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Sp**s and City all coming back strong.

True enough. Which is why we'll simply have to reinforce in the summer & show the PL that this is a different iteration of Arsenal.

One that is well-drilled, disciplined & driven by a singular purpose, from the manager down to the Groundskeeping staff, to win!!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom