• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I'd actually completely forgotten draws were a thing! (what this team has done to me 🤣)
You are so right. It's certainly doable to draw against all of those. And if we draw against City then they drop 2 points too. 💪🏽

Exactly, so of City win all games and draw against us, we win the league by one point, if my calculations are correct.

IF we win against City, the league is done imo.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I'm worried about Arteta will get the manager of the month. Each time he get this prize we won't get the good results.

August : Arteta got the manager of the month => we lost against United
December : Arteta got the manager of the month => we draw against Newcastle
January: Arteta got the manager of the month => we lost against Everton, Man City and draw with Brenford

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tom Mix

Worst case scenario, we got to take that in mind, they've done this before.
Not these players they haven't. I don't buy into this scenario that it is easier to do something because somebody else wearing the same shirt did it before. We've got three doubles to our name and yet went nine years without a trophy. When we started our trophyless run we had a hell of a lot of players who had won the double with us.

My concern is that they have a much easier run-in than us and a bigger squad. My consolation is that they have more games to play - including a very tough draw in CL, ideally they scrape through against Bayern, perhaps on penalties and then they face Madrid. That may play to our advantage although the scheduling is kind to them (surprise).

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Not these players they haven't. I don't buy into this scenario that it is easier to do something because somebody else wearing the same shirt did it before. We've got three doubles to our name and yet went nine years without a trophy. When we started our trophyless run we had a hell of a lot of players who had won the double with us.

My concern is that they have a much easier run-in than us and a bigger squad. My consolation is that they have more games to play - including a very tough draw in CL, ideally they scrape through against Bayern, perhaps on penalties and then they face Madrid. That may play to our advantage although the scheduling is kind to them (surprise).

I understand what you are saying, but, I want to be as safe as possible and not rely on City, as long as we get between 91-95 points, we should be good. I don't think that City will get 31 out of 33 points, BUT they're the only team that are capable of doing that.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I'm worried about Arteta will get the manager of the month. Each time he get this prize we won't get the good results.

August : Arteta got the manager of the month => we lost against United
December : Arteta got the manager of the month => we draw against Newcastle
January: Arteta got the manager of the month => we lost against Everton, Man City and draw with Brenford

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Superstitious nonsense

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He's right

We really need to win at Anfield and St James' Park 😬. It's not impossible but extremely difficult 😬
Have to beat Newcastle. Ultra important we do. Could afford a loss at Anfield as long as we get at least a draw at the Etihad and the title is as good as ours. Think we will smash Chelsea so not worried about that game.

Artemis

I'd actually completely forgotten draws were a thing! (what this team has done to me 🤣)
You are so right. It's certainly doable to draw against all of those. And if we draw against City then they drop 2 points too. 💪🏽
I think a draw is a good enough result definitely but Anfield is very unlikely to end up as a draw. Liverpool play far too open a game. Klopp doesn't know how to play any other way even with his sub-standard defenders.

We have to exploit the spaces and ruthlessly punish them like Real Madrid did. They will have no chance against Saka and Martinelli.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Exactly. I think it's genuine for one- Haaland is hungry and a winner. No way would he fake an injury to get out of international duties.

Two: unpopular opinion but even though the man is scoring an insane amount of goals City are not as good a team in their new set up. They used to be so creative and exciting with their goals.
Here's a more unpopular opinion. What if he is actually carrying the team and they are in fact worse off without him.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Am i the only one who thinks we wont have that much trouble at Newcastle? They've not been as solid as they were before. The Liverpool one is more worrying but I think we'll get a win there too.
I also think we will beat Newcastle i think Anfield and City matches even are not out reach. Not saying we will get 9 out of 9 but we could win two of those matches, i could easily see us getting 5 or 6 though

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He's right

We really need to win at Anfield and St James' Park 😬. It's not impossible but extremely difficult 😬

Think we win both games if we have our full side available.

I really respect Klopp though, he always finds a tactical plan to surprise us on the day. If we get through that successfully, we will win at Anfield.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Think we win both games if we have our full side available.

I really respect Klopp though, he always finds a tactical plan to surprise us on the day. If we get through that successfully, we will win at Anfield.
If we win at City, and at Anfield what a way to win the title. We are too big a club to have the record we do against these two teams. A win at either culminating with a league title will be better for me than the Invicibles. You expected that team to win and dominate and it was the close of an era, a culmination point. But winning it with youngest side in league and breaking our **** on the road against one or both those teams would surpass the Invincibles. This would be a much more frightening result for our rivals for youngest team in league to win it all, it would signal an era where the balance of power would be altered. In away the Invincibles as great as they were didn’t. That didn’t feel like the start of a new era but the end of one, this has the opposite feeling

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

And once we win the league it will continue, until we suffer another tangible setback. Next season it will be things like… It was a Leicester season, wait for the Champions League and a game every three days, the real Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Sp**s, Newcastle will be back. Then injury talk again, and whatever else they can think of.

Just wait for next seasons top 4 predictions. You’ll see us out of those yet again.

It’s so much easier to see what’s actually going on and why Arsenal have improved the way they have. It’s visible on the field this season, it was already visible last season (go back and watch us vs City at the Emirates on New Year’s Day 2022).

People either couldn’t see the improvements last season, or didn’t want to see the improvements (remember the uproar when Arteta was extended before season’s end?).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
10 games to go. 5 games at home, 5 games away. I think it is more about focus than desire at this point.

Teams plan out their season and predict points they are willing to accept to achieve their goals. Currently a win vs us is a bonus. A draw is a good result. Of the teams we have left to play, only 2 of them desperately need a win. City and Liverpool. I don't think Newcastle would be unhappy with a 5th place finish in terms of their progression, so I don't see them leaving spaces for us to play.

That means 8 of the 10 teams will play for a draw and look to frustrate and capitalise off set pieces. They also know we need to win, so slowing things down and disrupting the flow of the game is all in their intention.

The key for us is to remain focused and remain unphased. Above all else. The most important factor. Can we get the first goal?

Get the first goal and prevent them from having something to hold. They will need to commit forward.

More about us, less about City. That's how it has been all season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We are currently at 2.46 PPG, Man City have 2.26 PPG. Given our tougher schedule I'm not sure we will continue like that, but even if we drop to a PPG of 2.2 (meaning we'll get 22 points from the next 30) we will finish on 91 points. City would have to win 10 out of their 11 games AND better our goal difference. This would be an increase of their PPG to 2.73, which would be massive.

The 22 points therefore will probably be enough. So 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. A hard ask? Maybe. We have to be resilient and determined like we were the last couple of weeks vs. Palace and Fulham. We only play once a week. If we are, I'm confident we'll get the wins vs. Leeds (h), West Ham (a), Southampton (h), Forest (a), Wolves (h). That leaves us needing 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 possible losses vs Liverpool (a), City (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Brighton (h).

Still, it's all theoretical and it will change every game. If Liverpool get something at the Etihad, which I highly doubt, the Emirates will be rampant before our 3 P.M. kick-off vs. Leeds. A win then would mean:

1. Arsenal 29 - 72
2. City 28 - 62

That would be massive for our chances, given that City also still have some potential banana skins and a congested fixture list.

Anyway, to summarize:

Oh No Wow GIF by DAZN

Top Bottom