• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Just got back to the stadium. The atmosphere was fantastic today. It felt like we had all gotten over what went wrong, and could just appreciate all the good.

Fans stayed for a good 25 minutes afterwards, and it took ages to clear out. DJ guy playing music outside the armory after, lot of people hung around dancing by the cannon roundabout.

Crowd were very loud for a game like this, and I think the fans at the games are full of belief for what's next.

Massive appreciation for Xhaka and his turnaround, lots of love directed at him. He deserves the respect.

Haven't seen the broadcast yet so I don't know if they have broadcast Artetas speech. Seemed really choked up and emotional, couldn't speak for a while to begin with because of crowd noise.

I wish we'd won the whole thing, but I've been a season ticket holder for a long time, and I'll look back at this season positively as what I am certain is a turn of the tides.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Just got back to the stadium. The atmosphere was fantastic today. It felt like we had all gotten over what went wrong, and could just appreciate all the good.

Fans stayed for a good 25 minutes afterwards, and it took ages to clear out. DJ guy playing music outside the armory after, lot of people hung around dancing by the cannon roundabout.

Crowd were very loud for a game like this, and I think the fans at the games are full of belief for what's next.

Massive appreciation for Xhaka and his turnaround, lots of love directed at him. He deserves the respect.

Haven't seen the broadcast yet so I don't know if they have broadcast Artetas speech. Seemed really choked up and emotional, couldn't speak for a while to begin with because of crowd noise.

I wish we'd won the whole thing, but I've been a season ticket holder for a long time, and I'll look back at this season positively as what I am certain is a turn of the tides.
Spot on mate. Only one team can win the league. Any connection built between club and fans is a positive.

Few good players over the line in summer and we go again.

Hopefully meet you for a pint some time august/September when I get over again. Lovely section your in mate. The lads are lovely bunch!!

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Spot on mate. Only one team can win the league. Any connection built between club and fans is a positive.

Few good players over the line in summer and we go again.

Hopefully meet you for a pint some time august/September when I get over again. Lovely section your in mate. The lads are lovely bunch!!

Any chance I get to have a drink and chat about Arsenal, with the added bonus of a day off being dad and husband, will be gratefully taken up on!

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Of all the teams I watched this season Leeds were by far the most dysfunctional.

From the get go they blow 50m on Aaronson and Tyler Adams, a bunch more Salzburg players like one big experiment.

They also played the most chaotic unstructured football, absolute shambles defending and the worst finishing from their forwards. I actually hated watching them play and usually I can find some sort of reason to watch a random PL game.

Didn't even sign a proper PL type striker like Awonyi who could have probably made some of their pinball tactics turn to goals, instead they stick with Bamford, a guy absolutely stealing a living in this league. I'm getting angry typing this not sure why but they are a complete joke. How can you spend 25m on a kid from Bundesliga in January who has scored like 3 goals and then get Allardyce?

Should have begged Bielsa to make some sense of this mess again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of all the teams I watched this season Leeds were by far the most dysfunctional.

From the get go they blow 50m on Aaronson and Tyler Adams, a bunch more Salzburg players like one big experiment.

They also played the most chaotic unstructured football, absolute shambles defending and the worst finishing from their forwards. I actually hated watching them play and usually I can find some sort of reason to watch a random PL game.

Didn't even sign a proper PL type striker like Awonyi who could have probably made some of their pinball tactics turn to goals, instead they stick with Bamford, a guy absolutely stealing a living in this league. I'm getting angry typing this not sure why but they are a complete joke. How can you spend 25m on a kid from Bundesliga in January who has scored like 3 goals and then get Allardyce?

Should have begged Bielsa to make some sense of this mess again.
Bamford was shocking for them in that run in. Don't know why they didn't just put Rodrigo as a 9.

Not too many, if any from Leeds I'd take at Arsenal. Southampton and Leicester have a few interesting players but Leeds just a dead loss.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very good season, even with the little drop off at the end (our best in 8 years since 2014-2015 at a minimum, so definitely heading in the right direction)

Next thing to do now is to make sure we build on this and don't look back on it like Sp**s probably look back on 2015-2016, where they got back in the Top Four but then over the next few years after it they won nothing...we can't that happen to us, not with how strong we are financially right now.

If we want this group to be remembered as a "good" team, then over the next 2/3 years we need to keep pushing the best teams in the league (stay in the Top Four) and at least win a few FA Cups/League Cups/Europa Leagues (if we ever drop out of the Champions League group we are in) at the very least.

But if we want this team to be remembered as a "great" team, then we need to win one of the big two (Premiership/Champions League) we need to put some silverware in the cabinet now, can't let this chance pass us by...we need something in the form of trophies, as that's what it's all about.

But we are in a great position to do that now, so plenty to be excited about...let's regroup over the summer, strengthen where necessary and come back with the same fire we had this year but also with a bit more experience/control too.

Very happy with where my club is right now!

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Not been on here in a while. Imagine it's been fairly toxic. In the end it's even more frustrating seeing as City dropped points.

6 points is all we needed. Convert the West Ham & Liverpool 2 goal leads into wins & get a win against lowly Forest or Saints & that's all it would have taken.

It's all shoulda woulda coulda.

Arteta must be raging inside.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It has been a really disappointing end to the season. But nothing else to do than dusting ourselves down and go next season again.

Overall this season has been great fun. Some really great games. For me Nelson's and Jorginho's late goals were the highlights. Nelson's will always be etched in my memory. What a sweet strike! 🔥
Same.
It was moments like those that probably gave us all hope we might actually go & do it.

In the end our weaker squad & inexperience told.

I still think if we had taken 3 points at Anfield it would have been a different story.

Gutted is an understatement.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I still think if we had taken 3 points at Anfield it would have been a different story.
That and how we dropped points in the two subsequent games while City went on their end of season run. Think the players lost belief. They have to learn from this as I am sure they will. It will serve as energy for next season! 🙏

MikeVinna

Established Member
Second place is great it really is. But I’m still gutted. I tend to dwell on the past a bit too much so it’ll probably take until the first pre-season matches to shake off the disappointment.

Let’s just hope we make more progress and don’t lose anyone important in the coming months. Need Saliba to sign most of all!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really enjoyable season. Came out of pre-season firing and played some really electric stuff throughout. Would never have predicted what was to come at this time last year.

Same as everyone else I'm sure, to be gutted to miss out on the title but at the same time really grateful to be even in with a shout at it. Unfortunately we've came up against a side who are in the process of Bayerning the Premier League.

Not expecting this every season but hopefully we can push on and stay in the top 2 or 3 positions in the league going forward whilst giving a good account of ourselves in the CL. We're relevant again which has been the most important thing for me.

Top Bottom