• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Looking at the upcoming fixtures list and minimal rotations, Arteta needs to hook the brothers up with PEDs..

thierry-henry-clueless.gif

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We aren’t rotating guys, the boys will have to run on pure adrenaline and put bodies on the line.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We going to have injuries next season, these players are not going to get a break after this season.

Arteta needs to learn two things fast, the first is how to rotate better and the second is to bring in reliable substitutes.

littleboysilva

Yeah sorry but you cant state that with full confidence. They have played more minutes but at this stage 200-300 minutes difference means nothing unless you take bunch of other factors into the equation which I dont think we have information about at all.

I think at this stage all players for all teams are starting to feel their legs. But if players who played most minutes are feeling it somehow more Im not sure I buy.
Looking at Liverpool and City
This stat is kind of wild but I just looked at Liverpool and City's squad and I think they both have way more depth than us. I remember people saying we have a lot of depth but compared to those two I don't think we do. I mean who is the backup really for someone like Saka? Nelson isn't good enough unfortunately.

Looking at Liverpool and City

This stat is kind of wild but I just looked at Liverpool and City's squad and I think they both have way more depth than us. I remember people saying we have a lot of depth but compared to those two I don't think we do. I mean who is the backup really for someone like Saka? Nelson isn't good enough unfortunately.

We also run less distance than these teams this season but somehow people are skipping that.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I have seen the light. If we win the next 2, I feel with a week's break for the remaining games, we'll win all 5 and win the title.

Even 4 points from next 2 won't be bad but would require city to drop points in 2 games (Liverpool in 1 but that's a given now I feel). Still 87 points won't be a bad season butaybe gives us 40% chance of winning the title.

Anything below might become very difficult.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I have seen the light. If we win the next 2, I feel with a week's break for the remaining games, we'll win all 5 and win the title.

Even 4 points from next 2 won't be bad but would require city to drop points in 2 games (Liverpool in 1 but that's a given now I feel). Still 87 points won't be a bad season butaybe gives us 40% chance of winning the title.

Anything below might become very difficult.

My personal opinion is that if we want to win the league then unfortunately we can't drop any points, I just can't see City dropping points in 2 games.

But, 1 draw and 4 wins gives us 87 points which is still a fantastic season and progress for sure, especially if the draw came at Sp*rs or OT as those are hard places to go regardless of their form.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Outfield players with over 3000 minutes played (all comps).

Saliba - 4052
Gabriel Magalhaes - 3912
Rice - 3824
Foden - 3770
Rodri - 3708
White - 3655
Ødegaard - 3604
Dias - 3547
Saka - 3525
Walker - 3486
Havertz - 3394
Akanji - 3296
Haaland - 3283
Alvarez - 3250
Silva - 3189

**** knows what it looks like with internationals added in.

LookingForEric

Time between the final league games now all three of the title chasers are out of Europe -

City - 5 days, 3 days, 6 days, 7 days, 3 days, 5 days.

Liverpool - 3 days, 3 days, 3 days, 8 days, 8 days, 6 days.

Arsenal - 3 days, 5 days, 6 days, 8 days, 7 days.

I personally think we’re in by far the best position game load wise. I still believe City will drop points in two more games.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
CB's like Gabriel and Saliba should really play every PL game they're available for, you don't tend to cover as much ground in that position so fatigue isn't as big a threat.

White is a machine, I felt that he looked one of our fresher players yesterday, not having international duty is a big bonus for us there.

Saka, Rice and Ødegaard were all blowing yesterday, they need to be rotated more next season.

I like ESR, Vieira, Reiss, Eddie etc but if they are proven in Arteta's eyes not to be good enough back ups to take semi regular minutes at the business end of seasons then they need to be moved on and new players brought in that he thinks are up to the standard required.

LookingForEric

Yeah but if Arteta had used the rotational players a bit more earlier in the season they could have been useful at this stage. Nelson, ESR, Viera for sure have the skill to ease the burden in attack a little. Nketiah is pretty useless.

Nketiah has played 1392 mins this season and 80% of those came in the first 14-20 games. He was phased out because he’s crap and unreliable.

Fabio had groin surgery so little harsh to say Arteta should’ve used him.

ESR played 73 mins then got a knee injury for 6 games.

Partey, Timber etc were injured early doors.

We haven’t actually had the opportunity to use the squad players early doors otherwise we would have.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm in terms of rotating more I do think it's an area Arteta can work on.

There's a balance between doing it too much and too little and at the moment I think we're on the "too little" side.

That said, it's definitely a bit too late in this season now. We have to go full steam ahead with our best team each game but I hope it's something he gets better at next year onward.

LookingForEric

Hmm in terms of rotating more I do think it's an area Arteta can work on.

There's a balance between doing it too much and too little and at the moment I think we're on the "too little" side.

That said, it's definitely a bit too late in this season now. We have to go full steam ahead with our best team each game but I hope it's something he gets better at next year onward.

It’s not about being better at it, it’s about having reliable rotation who aren’t always bloody injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, June 17

Arsenal will demand £20m to sell Jakub Kiwior - a fee Juventus cannot afford [Daily Mirror]

Arsenal will attempt to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen in the coming days, but for an amount less than his release clause [RaiSport]

Arsenal only value Osimhen at €75, half his release clause [Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli]

Latest posts

Top Bottom