• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For The Double 🤝

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think so. It would help them, but Liverpool are scoring for fun. Also, absentees haven’t hurt them at all this season, and they’ve had plenty.

That's because they've got like 20 attackers :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The West Ham game was one of those games where you cannot seem to score. We created a ton of chances.

Fulham was our worst game thus far. We deserved nothing.

Ya, even City have those games from time to time where they batter the opposition but can't put the ball in the net. It was the follow up loss to Fulham which was so crushing. Had we managed to just hold on to a scrappy 1-0 we'd be in such a more commanding position.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Liverpool top scorers -

Salah - 15
Jota - 9
Nunez - 9
Diaz - 6
Gakpo - 5
SpongeSzob - 3

Arsenal top scorers -
Saka - 12
Trossard - 7
Havertz - 5
Martinelli - 5
Eddie - 5
Ødegaard - 5

Not a huge difference, we just spread goals around more players. I’m fair sure we end the season with Saka near 20, Trossard double figures, Martinelli double figures and probably Havertz 8-10.

Like I’ve said before we have enough goals in the team to win the league, it’s just the lack of a consistently clinical player like Haaland and Salah.

remains

The game against Newcastle will be a big test of our title credentials. Another dirty **** house team that we have a mixed record against of late. We fell apart last season under the pressure and this is one of those moments we need to show we’ve learned from that and that we have the bottle for this title race.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The West Ham game was one of those games where you cannot seem to score. We created a ton of chances.

Fulham was our worst game thus far. We deserved nothing.
Pretty much. I'd throw in Villa and arguably Newcastle in that category as well. In the league, Fulham was the only game I feel we deserved to lose. Interestingly it was the only defeat where we managed to score and we actually took the lead first as well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

At least we're winning the xg title

But seriously, we're the most controlling/dominating team in the league. We don't have clutch players though.

The numbers are constantly there reflecting our level of performances.

We are doing the business (performances to results) 80% of the time, with performances closer to 100%. Consistent conversion of performances to results have been our biggest challenge this season. And I think that has now started to turn around.

It is why I’m quietly confident. As long as we have our players fit, we will be there.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
And Klopp will have to navigate such fixtures without a number of senior stars, after he was left without 11 first team players for Wednesday’s 4-1 victory over Luton Town.

Dominik Szoboszlai, Darwin Nunez, and Mohamed Salah are all injury doubts for the League Cup final against Chelsea, but are at least due back before the next round of internationals. However, Curtis Jones is touch-and-go to return beforehand, but Alisson Becker, Diogo Jota, and Trent Alexander-Arnold have been ruled out until at least after the break.

Thiago Alcantara, Stefan Bajcetic, Joel Matip, and Ben Doak also all remain sidelined.

This is from the Liverpool Echo. Amazing manager. If Arteta had 3 or 4 of these injuries at once all the Tet Cultists would be crying free hit and boo hoo Mik is the greatest but unluckiest coach ever. However now it is time for that famous Farzad positive vibes; this is great for us in title race. Klopp is playing with babies and pulling bunnies out of his b.m to keep this team top.

They have a crazy number of fixtures, a crazy number of injuries which if either happened to Mik it would absolve him of all responsibility for not winning anything. It just shows, in football it isn’t the money, it isn’t even the players when you talk long term vision, it’s all the manager; and the owner to.

LookingForEric

And Klopp will have to navigate such fixtures without a number of senior stars, after he was left without 11 first team players for Wednesday’s 4-1 victory over Luton Town.

Dominik Szoboszlai, Darwin Nunez, and Mohamed Salah are all injury doubts for the League Cup final against Chelsea, but are at least due back before the next round of internationals. However, Curtis Jones is touch-and-go to return beforehand, but Alisson Becker, Diogo Jota, and Trent Alexander-Arnold have been ruled out until at least after the break.

Thiago Alcantara, Stefan Bajcetic, Joel Matip, and Ben Doak also all remain sidelined.

This is from the Liverpool Echo. Amazing manager. If Arteta had 3 or 4 of these injuries at once all the Tet Cultists would be crying free hit and boo hoo Mik is the greatest but unluckiest coach ever. However now it is time for that famous Farzad positive vibes; this is great for us in title race. Klopp is playing with babies and pulling bunnies out of his b.m to keep this team top.

They have a crazy number of fixtures, a crazy number of injuries which if either happened to Mik it would absolve him of all responsibility for not winning anything. It just shows, in football it isn’t the money, it isn’t even the players when you talk long term vision, it’s all the manager; and the owner to.

More waffle than captain birdseye.

Arteta has been without Partey, Timber, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko and Jesus for a huge amount of time…

Bucephalus

More waffle than captain birdseye.

Arteta has been without Partey, Timber, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko and Jesus for a huge amount of time…
It's not the volume of the injuries, it's where they happen. Every squad has some weak links where the step down from the first choice is just too big. For us, I'd say Saliba, Ødegaard, Saka, but we can survive injuries anywhere else. For Liverpool, I'd say VVD and Salah. (Yes Salah got injured, but at a time he was going to be mostly away at AFCON anyway). Klopp and Arteta have both dealt with big injury lists, but fortunately for the most part, at positions where there's cover. They've both been dealt pretty similar hands.

LookingForEric

It's not the volume of the injuries, it's where they happen. Every squad has some weak links where the step down from the first choice is just too big. For us, I'd say Saliba, Ødegaard, Saka, but we can survive injuries anywhere else. For Liverpool, I'd say VVD and Salah. (Yes Salah got injured, but at a time he was going to be mostly away at AFCON anyway). Klopp and Arteta have both dealt with big injury lists, but fortunately for the most part, at positions where there's cover. They've both been dealt pretty similar hands.

Very well put!

I’d add Rice to that list you made.

Saka = top scorer
Saliba = just look at last season
Ødegaard = no other play maker aside from Vieira who’s also injured
Rice = no Partey so the cover is Jorginho and we lack athleticism and grit without Rice

Saying that luckily these guys (touch wood) are not injury prone and also available regularly. Which is excellent!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Those dropped points to West Ham and Fulham at the emirates, Craven Cottage (8 points) might come to haunt us, especially when we still have to go White Hart Lane, Etihad and Old Trafford all in the business end of the season...

UCL looking grim especially with Arteta's horrific European record at the Emirates (never won)...

It's not looking good, another trophyless season on it's way..
I heard someone else repeat that record, we have never won a european game at the emirates under arteta, this must mean in a two leg play off game?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Those dropped points to West Ham and Fulham at the emirates, Craven Cottage (8 points) might come to haunt us, especially when we still have to go White Hart Lane, Etihad and Old Trafford all in the business end of the season...

UCL looking grim especially with Arteta's horrific European record at the Emirates (never won)...

It's not looking good, another trophyless season on it's way..

We beat Benfica at home, so the record is a little pointless.

Of course it’s probably selectively excluding the EL Intermediate stage. But most of these games date back to when we still had Leno and Ceballos, which feels like a decade ago.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

At least we're winning the xg title

But seriously, we're the most controlling/dominating team in the league. We don't have clutch players though.

Arteta coaching the perfect game plan, our loser players letting him down.

Sun rise, sun set...

LookingForEric

Arteta coaching the perfect game plan, our loser players letting him down.

Sun rise, sun set...

Not loser players, he did sign most of them haha…

Issue is when you haven’t been in the champions league for 7 years you tend to not be able to attract the best of the best.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We beat Benfica at home, so the record is a little pointless.

Of course it’s probably selectively excluding the EL Intermediate stage. But most of these games date back to when we still had Leno and Ceballos, which feels like a decade ago.

Benfica was played in Greece not at the Emirates during Covid. At the Emirates with Arteta we have never won a European knockout game. In general Arteta is really suspect in knockout games, bar the fa cup win in 2020 he has been shocking in cup competitions.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Benfica was played in Greece not at the Emirates during Covid. At the Emirates with Arteta we have never won a European knockout game. In general Arteta is really suspect in knockout games, bar the fa cup win in 2020 he has been shocking in cup competitions.

Tbh I think the EL is irrelevant as we've always tried to both sides it with half arsed line ups. If we don't get over Porto in the CL though, big questions should be asked.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Tbh I think the EL is irrelevant as we've always tried to both sides it with half arsed line ups. If we don't get over Porto in the CL though, big questions should be asked.

Honestly if we go out to Porto and Liverpool wins the title instead of City then the fan base should really put the pressure on the club, as most fans thought Liverpool were not in the title picture back when we beat City in the Charity shield. It would be more embarrassing for Arsenal if Liverpool win the title than City 4 peat as we can allude to 'Pep inevitability' but Klopp using the squad to the best ability and winning the title looks bad on Arteta and his lack of squad management and inability to be pragmatic.

Up until the March International break, we have 4 games at the Emirates a woeful Newcastle/Brentford side, Chelsea who tends to turn up against the big boys and a crucial game of the season tie vs Porto.

Plus 1 away game vs Sheffield United away from home on March 4th (under the lights via Skysports 8pm). So the onus is on the squad and the manager as this is pressure time.

Boys better pull up

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Honestly if we go out to Porto and Liverpool wins the title instead of City then the fan base should really put the pressure on the club, as most fans thought Liverpool were not in the title picture back when we beat City in the Charity shield. It would be more embarrassing for Arsenal if Liverpool win the title than City 4 peat as we can allude to 'Pep inevitability' but Klopp using the squad to the best ability and winning the title looks bad on Arteta and his lack of squad management and inability to be pragmatic.

Up until the March International break, we have 4 games at the Emirates a woeful Newcastle/Brentford side, Chelsea who tends to turn up against the big boys and a crucial game of the season tie vs Porto.

Plus 1 away game vs Sheffield United away from home on March 4th (under the lights via Skysports 8pm). So the onus is on the squad and the manager as this is pressure time.

Boys better pull up

This is how I see it too. Let's see how it plays out, I think we'll beat Newcastle and get over Porto in a few weeks.

Top Bottom