• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For The Double 🤝

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Provided that we don't lose to City, the 10 wins, 1 draw (City) and a single loss brings us to 89 points which could be just enough, depending on how City and Poll continue.

Or we're gonna be cursing those 6 points dropped to Fulham and West Ham for a very long time.
I think were gonna anyway, we can beat them all though. Just need the mentality!!

HattoriHanzo

I checked the points at GW 26 of last season and we had 5 more points than we do now.

View attachment 22095

The West Ham and Fulham losses could be compared the last seasons late defeats from right on at home and away to Nott Forrest, but then we had 6 losses by end of last season.

With 4 losses so far, we can perhaps tolerate only one more loss tbastille be in contention and that loss should not be from City.

So many factors in play, but I still don't think we have broken even with last seasons run.
Arsenal have exactly the same total of points from the equivalent 26 fixtures from last season.

Also, if you check points per match, exactly the same average like last season, 2.2 points per match.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is still a small window, and it involves City not losing at Anfield.

We’d need to be perfect though, and that may be the problem for us.

This is based on recent history though. Form probably dictates that Liverpool fall away, and City do not replicate 12 wins in a row from here.

I do think to stand a chance, we need 10 more wins.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arsenal have exactly the same total of points from the equivalent 26 fixtures from last season.

Also, if you check points per match, exactly the same average like last season, 2.2 points per match.
Sorry, but this is the problem with "overstatification".
63 points (last year) vs. 58 points (this year) at gameweek 26, so it is not exactly the same average like last season, this is the most accurate situation and the only important stat; points on the table.

2.42 vs. 2.23 points per game.

There are far too many other factors involved when we try to analyze equivalent matches, one of them being related to schedule if are you playing them relatively early or by the end when relegation is a real concern.

Also, there are some inaccuracies in that tweet. E.g. it wrongly states that we can improve on last seasons results vs. Chelsea, when in fact we won both matches v. them last season: 1-0 away with the Gabriel goal from corner and 3-1 at home.

HattoriHanzo

63 points (last year) vs. 58 points (this year) at gameweek 26, so it is not exactly the same average like last season, this is the most accurate situation and the only important stat; points on the table.

There are far too many other factors involved when we try to analyze equivalent matches, one of them being related to schedule if are you playing them relatively early or by the end when relegation is a real concern.

Also, there are some inaccuracies in that tweet. E.g. it wrongly states that we can improve on last seasons results vs. Chelsea, when in fact we won both matches v. them last season: 1-0 away with the Gabriel goal from corner and 3-1 at home.
I used the word "average"
Last season we had 84 points, 84/38=2.21
Now we have 58 points after 26 matches; 58/26=2.23

For me this is correct, to compare equivalent fixtures between last season and now, and with this comparison points are exactly the same.
Last season we had 50 pts after 19 matches which is insanely good, but in this first 19 matches last season we haven't played City at all.

exactly the same average like last season

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The tweet is not saying we can improve on last seasons result against Chelsea specifically. It is listing the next 6 league fixtures and how many points we got in that fixture last season.

Fabregasm

There is still a small window, and it involves City not losing at Anfield.

We’d need to be perfect though, and that may be the problem for us.

This is based on recent history though. Form probably dictates that Liverpool fall away, and City do not replicate 12 wins in a row from here.

I do think to stand a chance, we need 10 more wins.

I think we have the right quality to pull this off but to be honest with the tightest of margin expected we need to have strong element of luck with VAR decision, injuries to tweak into our favor on grinding out those tough away games.

HattoriHanzo

We have very demanding schedule in remaining 12 matches, more demanding than City and Liverpool.
City, Sp**s, Utd, Brighton away, Villa, Chelsea at home, it will be very difficult.

The most important thing for me are injuries and how we cope with them.
And mentality, our players must start to think line winners.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
We have very demanding schedule in remaining 12 matches, more demanding than City and Liverpool.
City, Sp**s, Utd, Brighton away, Villa, Chelsea at home, it will be very difficult.

We should be able to win against Villa, Chelsea at home and UTD away, think City and Brighton away will be tricky.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
View attachment 22100

Don't care what anyone says this is a spicy title race
Ive seen a lot of media indicate its a monumental tussle between Liverpool and Man City. eg: opening sequence of BBC MOTD on Sat night was a montage of City/Liverpool games hyping the battle

I think it's brilliant if were not considered and just sit hanging on their shoulders.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

You're misinterpreting - on equivalent fixtures we are even with last season. It's still a better gauge than equivalent points by MD as you could have had a kinder fixture list to boost your points tally.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Both City & Pool are in still in FA Cup & European competitions. We have CL & PL only. Their schedules will be more demanding. Pool have just won the Carabao or whatever it is these days, so they've had an even heavier schedule recently...

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Both City & Pool are in still in FA Cup & European competitions. We have CL & PL only. Their schedules will be more demanding. Pool have just won the Carabao or whatever it is these days, so they've had an even heavier schedule recently...

Pool gotta play on Thursdays it’s gonna be HEAVY

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Last year people said the same thing. City were in the FA Cup and CL, we only had PL left the last few months..

Then again. Those Thursday nights for Liverpool are tough for the weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom