• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For The Double 🤝

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Arteta didn’t get 71 points or more till his 4th season. Point totals and goals are inflated in recent years as gulf between top 6 or 7 and rest has increased. 71 points usually gets you CL. Up till this year AM was kissing mik’s bum for 5th and Europa. So i have seen you sexuals salivate for a lot less than 71 points, 2nd place, and beating the champions twice in league.

Please at least be truthful if you’re going to give us facts? This is his 4th season, he title challenged in his 3rd season after building his squad. ETH has spent as much as Arteta did to title challenge btw, what do you make of that?

You’re boring mate, same narrative over and over no matter what the clubs doing, why? We’re in a position now where we title challenge, so why you going back to Arteta’s first or second season? It’s wild, it’s embarrassing and it needs to ****ing stop.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

That was a good performance by City.

They looking dangerous.
Meh, they still look suspect and their record against the big 6 is still diabolical this season. Confident we can beat them at the Etihad as long as we turn up. More frustrated by Liverpool, they need to start dropping some points soon.

HattoriHanzo

Please at least be truthful if you’re going to give us facts? This is his 4th season, he title challenged in his 3rd season after building his squad. ETH has spent as much as Arteta did to title challenge btw, what do you make of that?

You’re boring mate, same narrative over and over no matter what the clubs doing, why? We’re in a position now where we title challenge, so why you going back to Arteta’s first or second season? It’s wild, it’s embarrassing and it needs to ****ing stop.
Why do you even bother to debate with him about Arteta?
It’s pointless.
He doesn’t care about any logic or argument, he only wants to beat Arteta.
And he admitted already here, that he will use any stick to beat Arteta.
When Arsenal wins, It’s because opposition is poor, or because of our players.
When Arsenal lose, Arteta is the only one to blame.

Badger_Revenge

Man U did not look good, and while City played well, it took them a while to break Man U down. KDB does not look himself, Haalund gets into his head at times.

City really have to thank Foden (And Rashford's whining at the other end). Rashford flubbed his lines completely except for the goal. The ManU subs were pointless and destructive and sealed the deal.

Arsenal can realistically beat City I think.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We beat City already this year. Don't forget. Let go of that little brother complex.

"They didn't have KDB"

Well, we didn't have Saka.

Like last year, we control our own destiny.

Are we up for the challenge is the question.

Technically no if Liverpool were to win all their remaining games.

I'm sorry but in *no* context is City a bigger club than Arsenal, none.
That's a reasonable position so let me clarify. I wrote this post with our trophy expectations in mind. As of now, unless something major changes (like the imposition of severe sanctions on City or Pep leaving), City will regularly be fielding a side more capable of winning big trophies over the long run. Liverpool, United, and Chelsea have similar or greater resources too.

One reason we've had a toxic culture in recent years is the inability of many fans--myself included!--to adjust to the new landscape after having been spoilt by the peak Wenger years when we were in a duopoly with United. If you viewed things dispassionately, like an investor or analyst rather than a fan with rose-tinted glasses, you would expect Arsenal to win a Premier League title every 5-7 years rather than every other year like the late 1990s/early 2000s. Under that view, Arteta's performance, especially given where we started when he took the job, has been impressive. That's why many neutrals think of him as an excellent manager, and that's why he has total job security notwithstanding what the most rabid fans on this website might think.

While I would love a European Cup or title this year, I find comfort in our future, however, because I don't think Liverpool or City will necessarily find better managers than Arteta after Pep/Klopp leave. And our players are still young while several of City's core pieces like KdB, Bernardo Silva, Walker, Ederson, and Stones begin to decline. Thus, I think the next 3 seasons are where we have to capitalize.

I have to say, after watching City dismantle United, I really hope Pep leaves sooner than later. That club is an unstoppable juggernaut and it's deeply unjust how they have built a reinforcing, sustainable machine through exorbitant investments in a pre-FFP era.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Being an Arsenal fan...

If we have a full squad, we win them all bro!!

demotivational-posters-well-theres-your-problem6.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's a reasonable position so let me clarify. I wrote this post with our trophy expectations in mind. As of now, unless something major changes (like the imposition of severe sanctions on City or Pep leaving), City will regularly be fielding a side more capable of winning big trophies over the long run. Liverpool, United, and Chelsea have similar or greater resources too.

One reason we've had a toxic culture in recent years is the inability of many fans--myself included!--to adjust to the new landscape after having been spoilt by the peak Wenger years when we were in a duopoly with United. If you viewed things dispassionately, like an investor or analyst rather than a fan with rose-tinted glasses, you would expect Arsenal to win a Premier League title every 5-7 years rather than every other year like the late 1990s/early 2000s. Under that view, Arteta's performance, especially given where we started when he took the job, has been impressive. That's why many neutrals think of him as an excellent manager, and that's why he has total job security notwithstanding what the most rabid fans on this website might think.

While I would love a European Cup or title this year, I find comfort in our future, however, because I don't think Liverpool or City will necessarily find better managers than Arteta after Pep/Klopp leave. And our players are still young while several of City's core pieces like KdB, Bernardo Silva, Walker, Ederson, and Stones begin to decline. Thus, I think the next 3 seasons are where we have to capitalize.

I have to say, after watching City dismantle United, I really hope Pep leaves sooner than later. That club is an unstoppable juggernaut and it's deeply unjust how they have built a reinforcing, sustainable machine through exorbitant investments in a pre-FFP era.
Otherwise good post, but Silva is 29,5 years old, and Ederson 30,5 years old. They can still play at least 3-4 years at top level.

Although it's likely Silva will want a change of scene before that.

Top Bottom