• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Title

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Last season City won about a trillion games in a row in the home stretch with KDB not at his best and finished five points ahead of us plus they downed tools for their final two games.

It’s not looking good brev, but nobody’s done four in a row in English history.

Anything could happen, who knows I could marry Dua Lipa this year. Was successful in the ticket ballot for the league opener against Forest so COYG!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
F01fHJEXgAMzYD_

Really surprised people are expecting Chelsea to challenge for top 4…

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
People predicting Newcastle to challenge are doing my head in. They will cycle through Antony Gordon, Barnes, St Maximum and Almiron on the wings. Who says Tonali is a great player who will take the league by storm? He is already depressed having signed for Newcastle, his flop potential is high.

People cannot see that progressive football will get points. Only ourselves, Liverpool and City are capable of playing a high qaulity progressive brand of football. Now people will say we didnt in 21-22 and did in 22-23, therefore its possible for other teams, and yes this is true. but there is nothing about Newcastle, United, or Chelsea than indicated they are ready to make the transition. We had Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard teething and ready to progress, we had a rolls royce centre half on loan ready to come back into he team. We had a progressive manager with a clear goal who is charging forward and demanding the players match his standards. Where as at United, I see Ten Hag accommodating his players limitations by playing a regressive brand of football.

I would be stunned, if the top 3 isnt us, Liverpool and City. The order - likely City at the front, but who knows. No way, 'Eeeeddeeeeee Howe' is better than Arteta, and with a group of inferior players at Newcastle, he hasnt a chance.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

F01fHJEXgAMzYD_

One of Klopp, Ten Hag or Howe should be sacked on the spot if this side even gets close to any of them.

It actually looks ok, starting XI (I mean they could do with a striker) but I don't expect them to hit the ground running next year at all.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I had to live with the “we’ll never make top 4 with Xhaka” fallacy for so long until last season. Here’s a new perception; we’ll never make top 2 without Xhaka.

Nah don’t do this man. Think of it this way. We WILL get top 2 this season. And it will be the lasting impressions of Xhaka’s fearless nature and inspiring talks from last season that gets us over the line.

Better?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
F01fHJEXgAMzYD_

Nicolas Jackson seems to be quite highly rated. Be interested to see how he gets on. I rate Broja a lot but he had a really bad injury. A lot depends on how he recovers.

I'm expecting much more from Enzo. Ability wise he's phenomenal but it's difficult to judge him playing under to poorly performing managers. Reckon Pochettino will get a tune out of his fellow countryman.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
This squad with signings confirmed to date is definitely a top 3 squad that’s capable of winning a title. I’m afraid a title win would depend on City having bad luck with injuries, but we were close last season even though we had the poor luck down the stretch. I think our most likely final position in the table is 2nd again. Gonna be a tough season though with CL games, but I’m looking forward to this season. COYG!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Same, so I went with the median :drool:

All depends on how we react to having the added CL, can't really rotate in those group games compared to Europa. I think the next 1-2 years is all about re-establishing ourselves as consistent CL club from my point of view.

If we challenge for the title or even win it in that time then even better.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
City losing some key players. It will be interesting to see what impact it has, i'm sure Pep won't allow much of a drop. But, it feels like next season could be the one where another club take it, we need to nail this summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have a chance this year, though still think City will have too much for us.

But if this season goes the way I think it will, then I will be pretty confident of us winning the league in 2025.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Tbh I'll be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2 - we were clearly the best team in the PL at times last season and in the end, City were just too good. We've further strengthened key areas of our team and our best players still have plenty of natural room for improvement/growth due to their age profiles.

The wild card for me is how we adapt to Champions League footy.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbh I'll be disappointed if we finish outside the top 2 - we were clearly the best team in the PL at times last season and in the end, City were just too good. We've further strengthened key areas of our team and our best players still have plenty of natural room for improvement/growth due to their age profiles.

The wild card for me is how we adapt to Champions League footy.

Other teams also a wild-card no?

Think we’ll be good again, but would never be surprised by Klopp managing an 85+ point season.

If guys like Salah return to top form Liverpool have a level in them only City can match.

say yes

forum master baiter
True, especially for Newcastle but don't United have recent CL exposure? I honestly can't remember. I was thinking of City when making that statement.
Yeah they do, and regular Europa when not.

Would be amazed if Newcastle make the top 4 again next year. Expect big improvements from Liverpool, Chelsea (could hardly be worse) and United.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom