• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sp**s are actually rubbish aren’t they?

No chance they get a win at Anfield. Villa beating Brighton this weekend secures 4th for them.

All is not lost because if Sp**s do drop points at Anfield they’ve got Newcastle and United breathing down their necks.

However both play each other at Anfield second to last game so y’kno, they’ll probably be fine but maybe a little incentive to beat City?

Synical

Miss Superstitious

No chance they get a win at Anfield. Villa beating Brighton this weekend secures 4th for them.

All is not lost because if Sp**s do drop points at Anfield they’ve got Newcastle and United breathing down their necks.

However both play each other at Anfield second to last game so y’kno, they’ll probably be fine but maybe a little incentive to beat City?
Surely pride should be enough of a driver. But, yeah, you are correct- Sp**s are cr@p

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Indeed, we need to start strong like 22/23 season (50 points in 19 games or better) whilst the remaining 19 games we need to replicate 23/24 season or better (as we dropped points to Fulham at Craven Cottage/lost to Villa at emirates this 2nd half of the season).

Pep only lost 1 title race which is Mourinho 100 point record breaking Madrid team, other than Klopp lost 2 titles whilst on 90+ points and Conte won the title in Pep's first season in the prem with 93 points.

Need to be aiming 100 points next season as this is City's transitional season with key players leaving (Mahrez/Gundogan), integrating new players like Doku/Kovacic/Gvardiol and rotating between their academy like Oscar Bob/Rico Lewis whilst having key injuries to Grealish, Haaland, Stones and KDB missing many games.

City targeting the likes of Bruno Guimares/Musiala/Paqueta does make me nervous for next season, it's why our recruitment has to be excellent, simply level raisers and actual genuine Left back.
If City gets Musiala he will revitalize their attack. But there is the lingering 115 charges is lingering over them if that case ever gets to a decision

Farzad Stoned

It comes down to Sp.rs doing us a giant favor; despite City’s record there why is it hard to believe City will drop anymore? They virtually never drop in these situations

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
It comes down to Sp.rs doing us a giant favor; despite City’s record there why is it hard to believe City will drop anymore? They virtually never drop in these situations

City are good at Set Pieces and Sp**s are porous in set pieces.

Also when City played Sp**s they had pragmatic coaches like Mourinho and Conte who could sit back and hit you on the counter with Kane distribution to Son.

Ange is defensively frail and stubborn, Son is also washed.

Comfy City win.

Pep in title run ins is cash money guaranteed.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It doesn’t matter where Sp**s are in the table, or where their top 4 hopes are. Ange will force them to play hard and look to win against City.

Motivation won’t be the problem for Sp**s, quality is. Sp**s don’t have quality and know how when competing with equal and better teams, most of the time.

That is the issue against City, City will expose them and all their weaknesses.

Ange is trying to instill a fighting spirit in them. Time will tell if he gets that right.

Farzad Stoned

It doesn’t matter where Sp**s are in the table, or where their top 4 hopes are. Ange will force them to play hard and look to win against City.

Motivation won’t be the problem for Sp**s, quality is. Sp**s don’t have quality and know how when competing with equal and better teams, most of the time.

Ange is trying to instill a fighting spirit in them. Time will tell if he gets that right.
Ange is too open they will cut them up is my feeling also

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I still think Sp**s will have an outside shot at top 4 going into that City game.They will get beat by Liverpool this weekend but IMO Villa will at best get one point from their next two games which are Brighton (a), Liverpool (h). If Sp**s beat Burnley next weekend they could go into the City game 5 points behind with the chance to go 2 behind with one game to play.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I've always firmly believed in the bolded part but wondered what brought it on?

Then I realised their match with Chelsea, their CRUCIAL match as they chase top 4, was yesterday. In typical spursy fashion, they lost.

They really are peerless in being useless. For themselves or others :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
City have about a 8% chance of dropping points, pretty sure everyone knows that.

When our challenge collapsed last year they were very strong favourites for 4 in a row and they are still favourites for 5 in a row, although we are definitely closer. Even the most dominant Liverpool & United sides of the past didn’t retain 4 titles, It’s never been done.

All the people who have invested millions in “the best league in the world” (tm) must naturally have a few concerns about the product. Now we have talks to explore a spending cap - sounds like that’s a few years away. I wonder what teams voted against it :)

"Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for 115 charges to take effect"

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Sp**s are definitely very open and shaky defensively. But on the other hand they somehow came out with a 2-2 draw at the Etihad playing like that and City's record against the big 6 this season has been terrible bar United so idk what to expect.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sp**s are definitely very open and shaky defensively. But on the other hand they somehow came out with a 2-2 draw at the Etihad playing like that and City's record against the big 6 this season has been terrible bar United so idk what to expect.

I mean you did say big 6, so United don’t count.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

First simple thing they can do is start workng on their set piece defense, 4 goals in the last 2 matches ffs.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I still think Sp**s will have an outside shot at top 4 going into that City game.They will get beat by Liverpool this weekend but IMO Villa will at best get one point from their next two games which are Brighton (a), Liverpool (h). If Sp**s beat Burnley next weekend they could go into the City game 5 points behind with the chance to go 2 behind with one game to play.
Really doubt it, i think Sp**s are cooked for this year.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

City aren't as resolute defensively as we are, they concede chances. Baring that in mind if Sp**s are somewhat up for it they will create problems. They had chances against us so you'd imagine they'd create more Vs City especially given how many Forest had.

I'm not entirely convinced but I don't buy this narrative that City are just gonna rock up to their stadium and beat them comfortably. Unless of course Sp**s lose badly Vs Pool and Villa have top 4 sewn up.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
First simple thing they can do is start workng on their set piece defense, 4 goals in the last 2 matches ffs.

Ange will sort that out, that Im certain of.

He'll then push on with his style, determined to get it at the level he wants it.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom